• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well I had to give up on my Mamalukian game. When Europe gets caught up in your shit you die. The ottomans were extremely successful in this game conquering most of Greece and Hungary and controlling all of modern day Turkey. Their (and my) downfall was when Castille declared on them bringing France, Castille and Lithuania into a massive war against them. Castille landed all over my coasts and although I outnumbered them, w/o westernisation I was 5 techs behind and I got defeated. Ottomans only ceded one province to Lithuania, I had to give some of my most important provinces along the coast. Ottomans decided to invite me to war against Morocco this time, they had a huge army and navy. I declined and they broke the alliance with me - That's a shame because I had been allied with them since early 1400s and joined all their wars and never signed an individual peace. But no, I don't join ONE of their wars and they break the alliance (Sounds almost bug-ish to me).

I just gave up, 1511 was the year, I owned the entire East Coast of Africa after several wars with Mutapa and Swahili. Maybe I'll try a Western nation next.

I don't get it. Why did you expand in Africa? Why not Arabia, Iraq, Persia?

I don't get it. Why did you expand in Africa? Why not Arabia, Iraq, Persia?
I was in a sort of bloc with Arabia and whatnot. I was allied with the Ottomans, Persia, Jalayarids, etc. Basically we roflstomped a lot of countries, we completely destroyed Poland and Hungary as well as countless tiny states and two hordes (Golden Horde and Timurids) before being overrun by the triple alliance of Lithuania, Castille and France. My goal was to own most of Africa and be at least the 5th most powerful nation in the world (Which I almost achieved, I was 10th and had the entire East Coast).

I was in a sort of bloc with Arabia and whatnot. I was allied with the Ottomans, Persia, Jalayarids, etc. Basically we roflstomped a lot of countries, we completely destroyed Poland and Hungary before being overrun by the triple alliance of Lithuania, Castille and France.

Ah, you like to ally AI nations. Everything's understood now lol

AI nations are the stupidest allies to have. Much better to have them as vassals, that way they can't start stupid wars (like they did here :p ).
Apart from that, the Ottomans were extremely helpful to me. All of my troops were always in the South and whenever I would get rebels in the North that I would not be able to get to in time, the Ottomans would always destroy them for me. They were great in several previous wars too, they just caught up in a bit too much wars.

Let's call it France vs. Germany. Ir reads way better than Burgundy vs the Hansa + countless vassals:

EU3_75.jpg

So i played as aton in steppe wolf.In this mod BIZ has no name,tech and culture therefore making it completely obsolete.This is what i got:
You ask what army Aton's got?
I present you:
642762_700b.jpg
Oh god what have i done

Well i think maybe he is realy unlucky XD.
yes, he have been extremely unlucky with it, both myself and elcy have done short test games, in which the ai inheritated everything inside two months of hitting play (I did my test after the first or secound session i think it was, while elcy did a short test after the most recent session)

on a different note, which game do you play the swiss in Iwanow? and have you managed to stay alive?

I love how Bohemia just refuses to be inherited for 200 years. Also poor France.
its not that bad of a position for France, dentist still have the largest army, the axis of evil are not quite as evil anymore, and the first coalition that set out to deal with jpvg's mega army (from the session he was subbing)aint as unified anymore mainly due to Austrias defection into neutrality

Last edited:
Is that Silesia in Neumark!? How in blazes do they exist? They should never exist past 1410 . . . can we get a full-sized pic of your Europe, Swistaczek?

Fantastic work with your empire, by the way.

Nope, that's Meissen, they inherited a country that was there 200 years ago.
EU3_6-2.jpg
Palatine inherited Hungary and then expanded rapidly until war with Austria.
EU3_7-2.jpg
After my war with Russia Kazakh revolted which then colapsed into Muscowy.
EU3_8-2.jpg
Polish Africa :D Also guess where Castille's capital is.
EU3_9-2.jpg
EU3_10-2.jpg
French is colonial power, owning most of north and south america. Also Russia inherited portugal and now tries to control it's colonies.