• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So as of 1680 I have achieved my goal - the world has been reduced to my one-province Netherlands and its 204 vassals and 7 unions. Huzzah!

EU3_56.jpg

It's not pretty, but it is pretty awesome.

EU3_MAP_NED_1680525_1.jpg

Nicely done! But you didn't colonize everything. (Never mind the fact that with another 140 years you could do it easily. Actually, now that I think about it, colonization would be tricky if you're trying to remain an OPM. You'd have to rely on vassals, unless you count colonizing and then immediately selling the province to a vassal. But with that method you couldn't get inland colonies.)

I'd imagine you're doing pretty good in tech.

Isn't the idea of vassalage that a powerful, strong (and probably BIG) nation protects some weaker (and probably SMALLER) nations? ... Oh, nevermind, forget it... :D

Seriously, i think this is the most awesome thing i've seen so far in EU3. I even think this is better than any traditional WC!

Here is my Cro->HRE game
GjL3V.jpg

I was having alot of luck in the game. Turkey didn't attacked me, and i did randomly get the emperor title, and from that date, i started to steam roll everyone.

First victim
u4knn.jpg

What to say, after the war, France didn't conquer anymore and it was slowly dying. After 23 years they were a minor nation.

Second victim(first as emperor)
JbYPp.jpg

Killed Scandinavia, they are a minor nation now

Third victim(second as emperor)
G1hH7.jpg

Turkey was the strongest nation in the world! I was having ready a 100k army against them, but it was not even enough to kill them. Thanx to my vassals (Austria!) i managed to throw them away from my border, and release Rome.

never seen this mod. what is it?

So as of 1680 I have achieved my goal - the world has been reduced to my one-province Netherlands and its 204 vassals and 7 unions. Huzzah!

EU3_56.jpg

It's not pretty, but it is pretty awesome.

EU3_MAP_NED_1680525_1.jpg
Very impressive, indeed! Are you going to do anything more with this world or are you finished with it? You've still got 140 years left to go . . .

Forgive my skepticism, but I tried a similar thing as Ulm once and my Infamy was in the several hundreds. Some nations needed to be annexed in quick wars and released quickly which lead to some intense infamy. How did you manage larger countries like Wu(or is that Qin)?

My Duh, HRE reforms for most of Europe and Holy war annexation/release for the rest of the world infamy-free, right?

Very good, now see how many you can annex outright by the end of the game. :p

The small, Greek nation of Theodoro...Not so small anymore ^^

Allied with Russia, 200 relations, Also vassals are Bulgaria and Cyprus

Why did you white out the world map?

Forgive my skepticism, but I tried a similar thing as Ulm once and my Infamy was in the several hundreds. Some nations needed to be annexed in quick wars and released quickly which lead to some intense infamy. How did you manage larger countries like Wu(or is that Qin)?

My Duh, HRE reforms for most of Europe and Holy war annexation/release for the rest of the world infamy-free, right?

I didn't actually use Renovatio Imperii. For the first 150 years, I mostly Holy Warred, using the BB burn from that to create what European vassals I could, while PUing on occasion. I got Imperialism ridiculously early, though, which then allowed me to quickly annex-release most of Europe really cheaply. To manage larger countries, I did allow myself to briefly hold provinces for the time it took to demand them in a peace, break the truce and conquer more provinces - Wu was easier because they'd already declared independence by the time I got there, meaning that I could eat them while also simultaneously demanding the other half of their provinces from Ming.

The other trick I used was a lot of spy abuse; I was able to cut Sweden off from their Black Sea territories by demanding and releasing Krakow, which then allowed me to fund patriots that defected to my OPM vassals Ukraine, Zaporozhie and the GH. Similar tactics worked in Egypt (which Syria had conquered), Anatolia (eaten by Venice) and Persia.

I was careful to keep low Infamy, not taking unnecessary amounts and not racking up more than I could quickly get rid of by Holy War + annex-release.

I'm assuming you also made good use of the NI Bill of Rights for the Liberation casus belli which allows much easier breaking up of countries, no? :)

Largely unnecessary when I can just demand the provinces and release them myself.