• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, personally it has taken me 2 weeks of playing to even become adept at understanding this game at easy, let alone some of the empires i have seen here!! Anyway I have finally got the noob hang of it i think......and im addicted (Civ5 what now?). I hope to post my united great britain empire soon (hey its a start!!!!) as i just conqured ireland in 2 years without getting dogpilled, or shed loads of infamy - yey for understanding missions, checking for alliences, how to stack troops properly and CBs!!!!!. Great game.

Well, personally it has taken me 2 weeks of playing to even become adept at understanding this game at easy, let alone some of the empires i have seen here!! Anyway I have finally got the noob hang of it i think......and im addicted (Civ5 what now?). I hope to post my united great britain empire soon (hey its a start!!!!) as i just conqured ireland in 2 years without getting dogpilled, or shed loads of infamy - yey for understanding missions, checking for alliences, how to stack troops properly and CBs!!!!!. Great game.

I am glad to hear that you enjoy this game so much.

Spain

So this is my Spanish nation in July of 1629:

Country border view:

EU3_80.jpg

Religion view:

EU3_81.jpg

Diplo view:

EU3_82.jpg

Sliders and tech:

EU3_85.jpg

I'm a tech leader in all but Naval, and even then I'm in second

Troop types:

EU3_86.jpg

National Ideas:

EU3_88-1.jpg

Income:

EU3_90-1.jpg

Army size comparison:

EU3_92-1.jpg

3rd largest army, above and beyond the most manpower. Second most manpower is Lithuania

Pies!:

EU3_93-1.jpg

Monopolies galore:

EU3_95-1.jpg

And World map:

EU3_MAP_SPA_162981_1-1.jpg

Of course, your probably thinking that this empire is, well, sub-par for a Spanish empire: Galicia(although a vassal) and Granada are free, I don't have much expansion outside of the Iberian peninsula, and I own no colonies. You're also probably wondering who I used to form them-Portugal, Castille, or Aragon? Castille is out of the question, as they have a province on screen, Portugal is also out of the running as they have the Azores still, which leaves Aragon. And yet if you thought I formed them using Aragon, you would be so very very wrong. So who did I form them as? Well....

BEHOLD! IBERIAN AACHEN!

EU3_79.jpg

This was the toughest thing I have ever done, and will probably remain the toughest thing I have ever done for a while. Even making Serbia a powerful nation was easier due to getting a PU with France and Bohemia.

Italy atleast has beautiful ones ^^

Why thank you

Ehh.... Wheres the good old respect for beautiful borders :(

At least the New world only has about 5 nations in it :p(Spain, Italy, Holland, GB, and Gotland(silly religious revolts defecting in silly ways) last time I checked)

~One of the two doges of Italy in the said game

Spain

This was the toughest thing I have ever done, and will probably remain the toughest thing I have ever done for a while. Even making Serbia a powerful nation was easier due to getting a PU with France and Bohemia.

What? How? WHAT? THIS IS SO INTO SPACE... I can't even...

Wow. Good job!

HOW!!! How are you even able to do that?

Seriously I want to know how people do stuff like this. Like forming Malay with Castille?

Some kind of Cultural shift?

What? How? WHAT? THIS IS SO INTO SPACE... I can't even...

Wow. Good job!

HOW!!! How are you even able to do that?

Seriously I want to know how people do stuff like this. Like forming Malay with Castille?

Some kind of Cultural shift?

Both of you, thank you.

Aliasing- there is a national decision that you can use under a few circumstances:

1)Your capital isn't your national culture(might have to be not even your culture group)
2)Your capital's culture is your nation's dominant culture
3)At peace(like most national decisions >_>)
4)stability of at least +1

When all of that is fulfilled, then you can enact the decision, which will switch your national culture to your capital's culture(IE your national culture is castillian, your capital has Bulgarian culture and is the dominant culture, you enact the decision, and BAM your national culture is now Bulgarian!

SpainOf course, your probably thinking that this empire is, well, sub-par for a Spanish empire: Galicia(although a vassal) and Granada are free, I don't have much expansion outside of the Iberian peninsula, and I own no colonies. You're also probably wondering who I used to form them-Portugal, Castille, or Aragon? Castille is out of the question, as they have a province on screen, Portugal is also out of the running as they have the Azores still, which leaves Aragon. And yet if you thought I formed them using Aragon, you would be so very very wrong. So who did I form them as? Well....

BEHOLD! IBERIAN AACHEN!

EU3_79.jpg

Wow this is amazing :D And I'm saying that as an Aachener myself.

EU3_79.jpg

I cannot fathom why you would form such a common nation with a mega Aachen... Regardless, I think an achievement like that should come with a real life +1 prestige boost 'Sir, forming Spain with Aachen happened to us' (Yeah, I've been playing too much recently...).

I cannot fathom why you would form such a common nation with a mega Aachen... Regardless, I think an achievement like that should come with a real life +1 prestige boost 'Sir, forming Spain with Aachen happened to us' (Yeah, I've been playing too much recently...).

I made a separate save before I moved my capital, so if I choose, I can always go back to playing as mega Aachen. It was just getting annoying that I couldn't do anything really because I had a grand total of 1 border conflict in the ENTIRE game, and that was my 1 expansion north into brabant territory, and even that came in the mid 1500's! Because of this, I realized that forming Germany would be pretty much impossible until I could get a strong base, and Iberia was rich for the taking with a vastly weakened Aragon and a very silly Castille who dow'd me even though i was guaranteed and allied with France at that moment, and then they did it again a few years later:wacko:

Pretty cool to see all of those different countries under one banner (Great Britain).

Yeah, it was a lot of fun after I found out what I want to do with the game. Some additional screens.

Two British North america an the British Aztek. Most of my provinces were from Castille.

British Milan and an earlier Great Britain. It is allways fun to guess where the game will put your name tag.

Another name tag screen. I own almost all of Africa, but British Afrika is shown on the smallest piece of land.

Over Europe you cannot see a single name. But there is a British Japan.

And three small screens: Army Limit, Income Overview and Number of Provinces

I did try to form the HRE in the end. I wanted to see that name all over the map. But they dared to decline my request.

Last edited:
I couldn't do anything against the german borders. I vasallized most of them as Emperor by law.
Poland blobbed like crazy and even started to colonize Sibiria. They broke apart, not my doing either. I released GH as a 6 province country. Everything else were presents from friendly rebels :D
You can't make a lot of good looking borders when releasing nations. They own cores or they don't.
The biggest problem is the religion. Every vasall you release has your religion. But the provinces still have their original religion. There were thousands of religios rebels and they reshaped the borders again, again and again. I surely did not give provinces in Northern Russia to Lan Xang, or who ever is that blue color next to Sibir.
The last reason is the problem of BB management. If you need to get your BB down 6 points, you release Champagne not France.