• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yep, Nubian and Sunni. I can't imagine having to survive in that area with animism, in addition to the tribal government, sub-Saharan tech and troops. At least as a Sunni I always have a Muslim ally. Also being Sunni meant that all the Ethiopian culture animist provinces I ate became Nubian after conversion, which is nice.

The Domains of Christian V of Oldenburg, King of Denmark, Austria, Norway, Hungary and Saxe-Lauenburg, Duke of Iceland, Croatia, Serbia, Romania, Vinland and New Sjaelland, Count of Oldenburg, Hamburg, Lord of Navigation and Commerce in the Baltic, West Atlantic and the Caribbean, Protector of the Free States of the Holy Roman Empire, in 1638.

This is my Bohemia turned HRE in 1594. A brief history of the past century or so, which so shaped European politics for centuries to come:

After the Regency Council 1490-9 traiterously converted to Protestantism before any major power except Sweden the Great King (despite his rather mediocre stats) Vaclav V of Bohemia King, Lord of Poland, Duke of Styria, Cologne, Saxony and Brandenburg, Earl of Luneburg, Salzburg and Meissen, Holy Roman Emperor (died Vaclav V, Holy Roman Emperor) had to beg and scrape to get his Empire back onside to pass the final two reforms, which he did in the early 1520s and 1530s after a bloody war (involving Castille) where much of the west escaped assimilation (Brabant was later annexed). One of the final acts in his great life was to abolish feudalism throughout his Empire.

The greatest loss in that diplomatic rupture with Catholic Europe was the century old Franco-Bohemian alliance, which had successfully dismantled Burgundy and turned it into the stub it is today. Somewhere in all this Great Britain collapsed without any obvious outside provocation.

Soon after Vaclav died the French declared war, and then lost (despite the aid of Northumberland and Cornwall). Worried about French expanionism into the second colonial power Castille, the Emperor wisely attacked while they were recovering from such a conquest in Iberia (I fortunately gained a core in Bar just in time for a CB). These two wars have left the Emperor the clear leading power in Europe, but its rivals in the west remain a danger to long-term security.

Below is the Empire, turned to garish yellow with the help of Paint (minus a few islands I couldn't be bothered to fill). The Empire's possessions here include the eastern seabord of North America (with a slight Castilian interruption), the coast of South America, Imperial Maya (I was in the middle of taking them when the French invaded), the Caribbean, and Imperial West Africa (plus a bit in Benin). I am itching for militaristic colonial expansion (into Maya, Mali, India & Arabia), but I badly need to burn infamy.

149m9v4.jpg

ddtok.jpg

The richest nation in the world. Muscovy was very briefly an ally of Bohemia, but has since set off on its own path. The Empire has little interest in eastern politics, despite having had the Ottomans on its doorstep for more than a hundred years.

35cn51d.jpg

Castille is still smarting from its war with France.

Also... Sunni Byzantium D:

Last edited:
Taking a break from my Byzantine campaign, this is my Epir(us)->Greece Campaign. I own most of Greece, Southern Italy, and Constaninople. My vassals are Genoa, Monaco, and Nicaea (the yellow nation in western Anatolia). My allies are Raska and Novgorod.
euiiigreekcampaignduchy.png

Should I go back as Epirus or stay as Greece?

The Duchy of Silesia under Fryderyk II of Piast, the duke of Silesia, Prussia, Pommerania, Kurland, the elector-margrave of Brandenburg.
eu318p.png

the primary culture of duchy is Saxon
the duchy is leading all techs (except navy) of the world
converted to Protestant
most provinces cored (only Mecklenburg and Memel are uncored)

I tried to form Prussia then reloaded as Silesia, that's just more badass.
I will invade....oh sorry, reclaim Poland soon, but just dunno what to do after the predictable easy victory. Wanna some suggestion (but I don't want a Jagellionian Empire)

Some strangeness you may want to know:
the capital of Lithuania is Riga, the culture there is Prussia.....and Lithuania is a member of the Empire too, all due to damned hordes:sad:
there was a very successful Byzantium...started as an OPM, I did nothing to with them

Taking a break from my Byzantine campaign, this is my Epir(us)->Greece Campaign. I own most of Greece, Southern Italy, and Constaninople. My vassals are Genoa, Monaco, and Nicaea (the yellow nation in western Anatolia). My allies are Raska and Novgorod.

Which (map) mod is this? Doesn't look like any of the more common ones.

Beutifull Castillian borders in iberia!

Stay as greece! I love there colures

2gt7qq1.jpg

Denmark-Norway. That is all.

Things to note: The Byzantines somehow survived.
Sweden is a pushover but they prudently got allied with Trollagon, which is my personal Castille.
Leinster is under a PU with me, great bridge to invade England
I will rule the waves.

GIEF ALMORAVIDS!

Which mod? Can I get it partially? I'm a sucker for Al-Andaluz reconstructions.

The Duchy of Silesia under Fryderyk II of Piast, the duke of Silesia, Prussia, Pommerania, Kurland, the elector-margrave of Brandenburg.
the primary culture of duchy is Saxon
the duchy is leading all techs (except navy) of the world
converted to Protestant
most provinces cored (only Mecklenburg and Memel are uncored)

I tried to form Prussia then reloaded as Silesia, that's just more badass.
I will invade....oh sorry, reclaim Poland soon, but just dunno what to do after the predictable easy victory. Wanna some suggestion (but I don't want a Jagellionian Empire)

Some strangeness you may want to know:
the capital of Lithuania is Riga, the culture there is Prussia.....and Lithuania is a member of the Empire too, all due to damned hordes:sad:
there was a very successful Byzantium...started as an OPM, I did nothing to with them
This is awesome. I love successful Silesias, although Saxon culture is a little disappointing. But if you're Saxon then take the rest of Saxony, reclaim Poland and maybe Bohemia and prove yourself the most powerful among the Great Powers.

Started around when Ottomans got the Crimea as vassal as TO.
The Prussian Reich
IWACT.jpg

The world.
3SCKu.png

Ill inherit all PU when my king died and the conquest of Portuguese Hesse brought me all the way to Iberia.
Also poor Ireland formed but got raped by Austria.
It was worth it almost 1/3 of the Reich extended with cores.
Settings that are special, Historical Lucky nations, 200 years spread and low aggression.
Incan colonization is due a error making them buddhism with noculture(Will edit that out).