• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
From the east came the thunder of hooves

yVJKi.jpg

Playing Miscmod. I think I'm going to tagswitch to the inca for a few years and come back to pick a new nation when the nationalists have had their way, there's no way I'll be able to survive the succession crisis.

Sameland? Wheres Differentland? :p

My first go as Hansa year is 1453 (1399 start), i managed to beat Franco-Habsburg-Bohemian coalition due to epic France accepting WP :) i also got 2 vassals during the war!

eu3maphsa14534.jpg
Mine + vassals territory are inside the red lines due to Hansa's color being similar to the natives one.
eu3maphsa14534all.jpg

I've discovered all the coastal sea provinces in West + South Africa, and most of Eastern Africa and i've also discovered parts of Oceania! Makassar, Brunei etc.

Also notice Russian soup, horde wrath in Asia and Algerian Great Power and last but not least the whacky danes!

EDIT
Heres some ledger status from 1471
ledger1471.jpg
that's alot of transports :p
ledgerino1471.jpg
#1 in government tech :)

Last edited:
I don't know how this measures up to other people forming this country rapidly but in any case here is Malaya, formed in 1445 from Brunei. Also I was annoyed that it isn't the Malayan cultural union so I changed that.

33w8x2c.png

all-transports-navy !? :D

hehe i built some Carracks afterwards so it should be abit evened out now! :) and i would have built big ships earlier but i wanted to explore so i only used cogs since their the cheapest and quickest to build.

Continuation of Hansa Republic the year is 1493:

Me + vassals again.

eu3maphsa14932.jpg

The World.
eu3maphsaiandury14932.jpg

I see the HRE still exists. Are there even any factions beside you in it?

Yes, the HRE continued spreading like a horrible cancer. It actually dominates large parts of North and South America. I killed every sign of it wherever I could, but it just would not die, and I wasn't about to go to the New World just to dismantle it.

Macknull: Yes, it was totally peaceful since about 1795 there. I decided not to do any more conquests, even though Astrakhan and Sibir, and the Mamluks were just begging for it. I was content with the way those borders looked. :)

Last edited:
I don't know how this measures up to other people forming this country rapidly but in any case here is Malaya, formed in 1445 from Brunei. Also I was annoyed that it isn't the Malayan cultural union so I changed that.

How did you get the required cores on western Java so soon?

How did you get the required cores on western Java so soon?

You don't need cores, just ownership (unless it changed in a recent beta patch, since I'm running an earlier version)

Code:
malayan_nation = {
		potential = {
			NOT = { exists = MSA }
			culture_group = malay
			NOT = { technology_group = nomad_group }
		}
		allow = 
		{
			war = no
			owns = 624
			owns = 625
			owns = 629
			owns = 630
			OR = {
				AND = {
					owns = 595
					owns = 598
					owns = 596
					owns = 597
					owns = 617
					owns = 618
					owns = 619
					owns = 620
					owns = 621
					owns = 622
					owns = 623
					owns = 659
				}
				AND = {
					owns = 595
					owns = 598
					owns = 596
					owns = 597
					owns = 637
					owns = 636
					owns = 638
					owns = 640
					owns = 639
				}
				AND = {
					owns = 637
					owns = 636
					owns = 638
					owns = 640
					owns = 639
					owns = 617
					owns = 618
					owns = 619
					owns = 620
					owns = 621
					owns = 622
					owns = 623
					owns = 659
				}
			}
		}

If you border unexplored terr it sometimes reveals itself(not sure the MTTH on that). Kill the natives, get the +1 Colonists NI colonize and hope for more random exploration. He prob ate the Hindu nation(Majapahit iirc) fairly quickly.

You don't need cores at all to form Malaya. Just the regions.

You don't need cores, just ownership (unless it changed in a recent beta patch, since I'm running an earlier version)

Oh weird, I did a Castille -> Malaya game recently (posted some pages and some betas back) and I seem to remember I did need cores. But maybe I'm just confused.

