• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The best first post I have ever seen. I wanted to do this myself, but I was never able to control all the rebels. (And that was in Vanilla so there was also the horde system....)

Well, here's my Aragon to Spain game from 1399 on normal.

RPMMv.png

htiWz.png

I even made a video of the endgame. Boy oh boy, that was mildly successful.
[video=youtube;MXcJwrKZ4ow]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXcJwrKZ4ow[/video]

DW_MAP_GBR_1600.1.JPG

Here's my protestant GB WC attempt, DW 5.1, 1600.

I've PU'd & inherited most of Europe (yes, I did cheat a bit - reloaded a few times when a King died mid war war).

I went the usual Occupy Paris/Form GB route, but PU'd Castille very early (1406). I integrated Castille in 1486, despite the infamy, in order to be sole coloniser, vassalised & ultimately annexed Portugal for the same reason too.

Highlights were inheriting 18 European nations in 1581 & another 15 in 1595.

Currently I'm sitting pretty on 631 regions, 525 of which are Protestant & 52% of which are core. I've 428k troops (nearest rival has under 50k), & 2 Infamy, war exhaustion under 2. I've got 22 nations PU'd, of which Flanders is the largest, & 10 vassals. Research is almost up to date, in 7 or 8 years years time I'll be ahead of the curve, so will mint more to pay for manufactories. So far I've built only one or two, disappointingly.

Revolt risk is pretty high in the 57 regions I inherited in 1595, 7.5%, but down to 3.3% in the 93 inherited in 1581. I've had to camp about 5 armies in central Europe to keep the revolts there in check.

Income hit 39k this year, a new high, but I still have to mint (though not enough to cause inflation) towards the end of each year. I'm going to war every December for war taxes, & to pull in more regions & infamy when my infamy is about out, I'm keeping it under 4 maximum.

National ideas are QFTNW, Church Attendance, Land of Opportunity, Colonial Ventures, Divine Supremacy, & National Trade Policy.

I'm currently bashing Japan in the hope of disbanding the shogunate, I'll see if I'm avoiding the bug on that shortly.

There's 50 years left on Holy War, plan is to make inroads into every blob of other nations, get as many borders with their SOIs as possible, then probably spend a time as an Absolute Monarchy to make some low infamy gains, after using up colonial conquests anyway. I'm not sure I'll succeed in completing a WC, at least this attempt I've kept the vassals numbers down & PU numbers up.

Well, cultural domination is indeed noteworthy, but I highly doubt that by 650 the majority of the Lands had been christian for more than around 300-400 years, but I do have to admit that there are few sources to search that so you might indeed be right that it could be considered christian heartland by then. Also remember that by the time the crusades hit most of the lands had been in muslim hands for almost 500 years themselves and where mostly muslim by then. Also the crusades where primarily done by roman catholics and orthodox byzantines.

Look, I dont want to go against your strong oppinion, but history has shown time and time again that most conversions dont happen peacefully and are either used as a diplomatic tool by rulers or by force. In that time most peasants probably needed conversion since they where simply not literate enough to "decide for themselves". Afterall, how would the random farmer in central anatolia learn of christian beliefs if not from a missionary?

It's reasonably well established that Syria, Anatolia, and Egypt were all the Christian 'heartland' at the time of the Islamic conquest. In fact, The majority of Christians in 620 had descendants living under Islamic rule in 720. Even by the time of the Crusades, places such as Syria were majority Christian, though not by much.

How has history shown that conversions are not peaceful? Certainly in the case of the Islam, the initial conquests were violent and bloody, but the conversions were not. People were not so dumb as to be unable to 'decide for themselves' what their religion should be. They'd convert due to economic or social convenience.

Update on my Moscovy game: as you can see, just formed Russia, planning on uniting the newly cored provinces (Novgorod and recently released Samoyeds) and annexing my remaining vassals, Viatka, Pomorye and Pskov. After that i will probably proceed to dismantle Lithuania a bit more, grab core from Sweden and then focus on the east. Two Sicilies (PU > inheritance > released vassal) on the other hand i plan to keep as loyal vassal (too much hassle maintaining Italian provinces at this point).

And to give you the idea of the scale of this accomplishment (before Iwanow calls me a noob for taking this long to unite Russia):

As you can see quite a few more provinces in the region compared to vanilla.

