• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
not bad, but somehow a maltese Empire of the Knights in the New World or an Indian colonial Empire of theirs has more flavor and "awesomesauce" to it in my own opinion :)

Yeah but that's like the hardest thing to do in the game other than world conquest as new world native :cool:

lol jaws is that a german imperical flag or a polish flag? :p just kidding

Yeah but that's like the hardest thing to do in the game other than world conquest as new world native :|
not at all, probably easier than you imagine, it is a latin tech nation afterall, and all its neighbours are in constant chaos, just hope you don't get overrun with byzantine patriots while only having Rhodos

suggestion: take pieces of coastal lands as mamluks and ottomans most likely fall apart, take Jerusalem and ALexandria atleast, also get Krete, Morea, Malta and Sicily, then some less dangerous place like Baleares or Granada, the Azores, and then you have a few good positioned isles to go explore the Carribeans or the coasts towards India, then you can use your tech advantage to gain a foothold (I use Port Royal/Jamaica or Ceylon as these) and from there its just taking bits by bits, and at same time you can start ceding lands in Europe to enemies if they invade you. When they rediscover you you should already have a little empire in either India or America

and the year of 3426:
Poland_3426.jpg

Release every nation in the world as your vassal!!

The Enlightened Empire of Brazil (Enlightened Despotism), ruled by the righteous Queen Maria I, 1821.

rcm0yv.png

This was played with Miscmods 0.72 and one of the DW beta patches. I played a hands-off game from 1399 until 1755, when Brazil revolted away from Aragon and Dauphine. After winning the revolutionary war against them, I began to carve out my empire against my South American rivals and in Asia and Africa. I could have done more if I had been willing to go over the infamy limit, but that wouldn't have fit well with the whole 'enlightened' bit.

Now, a few closer images.

oqd4ig.png

-I'm allied with the USA and have been helping them mop up the remaining Europeans in the area. They decided on their own to invade Texas though.
-One province is occupied by pagan zealots but refuses to defect to anyone, making it impossible to deal with.
-Sicily managed to last through all the revolutionary wars with one province on the American coast.

oaddop.png

-Brazil dominates South America. None of the other nations can stand up to her might and only infamy concerns have kept their independence.
-Poor little Genoa has been kicked out of Europe and now only exists in Colombian territory.
-Almost all of South America is Protestant, despite there being only three Protestant nations of note in Europe. Aragon and Dauphine were really prolific colonisers.

11hdlxk.png

-Bohemia dominates Europe, naturally. It is the richest nation in the world and has the strongest army (incidentally, USA is second richest and Brazil is third).
-A strong Ukraine isn't something you see every day.
-Scandinavia formed at one point, but now has lost most of its territory to Norway and had the rest descend into cluster-f involving Oldenburg, Bavaria and Orthodox Gotland.
-Castille still has territory in Europe, but like Genoa for most of the game its been effectively a New World nation.

20ppiqu.png

-This is only here to show the outstanding success of Sikhism in India. I don't know if there was unintentional bias towards them in the mod or it was just luck in this game.

probably don't see too many Malayan Empires :)

EU3_5-1.jpg

only core I'm missing now is Brunei. Started as Makassar if you missed the one from a few pages ago.

Just need to get up there to England's land and I can westernize. I could have earlier when sweden took one of my colonies temporarily, except my leader wasn't' good enough.

so is India compared to what it was 100 years ago in the game. It was almost completely dominated by Vija and Bihar, they even took all of the Malaya peninsula or whatever its called. My long wars of attrition slowly brought them to their knees. China on the other hand keeps flipping. Obviously starts out as Ming, then they crumbled into Wu and and few others. At one point Ming actually got inherited, I even took a screenshot because it was so rare. 1488 Ming doesn't exist.

EU3_1-4.jpg

That was over 125 years ago in my game. They finally revolted back and now its Wu doing the crumbling.