Click image for full size!

This is my Brabant -> Netherlands -> Holy Roman Empire game (I changed the color). The year is 1765 and I'm still playing, though things are going pretty slow, lots of rebels to kill. I'm currently at -3 stability due to being a (very) bad boy. Right now I'm researching government tech, hoping to transform into a Revolutionary Republic and go on a worldwide killing spree.

A few points that may be of interest...

1) Yes I know my borders are kind of ugly. I don't really care.

2) I also know the color of the HRE clashes a bit with Great Britain, but if you look closer, you can tell the difference. Besides I figure Great Britain won't exist much longer (though the recently began to colonize in Oceania, even after I stole Australia from them).

3) The Americas will soon be all mine; the little bit governed by Portugal is mostly underdeveloped colonies that will be easy pickings. As a sidenote, Hawaii is one of my oldest colonies and served as a base for colonisation into Asia.

4) Africa has little resistance left to offer now that I've taken all the Spanish, Catalunyian and other colonies there. I also annexed Tunisia, Algiers and Catholic Morocco (don't ask). I've also successfully campaigned against the Mamluks (they still exist, but barely). The pinkish country in the middle is Sokoto (which is basically Mali just called something else) and the little blue think is Kanem Bornu, released from Sokoto (because I said so). Sokoto is not a challenge, but their size means I need to take my time eating them up.

Also yes, that is Wu in Swahili. They've already converted a province to Confucianism... weird.

5) In the Middle East you can see Iraq, drastically reduced in size after they thought declaring war on the Holy Roman Empire was a good idea (it was not). As a result of my wars in the region, I now control Mecca and Judea (as well as Rome, obviously). Currently working on converting all the Muslim provinces... most of Africa is already Christian.

6) The Ottomans... well, they used to be much bigger, but after eating their middle (they had a CoT!) and forcing them to release Kazakh they've been significantly reduced. I've since taken all of Greece from them (and have almost finished re-Christianising them. Most of them still have Greek culture too) and also caused them to move their capital, so I can take Thrace next time. Their Asian colonies to the east are doing surprisingly well.

7) Unlike Novgorod (who never got to form Russia because I took the last province they need a month before it cored, HA!) who have their capital in a small enclave surrounded by me. The rest of their territory is rebelling (you can see Nizhny Novgorod, which actually used to be much bigger) or being taken over Kazani nationalists, who will hopefully declare independance soon enough.

8) Moving further to the east, Khorasan is doing well, currently controlling most of Kazakh. East of them is Delhi, dominating India, but not spreading all that much, really. Also, Baluchistan is kinda big.

9) Even further we can see China, which is... uhhh... well, messed up. Ming exists (and is not a Celestial Empire, unlike the Oirat Horde), so does Qin, Manchu -and- Wu. A bit souther is Pegu (and its faithful little vassal Dai Viet) as well as a fairly recent conquest of the Empire; this area also serves as the headquarters to the East India Trading Company (and is actually why I captured it in the first place).

10) South of that is Malaya, a few colonies (Holy Roman and British... for now). Australia is controlled by the Empire (because Britain didn't want them hard enough), whereas a few other little islands are still held by the Englishmen (again, for now). As a fun fact, Fujiwara is a Republican Dictatorship, after I had Great Britain release it in an earlier war.

11) Finally, Japan still stands divided, Taira claiming the title of shogun for the past century or so. They're actually at war with one of the other major daimyo, so it's possible the country will be unified by the end of the game. You can also see a single British province in Japan (there actually were two more, but they rebelled to Korea, then joined a daimyo, converting to Buddhism in the process). North of Japan is a set of relatively new Holy Roman colonies, including Hokkaido (that Japan never got around to capturing/colonizing), Sakhalin and Kamchatka. I also took a bunch of provinces from Manchu after they had the stones to declare war on me and capture a few colonies.