• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thx, but the BB events seem to be pretty ...annoying in DW and without a real enemy (France looks somewhat strong, but their armies are wherever and they are 10 techs behind - they actually got completely conquered by Austria once ^^; ) I probably won't have enough motivation to go on a late WC (...I wouldn't be able to complete anyway :D )

That'd be srsly messed up :D
No, Naples. They somehow recently managed to lose their Italien possessions to Catalunya, but they've been quite active throughout the game.

My colonial empire of Utrecht. My goal is to colonise all of South America which im nearly done with. I'm not forming the Netherlands because i like the colours and flag of Utrecht better. :)

Europe
EU3_18.jpg

South America
EU3_19.jpg

The World
EU3_MAP_UTR_1618910_1.jpg

This was played with MiscMods .74

Where are all the other colonizers?

Castille is colonising the Carribean. The British isles were divided between Scotland and England and none of them rose to power. France got beaten badly by rebels which made brittany become the owner of Ile-de-France so thats why I think they hadnt started colonising and I think its weird too.

I finished an enjoyable game as Manchu with the 30 Mar beta and a bunch of bonuses for the AI. With Ming as an ally for the first two hundred years, I kept Manchu out of harm’s way and spent the time building up trade and colonizing. Although Manchu starts with a large landmass, it's really not that many provinces and most have a low tax base with grain/fish.

Since the European countries tend to beeline towards Central America, I steered Manchu's initial new world colonization towards Central America so I could westernize without having to resort to selling a province. It worked perfectly. Portugal was the first to Central America. But over the course of the game, Portugal was systematically chipped to pieces and gobbled.

The accelerated tech made the game very enjoyable. It kept all the major powers within 10 tech of one another up through the early 1700's. The late-game European units are far better than anything anyone else can field. I also removed the slow tech malus.

Here's the tech I used:
Code:
groups = {
	nomad_group = {
		modifier = 0.1
		start_level = 3
		cav_to_inf_ratio = 1.0
	}
	western = {
		modifier = 1.1
		start_level = 3
		cav_to_inf_ratio = 0.5
	}
	eastern = {
		modifier = 0.9
		start_level = 3
		cav_to_inf_ratio = 0.6
	}
	ottoman = {
		modifier = 0.9
		start_level = 5
		cav_to_inf_ratio = 0.5
	}
	muslim = {
		modifier = 0.9
		start_level = 5
		cav_to_inf_ratio = 0.8
	}
	indian = {
		modifier = 0.8
		start_level = 3
		cav_to_inf_ratio = 0.5
	}
	chinese = {
		modifier = 0.8
		start_level = 3
		cav_to_inf_ratio = 0.5
	}
	sub_saharan = {
		modifier = 0.5
		start_level = 1
		cav_to_inf_ratio = 0.5
	}
	new_world = {
		modifier = 0.4
		start_level = 0
		cav_to_inf_ratio = 0.5
	}
}

France moved its capital to Muskogee as a result of several large wars versus Burgundy and Castille. France received the short end of the stick, and at one point, was booted off continental Europe. I kept Manchu's relationship with Burgundy and France on a high note for most of the game. I never got into a war with England, France or Burgundy. Prussia and I went to war a few times, but nothing significant occurred.

Japan refused to capitulate (due to an annexation bug). When it was whittled away to 3 provinces, I resulted to a console annex.

The Ottomans did a remarkable job of beating off the Timurids then slowly expanding everywhere. For a while, I though Austria was going to fall when Milan's monarch was elected as the Emperor. However, Austria hung on for a long time and was re-elected and reclaimed some lands from the Ottomans.

In the early portion of the campaign, Morocco controlled all of North Africa up to the Mamaluks. That was pretty impressive.

Scotland lasted just long enough to get a colony on North America. England was relentless in its pursuit of Scotland and kept going to war with the few remaining Scottish provinces in North America.

