• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Vijay -> Hindustan.

My first ever India game and I am amazed at how easy it has been. Those cores are so, so overpowered.

Anyway, it's only 1483. Where to go from here?

Or if you want something easier (than what the others said) conquer your way and create the British-Indian borders.
(Pakistan, Myanmar)..

Vijay -> Hindustan.

[PIC]

My first ever India game and I am amazed at how easy it has been. Those cores are so, so overpowered.

Anyway, it's only 1483. Where to go from here?

The Indo-Chinese Empire.

You will have failed the game if everything visible in that screenshot is not incorporated into Hindustan. As my DW key is invalid, can someone please post the Hindustan flag from the avatars for me?

I have 11 COTs with monopolies in all. All but 2 have values above 800. Currently Tariffs are 60%. To reach 100% I need somewhere between 200-150 more ships, which is within my Naval Force Limits, but is obviously expensive. I currently only have 7 provinces with level 6 naval buildings. I have docks on all European territories (except for a couple of new ones), but very few colonies have them. I just don't have the magistrates for that. Barely half of my American colonies have forts, just because I can't spend all my magistrates on that. I have been spamming trade buildings in my colonies with coffee, tobacco and copper as they have the highest values, but even with only those targets, half have level 6 buildings and the other half have level 2. The other colonies are barren. Inflation is ~9%. I realize that I have problems that are due to not setting up my economy properly a long time ago, but do you have any suggestions?

Welp, I had written a huge post but it got eaten up by the idiotic connection in this cafe :mad:

Anyway, here's the main lines of what I written :

Build naval buildings level 4 (or 5 and 6 if you can) in a few provinces for maximum ships production
Build naval building level 1 (docks) in all your colonies with tariff for a 25% boost to production.
Build production building level 3 in all your colonies for another 25% boost to production.
Use all remaining money not spent on magistrates at the end of a year to build light ships (do not build galleys or transports as they do not count toward sea lane protection).
Try to bring your inflation down by -0.10 a year if you can afford to (national bank + a Master of Mint should enable you to do so without losing too much income to do the rest of this list).

I would suggest making a new save file just to examine the difference. Thus take note of your investment total in your finance screen and compare 10 years down the line by doing this. I think having caught up in tech and being host to a powerful economy would be a decent end goal for the game. I'd love if you could PM me the results of this, as I'm no expert in Eu3 and would love to know if what I said is worthwhile ;) It seems to make sense in any case! Having gotten myself out of an ugly economic pit in this game, by expanding too fast and forgetting to consolidate my economy, I absolutely believe that you can save this game with the time you have left.

/edit/
Oh, another thing that I forgot to mention : if you do not mind not having a particular edge in any given tech field, since you should be able to field pretty strong armies in any case, you should be able to put all sliders in the tech investment window at equal value.

I'm going to have a lot of colonizing to do....

occupied-timmies.png

Formed Mughals as Chagatai. The Timurids were always my friends (huge war subsidies!) until I settled down. After that we fought many a war, mostly quite inconclusively. The Timmies were doing quite well but then the poor buggers got into conflict with a bunch of Western nations like Portugal, Castille and England. They managed, but got weakened enough for me to occupy them like this.

I think I'll colonize to Samarkand etc. and then work my way down into Persia.

settling down as a horde = ultimate backstab

settling down as a horde = ultimate backstab

Yeah, I felt kinda bad for the Timurids :(. Also, I was in the middle of some horde vs settled wars when I settled, and thus got into even more wars (settled vs horde) :wacko:. Luckily I was surrounded by only weak nations (except Timurids).

Welp, I had written a huge post but it got eaten up by the idiotic connection in this cafe :mad:

Anyway, here's the main lines of what I written :

Build naval buildings level 4 (or 5 and 6 if you can) in a few provinces for maximum ships production
Build naval building level 1 (docks) in all your colonies with tariff for a 25% boost to production.
Build production building level 3 in all your colonies for another 25% boost to production.
Use all remaining money not spent on magistrates at the end of a year to build light ships (do not build galleys or transports as they do not count toward sea lane protection).
Try to bring your inflation down by -0.10 a year if you can afford to (national bank + a Master of Mint should enable you to do so without losing too much income to do the rest of this list).

