• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I like the ideas of MEIOU but I can not for the life of me stand the UI. It looks bloated and way too fancy, even though it doesn't actually change the layout of the original.

Here's my game right after FINALLY forming Germany. I had to sail to North America to get the last electors capital! Too bad the world looks like poop, border-wise.

g5Nxm.jpg

Pg9bQ.jpg

Oh, that yellow on the British Isles? Not Scotland but the Gaelic Highlands!

Ok, playing d&t mod, started as one province minor of Florence, so here i am in the year 1477, i've looked like this for about 5-6 years. I can form Italy but i will wait a few years and gather up some more territory and then take on Austria, which is in a PU under Brunswick.

@Arimahn and ferben - in both your games Byzantium is fairly successful. Is that normal in D&T or is it just coincidence?

The Byzantines get a Resist the Turk bonus and such but D&T removed the blockable strait between Thrace and Asia Minor so it it's pretty hard to pull that off, moreso for the AI.

I like the ideas of MEIOU but I can not for the life of me stand the UI. It looks bloated and way too fancy, even though it doesn't actually change the layout of the original.

Here's my game right after FINALLY forming Germany. I had to sail to North America to get the last electors capital! Too bad the world looks like poop, border-wise.

g5Nxm.jpg

Pg9bQ.jpg

Oh, that yellow on the British Isles? Not Scotland but the Gaelic Highlands!

is that epic Georgia? :eek:

The final state of my Germany game. I tried to make the borders as pretty as possible but there is only so much you can do with annexing and selling to other people.

Smashing the HRE was a bit of a grind but the rewards, i.e. TOTAL DOMINATION OF EUROPE, were worth it.

Oh and Navarra? They've been like that for about 300 years. They're also reformed while everyone around them is catholic.

Colonies are all over the place. I think Austria lives on in some forgotten african hellhole (How fitting...) and the blue provinces in Asia might be Sweden.

Epirus -> Greece in MEIOU 5.1

GreeceEurope.jpg

GreeceReligion.jpg

GreeceDiplomatic.jpg

GreeceOceania.jpg

This game never got easy until about 1550 when I finally reached full free trade and boosted my economy through post offices and foreign markets. At it's height my inflation was 28% and I just couldn't catch a lucky break. I didn't get the -one- core I needed for Greece until 1500 (cores are got through event with MTTH of 250 years in MEIOU)

I'm used to playing Western powers, didn't know that eastern lands could be so piss poor. You jump for joy at a 5-tax province that doesn't deal in wool.

Small update on my Florence campaign. I just diplo annexed Mantua, only province that's not part of me in italy is Venice. So should i take it or leave poor venice?

This was my 3rd EU3 game as the Papal States. My main objective here was to spread Christendom and crush the reformation, not to conquer a large territory. So whenever I conquered a sizeable amount of land I would release a vassal, in the end I had created a Confederation of God.

There was not a single non Catholic Christian nation left when the game ended, though there are some remnant provinces. I got really scared when 7 years before the game ended the UK decided for some reason to become protestant.

The full extent of my Confederation. My vassals are: Achea, Tripoli, Bosnia, Armenia, the Knighs, Romania,Paraguay,Quebec, Netherlands, Canada and the USA.

Last edited: