• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Najd, 1492.
Delhi is my lesser in Personal Union, all green states are my vassals (20+) ;)

eu390.jpg

Nice you you have destroyed the mamluk empire

Nice you you have destroyed the mamluk empire

Well, actually i *cough* INHERITED it, so not that much of feat :) just as i will Delhi sooner or later... Only problem is i misread Overextension Modifier conditions and it just fired while im already getting 3 more colonized provinces... Stupid me :) +3 min revolt,+3 global revolt and worst yet, +50% stability cost just as im about to reform tribal government.... Stupid, stupid me :D

Najd, 1492.

eu390.jpg
Going pretty well so far, nice! I would suggest invading Europe rather sooner than later because of the tech lag and the obsolence of the Holy War CB in 1650. Especially the Italian universities would be a prime target.

Overextension is annoying, but you'll manage. If you just keep growing it will eventually go away.

Najd, 1492.

eu390.jpg

Nice going so far. TBH I thought you would have gotten duther by now what with the Mamluks in PU so early on, but hay ho. I found that ass soon as the Mamluks are conquered it gets much easier because of the money that comes rolling in.

Going pretty well so far, nice! I would suggest invading Europe rather sooner than later because of the tech lag and the obsolence of the Holy War CB in 1650. Especially the Italian universities would be a prime target.

Overextension is annoying, but you'll manage. If you just keep growing it will eventually go away.

Yes, invading Europe ASAP is my intention too, i already got beachhead in europe, problem is i cant take fight to Castille nor France(christians got really massive fllets in mediterrean), and still got my way a bit blocked by few Sunni minors like Ottomans and Bulgaria...
I want to use up last Tribal CBs for last 2-3 independent Sunni states, then reform goverment and attack Europe. There are big Castilla, France, Poland, Bohemia powers that still could stop me, in north big Muscowy and in China/Russia is mega big Ming :) And the technology gap is starting to show now too a bit.
Overextension wont go away im afraid, it is triggered by 2 ways AFAIK:
1. having less than 50% cores in your territory or more with bad admin ruler
2. having 120 cities or less and various stage of decentralization

So in best possible case you can have up to 119 provinces and dont have overextension (more than half cores+centrlaization=4+) but as soon as you have 120, you get it no matter what else.. so NO, it wont go away by more expansion, not a chance :)

Nice going so far. TBH I thought you would have gotten duther by now what with the Mamluks in PU so early on, but hay ho. I found that ass soon as the Mamluks are conquered it gets much easier because of the money that comes rolling in.

Actually, i only used mamluks ONCE, to fight Ottomans in first few decades - when otties intervened into my war and managed to send few amries to my lands.
I actually credit that PU far more for keeping mamluks out of my wars than anything else. In other words, i didnt use them as allies until i won first about 5 wars on my own. :) And as you probaly know, You AINT getting naything from lessers in PU - other than auto-alliance and other diplo/political advantages. No cash, no army limits, no manpower, nothing like that. ALso money from maluks start coming to me WHEN i inherited them -which was about 70 years AFTER my PU :)

PS but the cores i got on mamluks sure were damn nice present :)
Pitty, i aint gonna get any when inheriting Delhi :(

Actually, i only used mamluks ONCE, to fight Ottomans in first few decades - when otties intervened into my war and managed to send few amries to my lands.
I actually credit that PU far more for keeping mamluks out of my wars than anything else. In other words, i didnt use them as allies until i won first about 5 wars on my own. :) And as you probaly know, You AINT getting naything from lessers in PU - other than auto-alliance and other diplo/political advantages. No cash, no army limits, no manpower, nothing like that. ALso money from maluks start coming to me WHEN i inherited them -which was about 70 years AFTER my PU :)

PS but the cores i got on mamluks sure were damn nice present :)
Pitty, i aint gonna get any when inheriting Delhi :(

You should have abused the Mamluks to their full potential. Still, India's a pretty nice catch too. Would have gone for Europe after annexing the Ottamns myself, but that's just me :)

You should have abused the Mamluks to their full potential. Still, India's a pretty nice catch too. Would have gone for Europe after annexing the Ottamns myself, but that's just me :)

In my mind, vassalising all muslim countries using Tribal CBs then reforming goverment and take on europe made more sense - especially as i needed small asia landbridge to get to them first anyway :)

meaning i only dismantled ottomans recently - they did they fair share dealing with common enemies till then though :)

And on that vein, my completed (Mostly) Minamoto -> Japan game, 1812, with selected empires highlighted:

eu3mapjap18131271.png

What a weird, weird game. France went Protestant, colonised, then utterly collapsed. Novgorod expanded well into Siberia but never formed Russia. Giant Bohemia. Baltic musical chairs. My goal for this game was mostly just to colonise every Pacific island plus Oceania, and keep any Western powers out of Asia. I could have easily gone for WC, however - fully westernised Japan, in spite of the handicap that Shinto is, is a beast. At the end of that game I had monthly income in the 10,000 ducat range. I spent the entire game without building artillery; being so far away from Europe and surrounded by less developed neighbours makes things very easy after a while. You can look at a full map, too.

