• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You need to connect your holdings! Conquer Lubeck and Mecklenburg, take the Lithuanian coast, annex Livonia, conquer St. Petersburg and inherit Sweden, and the Baltic is a Danish lake.

Meklenburg are under a union with the Flanders, who will be destroyed by the BBB soon enough. Livonia has been in my plans for a long time, Lithuania is out of question, as they're under a PU with Bohemia, who happens to be the HRE 4 eva.
St. Petersburg is another story. Muscowy isn't as dominant as it used to be and while they have more troops, I have the technological edge over them.
About the Swedes, I'm waiting for some vassalize casus belli mission to pop up.

P.S. I also need to take it easy as you probably know at every monarch death every non cored possession goes all Golden Horde on me. And I have tons of non cored possessions.

Last edited:
My first game in which I played through to the end. Ethiopia/VH.

eu3mapeth182012112.png

You win sir.

aRFQo.jpg

Here's what my Holland looks like in the year 1478. I have a 80-year old king who just led an assault as a general in to France and managed to take two provinces from them. I will also colonize the entire eastern seaboard of the United States in about five years

2011-05-15_00001.jpg

2011-05-15_00002.jpg

2011-05-15_00003.jpg

This was a lot of fun. Burgandy -> HRE on the Misc Mods Shattered Europe Campaign.

>> http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...iscMods-Alternate-scenarios!-Dynamic-colonies!

I had intended on ignoring the new world and just take over Europe. Well, I inherited Denmark who had 3 colonies on north Canada and naples who had half of South America.

I am the only catholic nation in the world aside from the holy father himself. Loving full Curia control.

My Holland > The Netherland > Prussia game .. I have just recovered after nearly hitting the Infamy limit with over 40 infamy.
The combination of to many non-core HRE provinces + Excommunication = negative Prestige & Infamy, and I had it a for about 30 years..
But well I got around it.

Prussia.jpg

Prussia2.jpg

My plan for now is to help Moscow, or some other Russian nation, to form Russia.
And then leave Europe for it self .. But go for the Middle East area, take Judea and Mecca(for the missionaries etc), and use it as a short cut to Asia.
The goal is to get to China and collect a good amount of provinces there. And then help the other nations expand.

In the end I want to convert to Victoria 2, and maybe later on to HoI3 (If I can get the converters to work).

Note: Yes, I modded USA so they was in the game from around 1400. If I want to have a strong USA in Vic2 and HoI3 I needed them in the game from the start.

could you upload your set up with the US in from the start? I'd like to try a game with that but can't be bothered to mod it in myself.

This is only the 19 provinces files. You can then make a mod (sorry, don't know how to do that), or take a copy of your EU3 folder and copy past it under the History folder.
www.trebond.com/provinces.rar

The setup:
Its the same 19 provinces the US get cores on in the American Revolution event.
A few(2 or 3) of the provinces is on native hands, but the USA get cores on them, and the culture in the provinces is american. All the provinces got a City Size on 10.000 around the same as in Europe at that time.
The religion in all provinces(except thoes the natives have) is Catholic .. but the nation religion is Protestant. (you can keep it Protestant and convert the provinces, or you can convert to Catholic.

This is the string added to each province file:
1400.1.1 = { owner = USA controller = USA add_core = USA culture = american religion = catholic citysize = 10000 }
or:
1400.1.1 = { add_core = USA culture = american citysize = 10000 }

So make sure to set the start date to 1. Jan. 1400 or later to get the USA in the game. ;)

My Spanish empire (Started as Castille) in the 15th century. My plan was to take all of Africa but as I wanted a centralized Spain I might skip that. I dow'ed Granada as a first action and then focused on getting Portugal and Aragon. I'm surprised that GB formed and France is the BBB once again. While Castille is pretty easy to play I find it very enjoyable, unlike my Russia game where I ripped my hair out. Also, when Aragon became an OPM Modena decided to annex them, oh boy did that end well for them.. And almost all of Italy are my vassals (not Milan area).

20110516_015939.jpg

My Spanish empire (Started as Castille) in the 15th century. My plan was to take all of Africa but as I wanted a centralized Spain I might skip that. I dow'ed Granada as a first action and then focused on getting Portugal and Aragon. I'm surprised that GB formed and France is the BBB once again. While Castille is pretty easy to play I find it very enjoyable, unlike my Russia game where I ripped my hair out. Also, when Aragon became an OPM Modena decided to annex them, oh boy did that end well for them.. And almost all of Italy are my vassals (not Milan area).

20110516_015939.jpg

Is that Nizhny-Novgorod in Russia? What happened there?
That's a big Ottoman Empire for you to dismantle later as well although it looks like they could have some stability issues soon.

Nizhny-Novgorod revolted I think after Golden horde had rushed through Muscowy and almost Poland.

Yeah I've gotten into a few wars with them lately, they're very unstable :D

My Ryukyu game so far... i might update my game onto hear every once and a while if i feel like it...

eu31m.png

and good name placement too! ;)

20110516_015939.jpg

look look Ulm is on the map!

Started as Switzerland, eventually left the Empire once I was strong enough and tried to form Germany. Many years later, I'm a mighty empire of my own..!

eu3a.jpg

...With an depressingly small name!

(And hideous borders. )