Tell me if you want a close up on anything specific.

I won't because this is a mod, and mods, make playing much more difficult ussualy. But i still suppose you could form russia earlier. Actualy, you have to know, russia ingame, was formed in 1503. So if you fail the historical formation, then you are worse that than Ivan III Srogi, with much more information, and better education.

Last edited:
Middle Eastern Aachen update, 1611: I was definitely not expecting this:

kYxBt.jpg

kYxBt.jpg

I guess it means I'm not expanding quickly enough! :)

I blame spending 16 infamy on vassalizing four HRE electors in one war; made me cut back on the holy war front for the time being. I meant to get only one, via an Alliance CB for one of my allied vassals, but Austria (not the emperor) actually decided to defend that one, which then caused the three others to join in.

Unfortunately, soon after vassalizing them, I then lost two of them to full annexations from wars that they had been involved in before I started mine; I apparently misremembered the rule about what could be done to a vassal in a peace settlement, and didn't realize they could be annexed.

I won't because this is a mod, and mods, make playing much more difficult ussualy. But i still suppose you could form russia earlier. Actualy, you have to know, russia ingame, was formed in 1503. So if you fail the historical formation, then you are worse that than Ivan III Srogi, with much more information, and better education.

I'm glad you're always so positive and encouraging to other players.

Ah, well, that was short-lived. Thirty-one days later, I got overextension again. :(

Well, the bigger you are the harder it is for over-extension to hit you (more cored provinces).

Well, there is no wrong in being bias, as long as you are on the right side. And this is not the court, nor i am a judge.
This is just seriously messed up. Everything that ever happened pointed to the fact that there is no clear "right" thing. History showed us time and time again that things that might seem like a great thing at the time can have seriously messed up consequences. For example I am sure you would have thought that the OE loosing their grip over the balkans, thus giving sovereignity to Christians was a good thing. But this lead to WW1, which you probably see as a bad thing.

This is just seriously messed up. Everything that ever happened pointed to the fact that there is no clear "right" thing. History showed us time and time again that things that might seem like a great thing at the time can have seriously messed up consequences. For example I am sure you would have thought that the OE loosing their grip over the balkans, thus giving sovereignity to Christians was a good thing. But this lead to WW1, which you probably see as a bad thing.

Well what does it have with being wrong or right at first place?

Also World war I was wanted by everyone. SIMPLY EVERYONE wanted this war - Poles, Russians, Germans, French, Italians, Spanish, hungarians... So this war just had to come. I doubt ottomans empire existing or not would change it. More likely it would just make it worse war, aspecialy as germany could ally with ottomans, which would be devasting for europe(aspecialy due the fact turks did participated in both world wars, and in both they swithed sides, when they felt it was going to bring them profit).

But none war is good thing, as war mean killing people, and killing people is bad. But it does not mean you shouldn't defend yourself.

Ah, well, that was short-lived. Thirty-one days later, I got overextension again. :(

Strange - I've been going back and forth between overextension and not, monthly, a few times now, without my number of provinces or my number of cores changing. As I understand it, my overextension-or-not status shouldn't change if neither of those things change.

I'm at almost exactly 50% cores (I haven't counted, but that's what the ledger graph looks like), and "less than 50%" is the cutoff for a leader with the admin skill of mine (7), at least according to the "triggered modifiers" window. Maybe I'm stuck in a weird rounding error, where the computer sometimes decides that (say) 49/98 is 50% but sometimes it's 49.99999%. Maybe on different processors of my computer or something? Seems like it should calculate the same result consistently, and regardless of the processor, but I don't see why else I'd be flipping back and forth without my number of provinces or number of cores changing.

My Holland to Netherlands game in 1736.

Things worth a mention:
- Great Britain has been kicked out of the British Isles by Ireland, Northumberland, Scotland and myself (they've moved their capital to North America).
- Scotland has since been annexed by Norway.
- Norway has been in a seemingly eternal war with Sweden (at least 150 years).
- Denmark has been forced off Jutland by Saxe-Lauenberg.
- My main rivals in colonizing have been Aquilea, Brittany, Genoa, and Navarra (Portugal have been too focused on Spain).