Here's the empire of the Knights (Catholic theocracy). Currently at war with Castille and a few minor european countries.

I had to build an impressive fleet to keep the Ottomans at check, however I am still struggling with the odd naval battle morale.

In light green my vassals (except kazakhstan), I consider them as part of my kingdom, I vassalised instead of annexing to avoid having to supress rebellions, but they wage war with me whenever I want to.

EU3_2.jpg

EU3_1.jpg

EU3_MAP_KNI_1691_1_17_1.jpg

Started a very late colonisation, took Magascar in prevision to land and invade Japan and am eying on south america where I have a foothold. The Papal state, a loyal friendly state has expanded just above me in south america. (white stain)

Having started very small my inflation is still at 76.

Right now I am in the process of:
-Colonizing the rest of Africa
-Expand in Asia
-Try to claim a few lands from spain if they dont manage to crush my fleet and land on Africa

However I have claimed Jerusalem and made it Christian around 1600, which was the main goal of my game. Had my heart broken when I had to move my capital to Africa, as I was not able to sustain a correct economy while having all 99.5% of my provinces offshore !

Last edited:
66yyw0.jpg

This is my fully westernized Zapotec Administrativ republic.
Started it with all standard settings except that lucky nations was on random.

I dont want to post a screen of europe cause its totally messy. Great brittain was formed by the scotts and their collonists are messing up my borders :(. Im allied with a france,portugal and prussia whom are constantly draggin me into wars,but i feel that i kinda need them to protect me.

Rest of the game im just gonna try to colonize more with my 1 colonist per year animist country, and also im almost only building trading buildings as my economy kind of went beyond crazy cause of it when i got to western tech group,so im gonna keep doing that.

China is also totally messy with all different chinese factions. I will post and endgame screenshot of my country and the rest of the world when im finished :D.

The Glorious Austrian Empire

eu35.png

Historical borders of the empire according to Wikipedia

eu33h.png

And my Vassals and personal union over Castille

eu38n.png

My diplomatic skill

eu3maphab1590911.png

Whole world map

Last edited:
Spanish Colonial Empire

This is my Spanish colonial empire. The year is 1627 and i started as Castille. I started with annexing Aragon and portugal. I been in war with France a couple of times and was lucky enough to take some Italian provinces.

EU3_MAP_SPA_1627.6.8_2.jpgEU3_MAP_SPA_1627.6.8_1.jpg

After that i decided to take control of America and succeded well.

1586 did Spain launch an large assault on India, and got some provinces. I got cores and went further. Now i just started to colonize Australia.

During this game has the French and the British been fighting whole game. Epic battles in scandinavia and in Africa. They have been rivals since the start.

Lithuania is huge but since the year of 1600 has the empire starting to fall apart.

In this current game i got following achievments:

Isn't this the way to India - In the grand campaign, discover Americas as Spain.
Cortes & Pizarro - In the grand campaign, conquer the Aztecs and the Incas.
It's all about the money - Accumulate 2000 gold in the grand campaign.
Market control - Be trade leader of 7 different goods.
No Pirates in my Caribbean - Control all of the Caribbean before 1600.
Master of India - playing as any European nation, own all of India
East & West - playing the grand campaign, own a core in both the carribean and Asia.

My next goal is to get the - Spain is the Emperor - Starting as Castille in the grand campaign, become the Holy Roman Emperor.

I will update when i reach 1820 :D

Sorry for my english, it's not my mothertongue :)

Very cool. For some reason I got "Master of India" as well, even though I only own Ceylon... Also, vassalizing the electors will get you elected. If you excommunicate them first, it'll only cost 1 imfamy.

Very cool. For some reason I got "Master of India" as well, even though I only own Ceylon...

A known coding bug. Instead of using the double negative NOT provinces in India NOT owned, it uses the trigger province(s) in India owned.

-Pat

Just my French Empire as of 1500. I've decided to wait for my infamy to die down, but while I wait, with the liberation casus belli, I want to free any nations I can for more allies, since no one really likes me. I havn't decided if I want to be colonial yet, and those random provinces in africa was just for that one gold province. My economy is doing great. I really don't have any set plans or goals for this one though, any ideas?

Attachments

• EU3_1.bmp
    EU3_1.bmp
    4,7 MB · Views: 473