• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Strange - I've been going back and forth between overextension and not, monthly, a few times now, without my number of provinces or my number of cores changing. As I understand it, my overextension-or-not status shouldn't change if neither of those things change.

I'm at almost exactly 50% cores (I haven't counted, but that's what the ledger graph looks like), and "less than 50%" is the cutoff for a leader with the admin skill of mine (7), at least according to the "triggered modifiers" window. Maybe I'm stuck in a weird rounding error, where the computer sometimes decides that (say) 49/98 is 50% but sometimes it's 49.99999%. Maybe on different processors of my computer or something? Seems like it should calculate the same result consistently, and regardless of the processor, but I don't see why else I'd be flipping back and forth without my number of provinces or number of cores changing.

Well on some computers, sometimes 2 + 2 = 4.02. So you might be right.

Nicely done. If you want those TSCs to stop, you should probably not be using you ruler as a general. Fighting in wars has a tendency to reduce life expectancy. ;)

Besides that, rulers converted to generals use the same chance of dying of the normal generals, which as you all know die like they're all 99 years old dudes at the last stages of 3 different cancers.

Nicely done. If you want those TSCs to stop, you should probably not be using you ruler as a general. Fighting in wars has a tendency to reduce life expectancy. ;)
Oh OK, Thank a lot!

Strange - I've been going back and forth between overextension and not, monthly, a few times now, without my number of provinces or my number of cores changing. As I understand it, my overextension-or-not status shouldn't change if neither of those things change.

Sounds pretty strange. Perhaps something to do with how colonies count into it. Could it happen if part of your country switches between distant overseas and connected to capital status?

The Middle Ages end in the reunion of Christendom. Can you not tell what country it is? :)

I'm going to finish up and clean up the borders in the next couple of decades..

Last edited:
EU3_1.bmp

The provinces in Africa and Italy belong to Aquelia.

Either it's later than 1479, or your infamy is about 300 and you've been in a constant state of war.
Unlikely is a good word. I consider my Bourbonnean Empire a work of art rather than a regular campaign. I'll do anything and everything as long as it doesn't breach the integrity of the game as far as Achievements are considered (no console, savegame editing or modification of the game), and accordingly the goals are set high.

Bavaria with DAO Lite v1.2
I am HRE and my vassals are: Augsburg, Baden, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Cologne, Mainz, Saxony, Trier and Ulm. Also I have two non-core imperial province.

8546563e8a479840af85b3b379860.jpg

Unlikely is a good word. I consider my Bourbonnean Empire a work of art rather than a regular campaign. I'll do anything and everything as long as it doesn't breach the integrity of the game as far as Achievements are considered (no console, savegame editing or modification of the game), and accordingly the goals are set high.

So how did you do it?

I haven't changed religion, though it probably would work.. It's just been quite a lot of time & work. :)

I've been to war with every country in Europe, most multiple times, but always with a decent CB. Lots of creative use of spies; I've made tons of provinces defect and collapsed many states, fabricated claims as much as possible, and I've even managed to get into vassals' revolutionary wars for 0-infamy gains. Claimed and inherited some thrones through Royal Marriage. I inherited France and England at the same time around 1440. Excommunicated & force vassalized some that were harder to reach. Diplo-annexed multiple vassals on each round of 10 years. I joined the HRE for a while, but left before I became the Emperor; have made nice gains through Imperial Liberation - the CB allows you to conquer all HRE possessions of a member for 1 infamy per province, if they make the mistake of holding on to non-cores (other times they just hand them over for 0 infamy). I've controlled infamy simply by releasing vassals - no provinces that were cores yet, though in 5.1 it would make reacquiring them much simpler by canceling and reconquering for 0 infamy...

I'm at almost exactly 50% cores (I haven't counted, but that's what the ledger graph looks like), and "less than 50%" is the cutoff for a leader with the admin skill of mine (7), at least according to the "triggered modifiers" window. Maybe I'm stuck in a weird rounding error, where the computer sometimes decides that (say) 49/98 is 50% but sometimes it's 49.99999%. Maybe on different processors of my computer or something? Seems like it should calculate the same result consistently, and regardless of the processor, but I don't see why else I'd be flipping back and forth without my number of provinces or number of cores changing.

Lord Specter said:
Sounds pretty strange. Perhaps something to do with how colonies count into it. Could it happen if part of your country switches between distant overseas and connected to capital status?

I had that overextension-flipping "feature" in my latest game too. No provinces or cores gained/lost, no change of ruler, no moving of the centralisation slider. I didn't have any overseas provinces either, so at least in my case that can be ruled out.