• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And on that vein, my completed (Mostly) Minamoto -> Japan game, 1812, with selected empires highlighted:

eu3mapjap18131271.png

What a weird, weird game. France went Protestant, colonised, then utterly collapsed. Novgorod expanded well into Siberia but never formed Russia. Giant Bohemia. Baltic musical chairs. My goal for this game was mostly just to colonise every Pacific island plus Oceania, and keep any Western powers out of Asia. I could have easily gone for WC, however - fully westernised Japan, in spite of the handicap that Shinto is, is a beast. At the end of that game I had monthly income in the 10,000 ducat range. I spent the entire game without building artillery; being so far away from Europe and surrounded by less developed neighbours makes things very easy after a while. You can look at a full map, too.

I don't understand all the shades of grey..
Also the income listed in the ledger is monthly+yearly, I think.

Overextension wont go away im afraid, it is triggered by 2 ways AFAIK:
1. having less than 50% cores in your territory or more with bad admin ruler
2. having 120 cities or less and various stage of decentralization
No that's incorrect, you need to fulfill BOTH of those requirements. Since your speed of conquest is limited by infamy reduction (among other things), the number of non-cores is limited while the number of cores keeps rising. Eventually your core ratio will easily reach 80% even with continued conquests.

Having started very small my inflation is still at 76.
76!!! :eek:

Hi all! First post. I 've been playing the game for a while, but this game is the one I prefer.
eu3maphre1563.jpg

eu3maphre1563_1.jpg

Year is 1560.
Begun as france, bet england early(they release cornwall after losing a war against burgundy, used it as a drop point for my soldiers). Then I got my self accepted in HRE by the same burgundy.
I formed HRE in 1510 by releasing some french vassals (foix, provence,etc).Got a little 10-years civil war with it, before i got core on the all empire.
I'm allied with Russia(that means none can trouble me).Hope i can form a personal union with them!
There's no colonial power(except me,england doesn't exist, castille is too busy fightin' in africa), making me the best trading leader.
I got insane income, and have more than 8 universities ( even had an event that gave me one freely).
So I'll keep going, but the game is really easier without all european troubles.

I want to post my Fujiwara > Japan empire but the world map has to big space requierment to upload on Image shack can someone how to upload it then

Imageshack 5mb but world picture 34mb

Resize the picture and save it in .jpg format. Open it and look for the compression option in Microsoft picture viewer, or the paint tool may work too.
Actually, save it in gif or png format if you can. Jpg is really not suited at all for this kind of image.

It isn't, look at the full map he links to.

he selected a picked a few nation, used magic wand to select their colours, negatived the selection and turned the whole map greyscale, merged the two layers and voilá. pretty nice map btw.

Portugal 1637
EU3_MAP_POR_163723_1.jpg

Everything was going quite nicely up to the 1550's where Castille decided it would claim territory with boundary disputes :mad:. They didn't stomp me at first because of that crazy blue blob eating them up :D ... until they went after me as well just after I had a war with Castille >_> (thank god for reduction of sphere costing so much ^^,)
I now have the highest income of around 4k but I still can't support a large army due to terrible manpower issues which is hard to fix because I want to keep colonising but then Castille comes along with her allies and decides to want some of my colonies limiting the money that I want to spend.

No idea how the AI supports armies 3x my size when they have 1/2 of my income, 20% inflation :/

That France will become a huge problem soon. Bigger than Castille or Ottomans. You let them grow way too fat and worse of all gave them border with you. You should address this problem immediately.

If you want more troops, it's easiest by vassalizing some HRE electors and bribing others. HRE bonus will give you lots of everything, gigantic support limit among it.

France have 4x the manpower that I have and their tech is better than mine, there's no taking that beast down. And for some reason noone will ally with me including countries like Castille and England :/. I think i'll just ignore France and hope to get lucky :D
It's not the support limit that's the problem but manpower. Currently I can support something like 170 regiments, but I've only got around 40k manpower and I want to devote my magistrates towards building my colonies up with mints and trade stuff (OM NOM 1% trade effeciency per building)

he selected a picked a few nation, used magic wand to select their colours, negatived the selection and turned the whole map greyscale, merged the two layers and voilá. pretty nice map btw.

I understand how he did it, made similar maps myself, that was not the point.

An update on my England game.

