• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I see glorious Russia, better prepare, soon they will conquer whole Europe.
I like those borders in France, good job.

Well, Russia's glory faded somewhat during the last 25 years... not my fault though, I swear ;)
Kind of sad since Russia doesn't form too often in my games.

Russia 1603 A.D.:
2012-06-27_00007.jpg

Edit: capital is Nuevo Barcelona (formerly known as Mexico)

My current game with Aragon (5.1, just normal difficulty, no mods)

The Colonies:
2012-06-27_00004.jpg

The Mainland:
2012-06-27_00006.jpg

The Vassals:
2012-06-27_00005.jpg

I just recently colonized the final province in South America, which could have happened a lot earlier if I hadn't dropped QftNW too soon. The next step will be to annex Savoy for Dauphine and Milan for Parma and then... I don't really know. Maybe I'll carve additional vassals out of the HRE and trim Bohemia some more... or maybe I'll just start a new game.

Did Byzantium manage to survive or did they reform via revolt?

Did Byzantium manage to survive or did they reform via revolt?

They survived and did rather well for themselves for a while, partly because I conquered Castille, fought a couple of big wars with Austria and vassalized Venice I guess. Byzantiums problems only really started when England apparently decided that Anatolia is an integral part of the Commonwealth.

Byzantium 1572 A.D.:
2012-06-27_00008.jpg

Hello! First poster here; lurked without a name for quite some time. After playing for some time, I downloaded Steppe Wolf and got an idea to start playing as a country from the very beginning of its existence. The country I picked was the Ottoman "Empire", all the way back in 1301. I have, however, grown somewhat bored of it and plan on starting a 1570 Anhalt game, so, here you are, the Ottoman Empire one century later:

MWduG.png

Welcome to the forums! I always liked the Steppe Wolf mods. AirotciV was a lot of fun, though a bit buggy. Also, I love reading about Ottomans struggling against Byzantines, instead of the other way around, haha.

Hello! First poster here; lurked without a name for quite some time. After playing for some time, I downloaded Steppe Wolf and got an idea to start playing as a country from the very beginning of its existence. The country I picked was the Ottoman "Empire", all the way back in 1301. I have, however, grown somewhat bored of it and plan on starting a 1570 Anhalt game, so, here you are, the Ottoman Empire one century later:

Q_Q hi fellow Steppe Wolf player

Very nice Ottomans...

You're playing as Anhalt in Steppe Wolf? What a tiny country Q_Q have fun with that... that should be a challenge.

Landlocked German OPM

New on these place of the forums.After vicII and the cancellation of magna mundi I decided to pick up EU3 Chronicles,its nice but waaaay different than VICII AHD.Just started a 1453 campgain as Morea with the goal to recreate the empire or at least create the 'Megali Idea'

Next post will be my glorious empire risen from the asses

New on these place of the forums.After vicII and the cancellation of magna mundi I decided to pick up EU3 Chronicles,its nice but waaaay different than VICII AHD.Just started a 1453 campgain as Morea with the goal to recreate the empire or at least create the 'Megali Idea'

Next post will be my glorious empire risen from the asses
I bolded what I presume to be a typo; however, I will not make any assumptions. The Greeks sometimes need to pick their head out of their butts.

I don't like playing Steppe Wolfe, it has ridiculous bias to Bulgaria, loads of ridiculously good leaders and unrealistic bonuses, etc. If they got rid of that it would be a really nice mod.

Byzantium has a high likelihood of being chosen as a lucky nation when it is "random."

The results of my Naples/Italy game on hard difficulty, no mods:

r3KIS.jpg

jZzwa.jpg

From the start I wanted to unite Italy because I had never seen the AI do it, probably because the computer isn't great at dealing with the complexities of the HRE mechanics. Urbino came close in one of my games, but they got crushed by Austria after making the terrible decision to annex Pisa.

Unfortunately, forming Italy and fighting Bohemia took most of my time, so I didn't get around to cleaning up the American colonies or conquering the rest of Byzantium. It was necessary to declare war on Bohemia and prevent them from enacting the last few imperial reforms, but the successive wars dragged on for decades and resulted in dangerously high war exhaustion on both sides, until the combined effects of the wars caused all of the electors to switch the votes to someone else. I don't know how Bohemia survived after that.

I don't like playing Steppe Wolfe, it has ridiculous bias to Bulgaria, loads of ridiculously good leaders and unrealistic bonuses, etc. If they got rid of that it would be a really nice mod.

LOL

The first and third ones ill give you

but the ridiculous leaders I dont see.

Never had a 9,9,9 in my life on Steppe Wolf Q_Q

The bounses are crazy... Egyptian State Bonus... 40%+ Missionary Chance.

WOW at that austria,i love it
Is byzantium and naples at pu?
And what is wrong with iberia?IS granada muslim?
Lol at astrakhan
I'm happy that the White hand of Saruhan still exists :p

Byzantium and Naples are age-old allies of mine. I believe I released Naples from non-imperial hands when I was emperor (Got tired of hre bull so I left it.) I thought I would help Byzantium get back it's Asia stuff when it got Greece back, but I turned away from that when Byzantium went full retard into Russia.

As for Iberia, Castille collapsed, like it always does, into the hands of the Portugal-Aragon alliance. Aragon got excommunicated, Portugal pounced on the opportunity and got some provinces, along with Venice (I sold them back to Aragon after I annexed Venice.) And no, Granada is Catholic.

Extra notes: I got Bavaria and Bohemia from Personal Unions, both were forced. I got Hungary from conquest, then vassalization. Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, and Ragusa were all vassalized and annexed peacefully. I don't know how they were all catholic by the time I got to them. Thuringia, Baden, and Meissen are allies.