• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My Prussia game was much the same way. As Brandenburg, the only way I could fight anyone else was with vassals, and then I became the HRE. Then two imperial reforms made me hereditary ruler and ALL imperial states my vassals. I must admit though, it made forming and conquering Germany more difficult.

Also, look at all those colorful blotches in the Americas. Is that the Inca in southern Brazil?

As Brandenburg, I had to use sneaky, underhanded tactics to prevail at first.

Poland fighting the Teutonic Order? Attack the order!
Poland in a war against someone other than the Teutonic Order? Attack Poland!
Pomerrania distracted by a war? Sneak attack, then vassalize.

And so on.

As a larger Brandeburg & Prussia--especially after the military reforms--I could afford to be a bit more straightforward. Though, being surrounded by a blobbing Bohemia, a Blobbing Poland, and a Blobbing Sweden (!?) made things a bit touch-and-go at times.

Looks like Milan to me.

Yeah, it's Milan. They've got colonies everywhere, ensuring that I'll never wipe them out or vassalize them, because I've been focusing all of my effort on land warfare and just let the dozen or so vassals of mine that have navies handle the seas.

Country - Ethiopia
Religion - Orthodox
Dynasty - Degife Family ( Ethiopia/Bosnia/Naples/Netherlands/Georgia)
Accepted Cultures - Malay/Egyptian/Marathi
Tech - Fully Westernized (one of the leaders in land tech)
Empire - East Africa/Egypt/Israel-Palestine/Central India/Indonesia/Australia/New Zealand
Vassals - Khmer
EU3_MAP_ETH_17501020_1.jpg

Cool things you may not notice otherwise...
  • Denmark use to be Hindu and they converted Denmark to it
  • Riga is a powerhouse owning allot of the baltic and many Indonesian colonies
  • Ireland formed by itself and hasnt had war with GBR in 200 years
  • Most of India is now Sunni
  • Korea is all Sunni

Here's my Ottomans in 1593.
This is only my second game of Divine Wind and I've never gotten to this point before. I'm aiming for WC without going above the BB limit, but I only have 57 more years of Holy Wars left, so I'm not sure how to do it. Any advice?

Some other points:
I'm making enough money that I can't westernize because I'm fairly close to the "ahead of its time" limit, so I'm still in the Ottoman tech group. Should I purposely drop below so I can switch?
In a few years the steppe hordes will be gone, split between myself and Ming.
I have QftNW and a few colonies in the new world.
How does the Imperialism CB work? As I said, I've never gotten past 1600 in a game before.
(First post!)

Welcome to the forums, nice empire.
So to answer a good substitute for the holy war CB is the Imperialism CB as you gain it against any nation and give only 2 bb point per province, but you have to be an Absolute monarchy or Republican Dictatorship, or Enlightenment despotism to have that ( It's also available for both revolutionary republic and empire but it's very difficult to a player gain this type of government ). So when you can go to Absolute Monarchy to have it.
you also should use the colonial CB to conquer in Americas as it's also have an good reduction on bb points per provinces, but only to colonies.

Later on it's good to have the Enlightenment Despotism as one of it's bonus it's a sweet -0,25 infamy per year.
and to finish your conquer you can choose the Revolution and Counterrevolution NI that gives you CB against any country with a different type of Government (Republics if you are monarchy for example).

Concerning the westernization in my late game with the Byzantines i did it in 1640-1650 so you are not so late, if you really want to do , focus your investment in only one tech ( gov is a good one) , continues to mint ,beware the inflation, be DoF and soon you'll can , if you already have the sliders in the right position.

Hopes that's help you.

Last edited:
hey there! finished my 3rd game of dw. after i had formed the hre with hungary in my first game and colonzied spain as morocco in my second one, i thougth it was time to play as my homecountry austria. this beautiful borders thing doesn't seem to be mine, but i improved, i have to say. my mission was to simply conquer everything south-eastwards of austria an cause chaos among those nations in europe that i could, or did not want to conquer (france, britain, spain). i am quite happy with the outcome and hope that you guys enjoy the screens.

ghuJu.jpg

ytfVR.jpg

ZDHWt.jpg

That's how things looked like when I was starting:

2mgl2lx.jpg

29njsww.jpg

And that's how it looks like now:

zlrl9k.jpg

bec39l.jpg

Plus captured whole Golden Horde and northern Qara Koyunlu (with Astrakhan) waiting to be colonized :)

Here be my current Savoyan game:

Due to some lucky missions is managed to grew (legally) from 5 starting provinces to 7 or 8, right now owning Liguria as well (due to defection). Bad thing is im embroiled in an neverending conflict with Austria who is also the Emperor, they just kicked my ass, so i had to pay tribute, despite joining the war on the defender's side (Austria attacked Bavaria my ally) and bringing the Northern Italian alliance with me (Milan is a faithful ally). Leading personal unions with Barcelona (orange part of Aragon) and Cilli (red thing bellow Austria).

Tell me if you want a close up on anything.

What is that in south greece? :O

I only have 57 more years of Holy Wars left, so I'm not sure how to do it. Any advice?
In a few years the steppe hordes will be gone, split between myself and Ming.
A key trick with the Hordes is to force those who conquered them to release them, then eat them up for free. It can save a lot of unnecessary of infamy.

My Ming game with low agression and 200 y spread came finally to an end. A 3/3/3 female monarch made my life hell for a long time. Aside from that I fought a total of four wars because no one ever liked to provoke the Chinese monster.

I westernized about 1700 when Trollhemia reached my borders in Siberia. The Ming dynasty died shortly after this despite being present in Manchu, Viyanigar and other states and got replaced by the ruling family of Rajputna. At game end the only other dynasty present was that in Japan. Everyone else in Hindu/Buddhist/Confuzian land was ruled by one of those two families.

Final state:
EU3_23.jpg

colonial empire:
EU3_24.jpg

diplomacy:
EU3_25.jpg

sphere:
EU3_26.jpg

income:
EU3_27.jpg

World map:

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w456/Afaslizo/EU3_MAP_MNG_182112_1.jpg All other pics are likewise invalide urls so take the link. Other pictures with crazy things like the Revolutionary Republics of Chile and Mexico are found in the album.

Did you help that byzantium? :O