• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Another For the Motherland game:

You can see my victorious armies marching back home after the Epic war of Russian unification (declared war on Lithuania, who then became junior partner in union with Thuringia, who then dragged half of world against me, was fun!).

Livonian Ordred, Ustyug and Beloozero are my loyal vassals.

11t7kmf.png

You can easily tell who I was playing. ;).

For the interested. The real notable thing about this is... do the hordes usually do that well? Because here, they're doing extremely well.

In the West, the Golden Horder refuses to give ground, and from what I've seeing, they're eating up Novogrod and the Ottomans from their west side - while the Tirmuids are happily expanding into India and Arbia.

And don't get me started on the gigantic green blob - it's fucking eating through MING.

If it's just one or two, I'd be surprised but normal, but all of them are doing extremely well - I have never seen that before.

For the interested. The real notable thing about this is... do the hordes usually do that well? Because here, they're doing extremely well.

In the West, the Golden Horder refuses to give ground, and from what I've seeing, they're eating up Novogrod and the Ottomans from their west side - while the Tirmuids are happily expanding into India and Arbia.

And don't get me started on the gigantic green blob - it's fucking eating through MING.

If it's just one or two, I'd be surprised but normal, but all of them are doing extremely well - I have never seen that before.
Algiers survived??
And, mate, tell the date please! it must be a fun game

Rise of Japan

EU3_MAP_JAP_1475.12.31_1.jpg

Japan finally unified! (1475)
In world news! Ming has been overextending them self (as predicted by the war council hehe) and Britain somehow landed in Iceland!

EU3_MAP_JAP_1586.12.3_1.jpg

By 1586 - Japanese dominion of Asia has initiated with conquests in both the Manchu region and the region of Malacca. Additionally with massive hit and run tactics (on behalf of the Japanese army) the people of Ming finally rebelled against their lords to finally stop the mad Japanese war. As Ming was far to overextended it quickly collapsed. Additional news: Small scale tribal conquest in Africa and first contact with the men in big ships was made.
In world news! The big blue blob of Europe has successfully been unified and Spain has started to colonize aggressively.

EU3_MAP_JAP_1706.1.13_1.jpg

By 1706 - Massive restructuring of Japanese society has finally completed and paid off. After a short conflict with one of Europe's "minor" nation, the war council realized how primitive their methods were! Solution: No less than three "westernization" decisions were initiated to ensure maximum progress. Chineese -> Muslim -> Ottoman -> Western. EACH step of course inflicting the much feared "Western Influences", which of course went nowhere near to ripping the nation apart.
The millitary was only modernized twice, skipping the muslim->Ottoman step in favor of rushing the last step to western "westernization". This enabled a jump from muslin to western millitary equipment and tactics in one go.
After this great period of turmoil the Japanese high command was in excellent position to assert its position. Large areas of Africa were either colonized or conquered and most of Ociana bent their knees to the Emperor. Forward bases were obtained in India and all of the north was claimed in the name of the red blob. Many many times the men in the big ships arrived intending to get an easy prey only finding them self facing a fully mobilized western type army. Needless to say, well we did have the home ground. It is pretty far to Britain from Kyoto.
In world news! Yes it is Persia knocking on my door in Siberia, dont ask me how they got so far north.

EU3_MAP_JAP_1811.8.6_2.jpg
EU3_MAP_JAP_1821.1.1_1.jpg

By 1821 Japan was a power house, it technological advances were unmatched (sitting at level 69 for all except level 70 for land tech, Britain was at 55 ish and Austria 60 ish) and its army had presence in every corner of the world. In the late 18th century it was decided the Europe had to be tough a lesson of what it is to anger the Emperor (some 200 years ago but never the less) and massive invasion was landed in Italy (the soft underbelly of Europa as it was called). Itally was soon bent and Europeans Navies burned. With unmatched Naval supremacy and the manpower of most of Asia behind it, all of Europe was soon occupied. However due to some funny unnatural interventions it was not possible to Annex Europe into Japan directly as the gods seemed to oppose some kind of badboy limit on the world. Pheh, what a nonsense. So instead, Nara Minamoto, Emperor of Japan, had the Holy roman empire dismantled. This, hoped Nara Minamoto, wold subdue Europe. In any case, if Europe continued to resist, it was also possible to convert it into Shinto, as had been done to the rest of Japan's 480 ish provinces :D Note: Japan shall not be blamed for the death of the blue blob of Europe, after Divine Wind blew over Europe the French turned exceptionally kind and self destructed rather than facing the might of Japan. What a wise choice.

