• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Normal dif, Brandenburg > Prussia Game. Went Germany just before i took the screenshot so no good decision with lots of free cores for CB :)

I found that it was much more fun that way by restraining my self from total exploitation of weaker states and the only non CB wars i took land in was war with Austria which have been and now that they are allied with France and Lithuania
still is a worth adversary.

N'joy!

2011101600001e.jpg

Normal dif, Brandenburg > Prussia Game. Went Germany just before i took the screenshot so no good decision with lots of free cores for CB :)

I found that it was much more fun that way by restraining my self from total exploitation of weaker states and the only non CB wars i took land in was war with Austria which have been and now that they are allied with France and Lithuania
still is a worth adversary.

N'joy!

View attachment 47612

Nice work, I started Brandenburg with a 7-8-8 ruler and still didn't get any single core event for 35 years so I quitted in despair. But actually less expansion can make the game very realistic and lasting so I will start again and see it as a hands off game focusing on cores and building big forts in a small nation.. maybe I play until the end for once. Did you leave the empire in the start or not?

Last edited:
Nice work, I started Brandenburg with a 7-8-8 ruler and still didn't get any single core event for 35 years so I quitted in despair. But actually less expansion can make the game very realistic and lasting so I will start again and see it as a hands off game focusing on cores and building big forts in a small nation.. maybe I play until the end for once. Did you leave the empire in the start or not?

I focused on grabbing the title of emperor from Austria and had it for maybe 150 years. Then i lost it so i went republic. The free cores you get as emperor when you use HRE CB's to conquer Poland and TO is quiet handy so :)

As i went republic i waged a war to dissolve the empire to :)

I had 2 main goals excluding my general restrictions not to over expand/vassalise and so on.
1. Capture all provinces of the German Empire except Elssas with Prussia (formed from Brandenburg) and then form Germany.
2. Dissolve HRE before 1800 or which ever year Rev. France did it.

A sub goal with Elssas was that the final war was to be about this province. It was rather epic actually as for a finale. Netherlands, Germany(me) and Sweden VS Austria, France, GB and Lithuania. I didn't annex Elssas until i had defeated and occupied each of the enemy capitals + their vassals´in the near vicinity.

Last edited:
I think rather like throwing sevenTY years old into NBA. Or a rugby team. Still i think bush wasn't so bad. Not worse than other american presidents.

If you mean GWB Sr. I agree. The other one brought us 2 wars, 2 man-made natural desasters, a global financial and economical crisis and - well, that counts for him - funny phrases on interviews and speeches like from a stroke-victim.

I focused on grabbing the title of emperor from Austria and had it for maybe 150 years. Then i lost it so i went republic. The free cores you get as emperor when you use HRE CB's to conquer Poland and TO is quiet handy so :)

As i went republic i waged a war to dissolve the empire to :)

I had 2 main goals excluding my general restrictions not to over expand/vassalise and so on.
1. Capture all provinces of the German Empire except Elssas with Prussia (formed from Brandenburg) and then form Germany.
2. Dissolve HRE before 1800 or which ever year Rev. France did it.

A sub goal with Elssas was that the final war was to be about this province. It was rather epic actually as for a finale. Netherlands, Germany(me) and Sweden VS Austria, France, GB and Lithuania. I didn't annex Elssas until i had defeated and occupied each of the enemy capitals + their vassals´in the near vicinity.

Ah ye but as HRE you only get one core / war right? it's nice anyway thanks for reminding me of this!

How did you do it?

Honestly, I cheated. I used the event 'Claims on rivals' to expand into Brandenburg/Meissen/Anhalt/Pommeria very fast to get coastal acces. Allied with Bohemia and some minors. Then I asked for military acces from Scotland and dumped 10.000 soldiers there once my fleet was finished.

At some point England went to war with Mega France over Britanny and I sweeped in once his armies where destroyed by the French forces. I took the southern provinces (Wessex, Kent, Oxfordshire and Essex (Or East Anglia.) and continued with my conquest of England. Using my lands in the HRE as financial and menpower base I managed to conquer the entirety of England by 1410. And in 1418 or so my first cores arrived on Wessex and Kent. In the meantime England continued it's weird adventures in Morroco, Anatolia and France. Which wore them down even more. While they where supposed to fight me.

If you mean GWB Sr. I agree. The other one brought us 2 wars, 2 man-made natural desasters, a global financial and economical crisis and - well, that counts for him - funny phrases on interviews and speeches like from a stroke-victim.

I think Afghanistan was more Al Qaeda's fault - it wasn't just Bush who was pushing for that after 9/11. Iraq wasn't all Bush, either, though that's more complicated (faulty intelligence and stuff - leading political leaders from both parties believed it had WMDs). Bush didn't cause the disasters or the financial crisis either (you can argue that he mismanaged them, but they certainly weren't his fault).

Really, though, this is off-topic.

Honestly, I cheated. I used the event 'Claims on rivals' to expand into Brandenburg/Meissen/Anhalt/Pommeria very fast to get coastal acces. Allied with Bohemia and some minors. Then I asked for military acces from Scotland and dumped 10.000 soldiers there once my fleet was finished.

At some point England went to war with Mega France over Britanny and I sweeped in once his armies where destroyed by the French forces. I took the southern provinces (Wessex, Kent, Oxfordshire and Essex (Or East Anglia.) and continued with my conquest of England. Using my lands in the HRE as financial and menpower base I managed to conquer the entirety of England by 1410. And in 1418 or so my first cores arrived on Wessex and Kent. In the meantime England continued it's weird adventures in Morroco, Anatolia and France. Which wore them down even more. While they where supposed to fight me.

Even so, that's impressive. And I like the concept of a Saxon Anglo-Saxon (English) nation.:)

NO,NOT THIS EVENT DEAR GOD:

Idk what it is with me and crusader states they just strike me as fun lately...

Gonna try something else new soon

The Great Dominion of the Templar Order

templarfun.png