• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
euiiibrazilrandom_by_dukeofbritain-d4qlt9m.gif

Just in case you don't notice, Tolouse is the country south of me (Brazil) at start.

Really fun game with a randomized map :)

Whoa nice map, that's pretty cool!

Why haven't you conquered Cyprus, Crete, Naxos and Albania? >.<

To conquer Crete, Naxos, and Albania I would have to fight Venice and her ally Hungary and as I was focused on defeating the Mamluks most of my forces were in Egypt so I didn't have a significant concentration of forces to deal with 29k Hungarian troops and 9k Venetian troops(I had 15k troops in the Balkans). But as my next pic will show conquering is not the same as acquiring;)... Cyprus is guaranteed by France.

byzantineempireaarpic29.jpg

By late 1437 the Venetian Republic, while outwardly strong, was very vulnerable. Ever since the explosive growth of a newly resurgent Roman Empire that started earlier in the century the Venetians watched in growing concern. They worried that the Romans will seek vengeance treachery of 1204 and the revolutions of the last decade in Greece were still fresh in their minds. While the revolts in Albania and Corfu were defeated it had been a near thing, Corfu was even Occupied! So in November of 1437 the Venetian government, in secret, worked on a plan to sate the Romans thirst for revenge and settle the rebelliousness of their balkan provinces. Their first thought would be to give independence to the territories in question. The idea was scrapped almost immediately as it would weaken Venice's ability to wage war. Other representatives thought the whole exercise to the moot: "Hungary would defend them!". Until the other reminded them that not even the Ottomans and Mamluks could stop them and they were technologically advanced! So they thought some more. They then thought that releasing nations out of all of the mainland balkan territories would do the job! But then that wouldn't sate the Romans and would make any coordinated war effort neigh impossible! By the end of the month they came up with the best solution. They would cede Albania, Corfu, and Naxos to the Romans, they would never cede Crete! And handing Zeta and and Ragusa independence was unthinkable.

When Manuel II was informed of this development he did a little jig which was impressive for a man of his age. He accepted the offer immediately. But deep down he was a bit miffed that Crete wasn't part of the package or that Venice would not release Ragusa and Zeta from bondage...

Those provinces of Crete, Zeta, and Ragusa would raise tensions between Venice and Constantinople and Tensions were already high between Hungary and the Roman Empire due to the illegal annexation of Serbia.

The Mamlukian Remnant is considered to be little more than the Indian Reservations of the American west.

Last edited:
Wow ! Are you in the year 1432 ? That are nice borders :)
Beautiful :)
Not any longer. 1438. And thank you. I'm striving for Justinian's empire
Wait... is that the Golden Horde where the Timurids should be?
It's probably Persia.
It is Persia yeah.
ah, Ak Koyunlu - a rarely seen nation with one of the best flags in the game!

(also nice Byzantium in a rather quick Reconquista :))

I'm not done yet! Wait? It was fast?

Last edited:
It is cyprus, not crete, that is guaranteed by france... also i am almost sure that they are not only guaranteed, but also in their sphere of influence.

DAMN MY FEEBLE FINGERS! That's what I meant:blush:... Either way chances are France would get involved if I overtly went after Cyprus so...:ninja:...

Bohemia that's been squashed down to Greece!
does that make Bohemia Βοημία then?
(No translation necessary, I think, in case it is, Bohemia. In Greek)

does that make Bohemia Βοημία then?
(No translation necessary, I think, in case it is, Bohemia. In Greek)

Who cares what it's called! It's only good for conquering!

This is my first game ever so I decided to use what seemed to me to be a noob friendly Nation, that is England. I started off by forming a royal marriage with Scotland so that they wouldn't attack me when I attacked France (I had normandy mission) Lo and Behold, they form a PU with me :p. So I fight France when they get into a war with Burgandy so I can Double team him. I tried to limit myself so I could get all of the 100 years wars missions. by about 1430-1440 I had all of England's cores that are granted through missions. France was reduced to a bunch of different warring states and me :p. After that I have spent the next 100 years or so trying to colonise different places and slowly consolidating France. Around the 1500's Protestantism hit and I had to be fighting rebels, Mali, and Sweden for like 30 years (on and off) It was the hardest moment I've had in the game (Next to when I went bankrupt fighting France in the 40s) I felt like historical France must have felt like when it hit them.

eu31t.jpg

That light blue where Norway should be is Flanders :p. I have four provinces in Spain because they attacked me when I got a mission to vasalize Navarre. When i invaded them they had ZERO troops on the peninsula. I was able to put soldiers everywhere.

eu32r.jpg

All of North Africa Used to be Castille's, but I don't know why they began losing territory.

eu34.jpg

Castille is everywhere! They have huge power in the Middle East

eu35y.jpg

Ming has some colonies in Indonesia. Meanwhile I got a mission to get a province in India, but i have no idea how I am going to accomplish this yet

eu36p.jpg

North America :) I am friends with the natives so I don't attack them.

Castille has some land holdings in Brazil

eu38.jpg

I has lots of monies :)