• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
E2789400A0BCD8009C8AD52D650A31B24597A0A8

Weird...Castille broke, Lithuania and Poland got up and decided to move, Croatia is big, the Ottomans have a cored province in Scotland, Fex won, MING.

I've actually never seen a successful Denmark, ever. What is keeping them from forming Scandinavia?

E2789400A0BCD8009C8AD52D650A31B24597A0A8

Weird...Castille broke, Lithuania and Poland got up and decided to move, Croatia is big, the Ottomans have a cored province in Scotland, Fex won, MING.

Is that the 5.1 beta or is it full version cause in beta Ming blobbed like that in every game for me

The continuation of my Delhi game, now 1799.

51221841312750365942.png

I just ended a war with Sweden that went for years after their army was squashed. Those level 5 and 6 forts are so annoying. Anyway, they were shred apart and now it's me who has level 6 forts in the snow mwawawawah!

Mexico is alive and has an african province, USA and USCA are neighbours in Georgia or so. British Canada is quite a nice thing, historical and cleany. Clearly not a western century as Ottomans and me are putting all those europeans in place. I have provinces in Spain, Ottomans have provinces in France. And we are both allied mwawawawh!

3C22B021FE92385E8F2ED43F8473AADDB9617392

Still have some beautifying to do. Thinking about releasing Bohemia/Hungary as my Slavic Duchy. I have not yet conquered Russia or Scandinavia because they have uncannily pretty borders. So I'm going to the Middle East.

As far as the gameplay goes, I imagine that this is a world in which Mazzini's theories (never you mind that this is the completely wrong time) about Nation-States is incorporated into an early-formed Germany. Austria, who formed Germany had long existed as a dual-culture state between Austria and Hungary. As the emperors of Austria and then Germany acquired more and more crowns, they preferred to deal with the administrative nightmare through the appointment of local dukes than even attempt to the pretense of personal stewardship. This, combined with the admittedly heavy hand of the Austro-German military, lead to relatively quick integration of subject lands. Their skill in these matters lead them to realise that any further dominions would be better governed by culturally sensitive locals, to avoid altogether the issues of revolt. While this was not a system without failure (as proven by the repeated revolts of the Poles in the Duchy of Silesia and the earlier multiple rebellious French Dukes) it by and large made the administration of an immense multicultural empire possible. Some, like the Duchies of Iberia and Prussia even proved to be helpful.

talking about Prussia...

Who are the yellow chaps, Lord Gurgi? I'm mildly amused that they seem to be the Byzantine Empire with a different name and colour. :)