• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Milan-Hungary XD...
So how does WWI start then?
The heir to Milan-Hungary, Gian Galeazzo (soon to be XIV), was shot by a Tuscan assassin..?

Eu3: DW 5.1 + A mod which has only border changes
All settings are normal, no lucky nations.
1399 to 1440
aa9c1d5d39a1c1b19658435982d94.jpg

Yeah, it's really just pure guessing. All we see is which nations you aren't. We don't even know the year (some nations would have a harder time forming it earlier).
Bah, you're right! I probably should have given you guys a screenshot with the year. >.<
I'll say Navarra, though I'm pretty sure it was either Portugal or Castile (but people already said these, so I'll go with Navarra :p).

You colonized all of South America and the Caribbeans, Italy is still intact and France doesn't own Calais, so you have to be Iberian (with the exception of Aragon otherwise you'd also have chucks of Italy)!
THIS is the kind of analysis I was hoping people would make! A nice analysis resulting in the answer of Spain!

If you guys want to get technical and go with my original starting nation, then I began as Portugal, so props can go to the people who correctly guessed that, I suppose. The evolution of the Iberian peninsula was rather amusing. Castile evolved into Spain, I PU'd and inherited Spain, and a few years later I became Spain. :D. Thanks to that inheritance, the American hordes and Bohemia crusading in the Middle East, becoming the HRE was actually ridiculously easy. XP

EDIT: I probably should have saved a state of the world before I inherited . . . damn me. I should really think these things through a little better . . .

EDIT #2: I should also point out that the Hindustani HRE at the top of the page deserves much more praise than mine. :p

Last edited:
Sultan Karim Chandrashekar has not wasted time establishing the Glory his Dynasty in Persia:

His son is set to inherit the throne of the Mameluks as well. Besides continuing the Union with Mysorne of course.

Vijayanagar

Voila_Capture55.png

Voila_Capture54.png

Voila_Capture56.png

The Timurids are falling apart :blink:

I have marriages with Bihar, Pegu and Rajaputna. I annexed Orissa and Travancore by force. Mysore was annexed peacefully. I started grabbing land from Deccan and kicked their ass. I also started pretender rebels in Rajaputna :p and Maharastra nationalists. Those rebels you see are Orissi nationalists.

Oh, and the country of Tibet was forced into the Province of Bhutan. Then Bhutanese Nationalists rebelled in Tibet aka Bhutan. But they were defeated by Tibet in their own country.:blink:

Here's my Ottomans in 1593.

eu31i.png

This is only my second game of Divine Wind and I've never gotten to this point before. I'm aiming for WC without going above the BB limit, but I only have 57 more years of Holy Wars left, so I'm not sure how to do it. Any advice?

Some other points:
I'm making enough money that I can't westernize because I'm fairly close to the "ahead of its time" limit, so I'm still in the Ottoman tech group. Should I purposely drop below so I can switch?
In a few years the steppe hordes will be gone, split between myself and Ming.
I have QftNW and a few colonies in the new world.
How does the Imperialism CB work? As I said, I've never gotten past 1600 in a game before.

EU3_MAP_TUR_1593.1.17_1.png

EU3_MAP_TUR_1593.1.17_2.png

(First post!)

I've been playing this Brandenburg -> Prussia game for the past few days, and it's... gone fairly well. I was planning on forming Germany, but I think I'll save that for another playthrough. Guess I'll have to settle for "Emperor for Life".

I made some minor adjustments to the various tech groups to... make them more to my liking--mostly by upping the tech rate of non-latin tech groups. No other modifications.

2012-04-18_00001.jpg

My diplomatic map mode...

2012-04-18_00002.jpg

I... went a bit vassal-happy, as you can see. I even have finland up north vassalized. The Crimean Khanate and Flanders are junior partners in personal unions.

The HRE screen...
2012-04-18_00003.jpg

Vassalized electors, so I'm the Emperor for life, barring something drastic.

And finally, the world map.
EU3_MAP_PRU_171971_3.png

Nowhere near as impressive as most of you guys, but it's the first game that hasn't taken a turn south for me.

Last edited:
My Prussia game was much the same way. As Brandenburg, the only way I could fight anyone else was with vassals, and then I became the HRE. Then two imperial reforms made me hereditary ruler and ALL imperial states my vassals. I must admit though, it made forming and conquering Germany more difficult.

Also, look at all those colorful blotches in the Americas. Is that the Inca in southern Brazil?