Was the game legitimate:
It was only required to ask the gods for interventions twice, as sometimes the rulers of Japan were to "special" to bred children of ADM higher than 6. Otherwise a reload here and there helped keeping my fleet save from Britain, these guys are sneaky.

Last edited:
View attachment 39923
View attachment 39924

By 1821 Japan was a power house, it technological advances were unmatched (sitting at level 69 for all except level 70 for land tech, Britain was at 55 ish and Austria 60 ish) and its army had presence in every corner of the world. In the late 18th century it was decided the Europe had to be tough a lesson of what it is to anger the Emperor (some 200 years ago but never the less) and massive invasion was landed in Italy (the soft underbelly of Europa as it was called). Itally was soon bent and Europeans Navies burned. With unmatched Naval supremacy and the manpower of most of Asia behind it, all of Europe was soon occupied. However due to some funny unnatural interventions it was not possible to Annex Europe into Japan directly as the gods seemed to oppose some kind of badboy limit on the world. Pheh, what a nonsense. So instead, Nara Minamoto, Emperor of Japan, had the Holy roman empire dismantled. This, hoped Nara Minamoto, wold subdue Europe. In any case, if Europe continued to resist, it was also possible to convert it into Shinto, as had been done to the rest of Japan's 480 ish provinces :D Note: Japan shall not be blamed for the death of the blue blob of Europe, after Divine Wind blew over Europe the French turned exceptionally kind and self destructed rather than facing the might of Japan. What a wise choice.

Was the game legitimate:
It was only required to ask the gods for interventions twice, as sometimes the rulers of Japan were to "special" to bred children of ADM higher than 6. Otherwise a reload here and there helped keeping my fleet save from Britain, these guys are sneaky.

My eyes! They're bleeding!

If that is not the most attrocious EU map in history, then I don't know what is.

How Nice that you didn't blob into useless horde lands , and that you let the mongol khanate live :) (I have a soft spot for those poor suckers)

Hordes only only really fall apart if they get beaten in a war (which only tends to happen mid-to-late game since nomad troops are superior early on)
Eventually they'll border an advanced nation that cares enough to destroy them and before you know it you'll border austria....

I see pictures of unbelievable big empires without any bb. How ist that possible?

Unam Sanctum all the way. Unam Sanctum the Buddhist, Hindus. I focused on leaving Burma (Toungoo and Shan region) for last, because I wanted Buddhists. After I've conquered that big pocket in India, I conquer Burma, let buddhists revolt, then change religion.

After that, I conquered Japan, and then parts of China using cleansing of heresy - the only Buddhist nation in existence now, after all.

I see pictures of unbelievable big empires without any bb. How ist that possible?

My current WC, I wasted ~20 years of infamy-burning at the beginning and left the HRE independent (so no full cardinal college), but I've got most everything west of Burma/China/Outer Manchuria anyway and am comfortably under the infamy limit, in 1570. Holy War and Colonial Conquest are very overpowered.

nice! additional thanks for promoting the actual name of our people :)

Thanks. :3

Things to be noted: France is VEEEERY recent - about 20 years. Before, there was Champagne - which got inherited by Sweden. No cores, oversea, yadda yadda, Sweden lost it. And France came out, not Champagne. ;_____; Burgundy is strong, but was a bit stronger; Hindustan formed, collapsed, and was COMPLETELY partitioned. They are no more. Polotsk was strong, but collapsed; Pskov was strong, but collapsed; Bavaria was strong, but persisted in sending spies to every nook and cranny of my empire, and so I partitioned it. Salted the lands were Munich stood, too. :I
Sweden sat for one and half centuries on an almost formed Scandinavia, exception made for Burgundian Skane - on wich they do have and had a core. Now they lost Copenhagen too, and I doubt I will see Scandinavia.

Oh, and my monarches sucked. Completely. Absolutely. Ineluctably. I westernised in 1506, and was able to enact the Military Westernization in 1715.