Here are the AI settings:

Code:
 hard_ai = {
	inflation_reduction = 1.0
	land_morale = 0.1
	naval_morale = 0.1
	global_tax_modifier = 0.25
	max_war_exhaustion = -3
	war_exhaustion = -0.5
	badboy = -0.5
	global_manpower_modifier = 0.25
	missionary_placement_chance = 0.1
	officials = 0.5
}

I had a ten year period of hell when I annexed lands from Vijayanagar up to my infamy limit, then my King died. This left me with a regency council that dropped the infamy limit and legitimacy. The non-stop rebels almost made me RQ. But I kept at it, and the situation was brought under control. Fortunately, I had 12 man stacks positioned throughout the empire to combat rebels. If it weren’t for this, I would have been in serious trouble.

manchuendofgame.png

manchuendofgamestats.png

I also have Malacca and the coast of Mutapa (3 gold provinces and a CoT on my 5 province colony! ) (malacca annexed one year or two after this screen , but things haven't changed in India)

I can form hindustan , but i would need to kill my ally vijayanagar , and i'm afraid it would kill my tech rate too :D
they have most of Aceh and they annexed Brunei

Here is my current Ottoman despotic monarchy in DW 5.0.

EU3_2-3.jpg

This is one of the least successful reformations ever, maybe because of the Eastern Turkish threat:

EU3_1-1.jpg

Actually The Palatinate and Mainz are already Sunni in my game. I found out that when you annex a country (cheap with the Holy War CB), place missionaries on their territory and release them as vassals, they are of your religion! The missionaries stay and convert the provinces especially when your troops are present. Efficient really: you give the orders, the vassals follow them.

The biggest problem was HRE. Really, when I took a province from there, I got the "emperor demands this province" event. I refused, so -1 stab everytime. Seriously?! That is ridiculous, I am the Ottomans. So I had to kill this beast:

EU3_3-3.jpg

Whoopsie-doody:

EU3_4-2.jpg

First time ever I see this screen:

EU3_5-3.jpg

As you can see, the western world isn't doing great at all in the terms of prestige at least:

EU3_6-4.jpg

Oh, and I started the game somewehere in 1460s.

Don't know how to continue. I originally thought about steamrolling over Europe, converting and annexing as I went until breaking the infamy limit and imploding because of wars and rebels. It would be fun to see dozens of Sunni AIs doing their business, forming Sunni Germany, etc.

But now that EU3 -> Vic2 converter is starting to work, it would be fun to build an Ottoman empire that covers most of Europe only to see it breaking in Vicky2. Maybe I'll play two games from my current save game.

No i'm not
this game i'm not selling a province to foreigners! BTW , despite having patron of the arts , i didn't had the event , and i'm still at the middle of the innovative-narrowminded slider

Slightly tangential question, but I have a Cyprus game wherein I too have Patron of the Arts (waiting for a better Lusignan king to westernize). I keep getting events giving me a free University (three separate times! I'm not complaining :D ). Is this event related to the PotA NI?

My game as Bavaria. I've a lots of money, lots of vassals and lots of motivation :D
My first aim is to kill Bohemia (Tschechien on the screen) and forming Germany.
Later maybe a fight against France!? Who knows :)
Milan is Emperor btw
ed6x7.jpg

H6yyz.jpg

But now that EU3 -> Vic2 converter is starting to work, it would be fun to build an Ottoman empire that covers most of Europe only to see it breaking in Vicky2. Maybe I'll play two games from my current save game.

Link to the converter please?

My Aragon campaign year 1528, first game in DW : ) Huge improvements from httt!

Navarra, Ferarra, Papal State, Pisa, Sienna and Urbino are my vassals and i'm allied with France, but i must attack them sometime as i want a corridor of land from Iberia to my Italian lands :)

The ONLY colonial power is Portugal, no one else is colonizing. Also look at Moscowian ragusa ?

g51e_13a_uccjl.jpg

That's actually a relatively peaceful Eastern Europe. That's pretty rare. (Peaceful as in there's a large Muscovy and the Golden Horde didn't get devoured by one nation.)