EU3_2.jpg

I was still as in that last shot (post #495) plus had annexed/released the Crusade target in the Azov region and was allied to Portugal and Lithuania (both had made the offer to me). My previous king had died, leaving a 6 year-old 3/4/3 as heir. He's come of age now, but soon before then Brittany with its PU junior Toulouse and vassal Guyenne and allies Portugal, Aragon and Burgundy declared war on me, both my non-vassals ditching me. I was outnumbered both on land and at sea; Burgundy alone had half the opposing army, Portugal and Aragon each had 20 heavy warships. I ceded Calais to Burgundy as quick as they would accept. Portugal used their fleet to invade Cornwall twice; in the naval battle after the first invasion, I captured about a third of their fleet, in the battle after the second force landed, the remainder sank. During the course of the war I lost two armies and control of all my provinces in northern Gaul; I retained control of all provinces in the south, but all were seiged at least once. I sent my army allong the Pyrennes to take Aragon's capital and drove them out of the war, gaining Sardinia (taken by Pisa's troops). Wehn Portugal offered a WP I accepted. When a Scot revolt broke out in the Western Isles, Brittany and Toulouse sent their fleets to block my army from attacking, but using two fleets I was able to pin them and sink all their ships. Brittany's king died during the war, ending their PU and allowing me to force vassalize Toulouse. After that it was just a matter of wiping out the remaining armies and going for 80~90% WS. I annexed their vassal and the two easternmost provinces and then started releasing vassals. Unfortunately, Guyenne had cores on two of my provinces, so I had to move my NF to enact Cultural Unity before releasing them. Now I'm in a much better position to face Burgundy.

-Pat

Last edited:
The year is 1620. My Hungary is a protestant Holy Roman Emperor, leads personal unions with Austria and Mega-Lithuania, and has Salzburg and Mazovia as vassals. Cleves I inherited earlier.

GkSbS.png

Wqsap.png

I started the game by releasing Croatia as a vassal and selling a couple of provinces to Transylvania. This way I became small enough for Bohemia to let me into the empire. The 10% research boost nicely compensated the techgroup penalty. After I diploannexed Croatia and Transylvania, I became the emperor rather quickly. I fought some wars and passed a couple of reforms.

Then my heir died. Some time later I got a new heir from a different dynasty. Then my king died and I got a regency council. This was in 1493. A couple of years later a new heir from another dynasty displaced my previous one. Sometime around here I converted to protestant and managed to diplomatically convert four electors. Austria converted on its own. Then again I got a new heir from another dynasty. Having converted enough electors I remained the emperor. In 1510 I then got yet another heir from another dynasty, a girl this time, causing me to lose the imperial crown. And of course she was 0 years old :mad:. I didn't get out of that regency council until 1525, 32 years after it had started :wacko:.

With my next king I managed to westernize. Then the Lithuania PU fell in my lap. I was at war with Ottomans at the time, which was extremely lucky since Lithuania had tons more troops than I did. I immediately called them to arms and started hiring more troops. I switched Glorious Arms to Grand Army and hired an Army Organizer, then took all the territory I could from the Ottomans. This increased my force limit just high enough that I could maintain an army that prevented Lithuania from insulting its way out of the PU. They've hired more troops since then, but I've managed to more or less keep up with them. I'm a bit over my limit right now, but I can still afford it. After getting the Lithuania business sorted I westernized my military.

While I was having my own problems with the regency, westernization and Lithuania, Austria had become emperor and had passed the remaining reforms up to Landfreide. They tried to pass Erbkaisertum three times, but (lucky for me) they failed every time. Right from the beginning I had planned to force Austria into a PU, but their succession had been undisputed since the early game. It wasn't until now that I had the opportunity. I claimed the throne and declared war. Fighting against the two biggest armies in the world, Austria didn't last long. The imperial crown went to the Palatinate, then a couple of years later returned to me.

An update on my Spanish Empire;

SPA2.jpg

I achieved my set goals of owning roughly Spains historic empire in the Americas until the mexico/us border. Not perfect, but I did devote a lot of time, ducats, wars and spies to burning Portugese colonies in NA.
Still a century or so left in the game. My Indian conquests have had to stop, the other Europeans have either taken or are currently in the process (at time of screenshot) of annexing the neighbouring states so I'm electing to settle for what I have and consolidate. My vassal Sicily became elector when Saxony was inherited by Meisen, I became emperor without trying thanks to Austria annexing/"formal requesting" various provinces.

Colonial Ventures gave me colonies I didn't want in the Americas outside of my goals; these were sold to their historic owners when possible.

The rest of the world;

SPA1.jpg

Pretty Americas are entirely my efforts (as mentioned), Austria went crazy, Scandinavia stole a few colonies off France. Ming exploded after her King died fighting my troops in India. Africa is a huge mess, I'm tempted to sell South Africa to Austria just to avoid the stigma of being associated with that messy continent.