• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Novgorod-Russia 1819

eu3maprus18191221.jpg

Lithuania 1820

eu3maplit18201221.jpg

Ethiopia 1820

eu3mapeth1820711.jpg

Creek 1784

eu3mapcre17841111.jpg

Byzantium 1820

eu3mapbyz18201221.jpg

Sibir (1453) 1820

eu3mapsib18201211.jpg

Yet another game as Moscovy, so far so good, got a clear path toward forming Russia, no superpower on my way atm:

ROFL at AI Brandenburg and Brabant-formed Netherlands!

In Khanate Russia, the Horde colonizes you!

goldenhorde1497.jpg

I'm just deciding at this point whether to form the Mughals now, or to wait the three years to annex what's left of France and risk getting another succession crisis. My ruler had been on the throne 26 years, making him 41, so the risk isn't huge, but it's there. I've been rampaging through North Germany, the Netherlands, and the Mamluks in anticipation of making the switch.

My last succession crisis was hell, since it was three of them back to back. My first couple of heirs were the same age as the ruler taking the throne, so I ended up getting a 59 year old heir at one point. He ended up taking the throne at 80, and died a month after the succession crisis ended, starting a second and leaving me with a Regency Council and an 11 year old heir. Of course, when the Regency Council ended, that started a 3rd crisis. I had more than enough troops and manpower to handle the rebels, but all the fighting drove my war exhaustion through the roof. It took a lot of very careful management - sending small armies after rebels, and tons of ping ponging - to coax my WE down after that.

Muscowy, Lithuania, Poland, Austria, Bohemia, and most of Italy and Greece are now cored. Turkey will core in the next decade.

Is it possible to switch to Mughals while in a succession crisis? If that's the case I would just conquer as much as possible until a succession crisis hits and then switch to Mughals. (b/c then the succession crisis RR modifier goes away and you'll know that the current sea of rebels is going to be the only sea of rebels)

"conquer all of Europe"

And.. congrats on conquering Venice; it is a tough feat considering boat building non existent.

Is it possible to switch to Mughals while in a succession crisis? If that's the case I would just conquer as much as possible until a succession crisis hits and then switch to Mughals. (b/c then the succession crisis RR modifier goes away and you'll know that the current sea of rebels is going to be the only sea of rebels)

You can, in theory, assuming your heir meets the MIL requirement. I'm skeptical that the RR modifier would just go away before the normal 2y mark, though. Besides, I've had more than my fill of rebels in this game, hehe.

The problem I'm having right now is that I'm starting to feel the tech gap, since most of the Latin tech states are in the Land 10-11 range. I'd like to get my Land tech up a bit before they start getting Landsknechten Infantry. Fortunately, with France splintered, nobody is a big threat outside of Castille, but they're getting uncomfortably close to my borders in Egypt.

successionwar.jpg

Nice!
So a WC with a horde is easier i think thanks to no infamy(ofc you switch to mughals to get navy).

So, confused. I tried this very same thing, and was doing okay (not nearly as well as Ryuujin95!). When I loaded one morning, I instantly got around 35 infamy, and it never went away. And every province thereafter that I took, I got 4 infamy. I wasn't in dishonorable scum wars, since I was a horde, but that *really* hurt my war effort, what with constant rebels and the like.

Was this a bug? I can post a screenie when I get home from work, if no one believes me.

@ryuujin: don't form the Mughals until you finish conquering Europe! Otherwise you won't have the manpower and forcelimit bonuses to fight Spain. Maybe.