• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
May I ask how did you get casus bellis? I'm having some trouble with that as Japan.

As Japan it's even easier -- Deus Vult! Only Japan has Shinto as religion :)

As Japan it's even easier -- Deus Vult! Only Japan has Shinto as religion :)

That only gives a Casus Belli against heretics. Not Heathens. Believe me, I've tried. Which means I can only get CB against Korea and China while still no CB against the Muslims in Indonesia where I'm trying to expand to.

That only gives a Casus Belli against heretics. Not Heathens. Believe me, I've tried. Which means I can only get CB against Korea and China while still no CB against the Muslims in Indonesia where I'm trying to expand to.

Ah, well, I had plenty of fun expanding into Korea/China in my last China game, so I didn't really mind I couldn't get easy CBs in India. I got lots via various means, pain I had to pay full Infamy though.

Divine Supremacy does give you Holy War on everyone (regardless of borders), but only if you're Christian or Muslim. Unam Sactum does the same as well as giving Cleansing of Heresy.

Isn't the Holy War CB a game mechanic that is already in effect from 1399-1650 and not linked to any NI.

Isn't the Holy War CB a game mechanic that is already in effect from 1399-1650 and not linked to any NI.
No. Holy Wars can only happen between 1399-1650 but you still need a casius belli of some sort to kill them, be it crusades, NI or Defender of the Faith.

For those who don't feel like looking at the code (in the spoiler tag), only Christian and Muslim groups get the Holy War CB, and receive it on all heathens if either: their government is Empire, they are Defender of the Faith, they have Unam Sanctam or Divine Supremacy, and the year is before 1650. All Christian and Muslim nations receive the CB against heathen neighbors.

Unam Sanctam grants Purging of Heresy, which is obvious. (c: PoH applies to all heretics, not just neighbors.

Code:
# Holy War
	prerequisites = {

OR = {
			religion_group = christian
			religion_group = muslim
		}
		NOT = { religion_group = THIS }
		OR = {
			government = imperial_government
			defender_of_faith = yes
			neighbour = THIS
			AND = {
				THIS = { is_crusade_target = yes }
				religion = catholic
			}
			idea = deus_vult # Actually "Unam Sanctam"
			idea = divine_supremacy
		}
		NOT = { year = 1650 }
	}
With that said, it's likely the dude used Holy War like mad until 1650, by which point he might well have been able to move to Absolute Monarchy and get the Imperialism CB and use it for the next 100 years until being able to take Revolution and Counter-revolution and use the Revolutionary CB for the rest of the game.

Oh, just noticed that all countries in the Indonesia region became Hindu at some point. Unam Sanctum should work now!
I'm also relatively near the tech level needed for Absolute monarchy which gives Imperialism.

EU3_57.jpg

Anyone want a challenge? This game is on random lucky nations, and I'm thinking the WAAAAGH (golden horde) got lucky. I was rolling along quite nicely as the Teutonic Order, using the horde's wars on lithuania/poland to eat up territory and slowly grow stronger, only to find that that was a deal with the devil. The waagh overcame lithuania completely, and said hello to me with their 200,000 strong army.

Yeah. Never trust the horde.
how is the golden horde not overrun by rebels?