• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
thanks.) no problem. previously I was surprised I could post only 5 pics per post. Anyway
View attachment 51459View attachment 51460View attachment 51461View attachment 51462

I see that you finished the English as well. When I conquered Castille and Aragon. Britian came conquering the whole of north africa, south France and Italy. They were getting bigger and bigger. One time i had to deal with them otherwise they would become too powerfull

By the way look how clean the New world is, when there is no Portugal, Castille or England.

2012-04-04_00001.jpg

Just united the Mediterranean! I have most of the Caribbean Islands as well. Also expanded East into Persia a bunch. I hadn't planned to do that but I keep getting the boundary dispute event against them (just got a 3rd one) and I can't just leave cores lying around!

2012-04-04_00001.jpg

Just united the Mediterranean! I have most of the Caribbean Islands as well. Also expanded East into Persia a bunch. I hadn't planned to do that but I keep getting the boundary dispute event against them (just got a 3rd one) and I can't just leave cores lying around!

Awesome, I've always wanted to unite the Mediterranean exactly like this but I never had the patience.

Stamp out those Orthodox heretics! Invade Russia!!!

. . . actually, that thought gives me the idea to ask you, ZZMitch, may we see the religious map?

Stamp out those Orthodox heretics! Invade Russia!!!

. . . actually, that thought gives me the idea to ask you, ZZMitch, may we see the religious map?

I have been fighting Russia indirectly by sending massive war subsidies to Qing because they have been at war with Russia a bunch of times. Qing just won a major victory a few decades back.

Here is the map by the way:
2012-04-04_00002.jpg

2012-04-04_00001.jpg

* Mumbles Incoherently about not having TRUE Roman Borders*

Well this is madness. Still it is possible that they will just get eaten by rebels. But your byzantium is not quite impressive. By 1768, you don't even own north africa...
I don't like the misconception that people have to post a super impressive, totally competitive, continent-spanning empire in this thread. This thread is also for "Oh, I formed XXX as minor nation in YYYY!" or "I just started in the year YYYY and won ZZZ War!"

Well this is madness. Still it is possible that they will just get eaten by rebels. But your byzantium is not quite impressive. By 1768, you don't even own north africa...
There's nothing that says you have to play EU3 with the express goal of becoming the largest most powerful state in the game. I find, often enough, in my games I conquer a nice corner of Europe and find myself sitting and reacting to the world around me only very rarely making territorial gains. If all you do is conquer land the game becomes boring. I'd be more than proud to show off an 'Empire' of an all Mediterranean Kingdom, probably based in Crete, that has conquered all the islands and not one inch of the mainland, nor made a step into the new world.

Remember, its all about fun! :p

There's nothing that says you have to play EU3 with the express goal of becoming the largest most powerful state in the game. I find, often enough, in my games I conquer a nice corner of Europe and find myself sitting and reacting to the world around me only very rarely making territorial gains. If all you do is conquer land the game becomes boring. I'd be more than proud to show off an 'Empire' of an all Mediterranean Kingdom, probably based in Crete, that has conquered all the islands and not one inch of the mainland, nor made a step into the new world.

That sounds fun, I might try that for my next game heh. Grabbing the Balareas will probably be tough if Spain forms and hopefully France doesn't get Cyprus.

Truth. But you are going to have a hard time because of this HRE if they go attack you.

French HRE.jpg

France is the Emperor! :D

England is Scotland, thats Spain in half of Ireland, and it was Aragon who formed Spain (After beating the ever-living crap out of Castille at every chance it got). Portugal is all but gone, and France/HRE is the only colonial power at the moment. Golden Horde is about 3/4 occupied and getting hammered whenever truces wear off. Once the final unification of Western Europe is complete, including England (somehow), we march East... to more hordes >.>

Currently playing whack-a-rebellion (First time I've been overextended, and happened about 2min after unification), while fanging down churches left right and centre. Most of the buildings currently underway I inherited when Europe became all mine.