• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Say hello to the Kingdom of Lorraine! Imperial Administration is available, but the king refuses to adopt the title of Emperor.
(regarding the first pic: apparently they don't kid when they say converting to .bmp might cause loss of color info)

M1gOS.png

cyl9n.png

hk0J6.png

Lorraine has France, Oldenburg, and Thuringia in Personal Unions. France has been in a personal union for about 60-70 years. Three-province Brandenburg was inherited at one point, but Brandenburgian Nationalists have seized eastern Brandenburg from their Austrian owners, the only part of Brandenburg proper not inherited by Lorraine.

Lorraine has the world's largest army, numbered at 110,000 soldiers with a healthy tactical mix of infantry and cavalry. On top of Lorraine's large army, Lorraine's vassals - which number somewhere between ten and twenty vassals - each have around 5,000 troops or so, besides the Hansa and Bavaria whose economies can support over 10,000 troops.

Lorraine has claimed victory over several strong nations, such as Austria (who has been defeated about 5 times), Milan, Castille and others.

In the victory over Castille, Lorrainian troops didn't do anything. Rather, French and vassal troops conquered Castille in the name of Lorraine, allowing Lorraine to extract large amounts of cash from the Castillian treasury and force the release of Granada (who might be Catholic now - I am unsure), Galicia, and Navarra, who used the opportunity of a weak Castille to recover lands soon afterwards.

Lorraine's heavy taxation and trading prowess, along with the seizure of Austrian gold mines and Italian salt mines, gives her the most income in the world. Over the next century, a plan will be carried out to diplomatically annex individual German states. It's possible Lorraine will forsake her Burgandian-French heritage to claim itself ruler of all Germanic peoples and carry out conquests to protect the German people in central Europe.

In other news, Danzig became quite large and annexed Poland at one point. Lorraine rectified that.

Last edited:
The fact that you're still alive xD
It might not last much longer, since I'm now 4 tech levels behind Latin tech and 3 behind the Ottomans and Eastern Europe. I rely on Azab Infantry from my Ottoman territories and Eastern Steppe Cavalry from my horde territories to survive, since Eastern Medieval Inf. and Eastern Knights kinda suck. The fact that you can only hire one Master of Mint at a time in DW makes this a pain...no more -.51 inflation from three MoMs, max Centralization, and National Bank. I wish your leader's ADM skill would provide a certain inflation reduction, maybe -.1 or -.05 per level.

I'm going to see how far I can get. Maybe I can burn up this inflation, catch up at least to Eastern European tech. If nothing else, I'll always be able to expand east.

Lorraine's heavy taxation and trading prowess, along with the seizure of Austrian gold mines and Italian salt mines, gives her the most income in the world. Over the next century, a plan will be carried out to diplomatically annex individual German states. It's possible Lorraine will forsake her Burgandian-French heritage to claim itself ruler of all Germanic peoples and carry out conquests to protect the German people in central Europe.
Is it possible for you to become France (when you inherit) and then Germany? Or you just plan on becoming HRE?

Rauchen said:
I wish your leader's ADM skill would provide a certain inflation reduction, maybe -.1 or -.05 per level.

-.1 per level? :O a 9 admin ruler would be nine times more effective than national bank

Is it possible for you to become France (when you inherit) and then Germany? Or you just plan on becoming HRE?

I could do that if I wanted, but then I'd have to reclaim all of current France's vassals and diploannex them too and wait for the cores to form France. Then I'd have to release those vassals after forming France and give them Cosmopolitaine land so that a Germanic culture is my primary culture, diploannex all of my current Germanic vassals (which will take another century because I'd have to do the French vassals first) get cores on them, move my capital to somewhere in Germany and form Germany. It's a lot of work to form two large nations like France and Germany in the same game. I don't plan on forming the HRE ever. There's an AAR in the EU3 LibrAARy under "multiple countries" where one gentleman tries to form all possible nations. Quite an interesting read, I suggest you check it out. (edit: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?472621-Unhinged-Loons-A-Tag-hopping-ARR)

EDIT: nevermind, I just realized that France already annexed most of their vassals, so I'd inherit and get cores on the vassal's territory anyway. However, with all those cores, I couldn't sell land needed to have German as the primary culture of the nation.

Last edited:
Back with a Brandeburg -> Prussia -> (eventually) Germany game in D&T.

GloriousPrussia.png

Those scattered little Prussian... enclaves... are largely from PU inheritances from Milan, Bavaria, Oldenburg, Luxembourg (oh, the irony), and Hesse. I will, of course, continue to absorb other HRE members so that my borders aren't so... goofy.

In any case, I have most of the electors vassalized, and the position of Holy Roman Emperor is all but assured, which, unlike my first Brandenburg -> Prussia game, is a good thing because one of the ways of forming Germany in D&T involves being the Emperor. Most (~3/4th) of the empire has converted (forcefully or otherwise. Mostly the former) to Protestantism.

Biggest rivals have been the usual: Bohemia (now mostly neutered), Austria (pretty much neutered after a brief period of expansion-through-inheritances. They would've expanded into France, had the Emperor [read: me] not decided to attack them, ostensibly to 'free' Tirol and Switzerland.), Poland (that territory hungary has out east? used to be poland's), and Lithuania (...they guaranteed everybody back in the day.) The only unusual rival has been Hungary, and only because of guarantees & defender of the faith hijinks.

Oh, and there was France, who tried to invade the HRE a while back. It... did not go very well for them. Just prussia alone would've been a match for them, and I'd already vassalized ~1/2 the empire by then, so... yeah, sucked to be them. Didn't even catch a break after the war, given that Austria immediately went after them with their full military power (~100k troops at the time, I think) while they had something like... 15k total. Would have been bad for both me and France had Austria expanded any more, so... yeah, I intervened

World Map...

PrussiaWorldMap.png

...those freaking Chobanids. And Novgorod.

And China... well, china's a complete mess.

Oh, and the Aztecs are still around, somehow. They're Catholic and using a government other than Tributary Empire.

Me + my vassals...

PrussiaVassals.png

Trier! What in blazes are you doing!? You're not supposed to be that ambitious! Get back into your two-province state where you belong!

Trier! What in blazes are you doing!? You're not supposed to be that ambitious! Get back into your two-province state where you belong!

At least they haven't eaten Iceland yet. They always manage to do that in my games...

Though seriously, good job reminding us that Silesia is a playable country Swistaczek!

It might not last much longer, since I'm now 4 tech levels behind Latin tech and 3 behind the Ottomans and Eastern Europe. I rely on Azab Infantry from my Ottoman territories and Eastern Steppe Cavalry from my horde territories to survive, since Eastern Medieval Inf. and Eastern Knights kinda suck. The fact that you can only hire one Master of Mint at a time in DW makes this a pain...no more -.51 inflation from three MoMs, max Centralization, and National Bank. I wish your leader's ADM skill would provide a certain inflation reduction, maybe -.1 or -.05 per level.

I'm going to see how far I can get. Maybe I can burn up this inflation, catch up at least to Eastern European tech. If nothing else, I'll always be able to expand east.

Hey! I've conquered Justinian I's Byzantine Empire on the backs of those guys! They're awesome!

Did you use a map mod?