I would suggest making a new save file just to examine the difference. Thus take note of your investment total in your finance screen and compare 10 years down the line by doing this. I think having caught up in tech and being host to a powerful economy would be a decent end goal for the game. I'd love if you could PM me the results of this, as I'm no expert in Eu3 and would love to know if what I said is worthwhile ;) It seems to make sense in any case! Having gotten myself out of an ugly economic pit in this game, by expanding too fast and forgetting to consolidate my economy, I absolutely believe that you can save this game with the time you have left.

/edit/
Oh, another thing that I forgot to mention : if you do not mind not having a particular edge in any given tech field, since you should be able to field pretty strong armies in any case, you should be able to put all sliders in the tech investment window at equal value.

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a shot and PM you the results. Here's hoping. :)

Occultus Orbis Terrestre mod, 1399 start:

122423763-4.jpg

Leading a PU with France (not reaaally interested in inheritance, I mainly took them so I could beat up Austria and whoever else wanted some); claimed Sicily's throne - gonna have to fight Poland-Lithuania in a succession war; allied with Portugal and Switzerland; have Tirol, Corsica, Croatia, Ragusa, Bosnia, Montenegro, Florence, Ferrara, Urbino and Mantua as vassals; kicked the Pope out of Italy; and all the land I own is cored. Going pretty nicely so far, I think ;D Now I just need cores on those Italian minors and I'll be able to form Italy, any ideas on easy ways to do this?

EDIT: and now the German Pope is my vassal too :)<

Last edited:
I orginally was'nt planning on putting a picture of this game up until the end year YET! sadly my save wont go past 1568 :mad: ( I wanted to use this save eventually in vicky )

In this game i'm playing as Circassia a union nation of the caucus mountain people ( Ossentian, Chechen, Avar ).
Color - Green
Location - Black Sea/ Caucus Mountains, Romania
Religion - Buddhist
Gov - Noble Republic
Year - 1568
tech - Westernized
Owns two rich cots Astrakhan and Kefe
7th richest country
Most of Crimea is now Circassian cultured
Allies - Mordovia
EU3_MAP_CIR_156811_1.jpg

Side note : this is a mod of miscmods. I've added many new nations and cultures i believed were missing. Also I've added a new bookmark where the Mongolia Empire spread Buddhism. This creates some pretty interesting developments with half of Russia being orthodox and half being Buddhist.

This is my papal states game where I have united Italy in the year 1585. All my land is catholic and also Iraq, Kanem Bournu, Lebanon and Tunisia are all catholic theocracies under my rule.
EU3_MAP_PAP_158511_1.jpg

Also most of Central Asia was converted to Hinduism by Raj.

EU3_MAP_HSA_17401114_1.jpg
This is my Hanseatic Empire, it took a while to build. Initially I just got a few horrible provinces from boundary disputes, but I manage to get conquer our neighbours repeatedly on Denmark and then Sweden once I got Skane. I used trade disputes to vassalise most of the Empire, became a feudal monarchy and then emperor. I took Genoa, waited for it to core and then I ripped Austria apart who had most of Hungary, Italy and Bavaria. I then released about half my vassals apart from Trier and diploannexed Brandenburg, and went on a PU hunt with spies and claims on thrones, and its taken me about 200 years to actually inherit to form Germany. I also somehow got a lucky personal union with Russia who broke it two times and tried to many more times over about 200 years, but after a while I just got a massive army and put them down.
My borders are quite ugly but I've been using imperialism to take over France instead of Germany because of the infamy from being in the HRE.
I'm going to mod my game slightly because for some reason Russia lost its cores on Siberia even though it had Orthodox religion and Russian culture, and I don't want to deal with rebellions from Finistere to Irkutsk.

Heres my current, not quite yet Empire, Brandenburg game:

Leading PU with Nitra (Slovaks), maintaining Luneburg as loyal vassal (just got core on them will annex soon), and yes, AI Novgorod actually managed to form Russia -> their 9 DIP ruler got incredibly lucky and through some rebel bug managed to get most of collapsed Moscovy and so we now have a Russia!

This is my Wallachia->Romania game. The luckiest game I played. By 1401 Thrace suddenly defected to me for unknown reason. Probably religious rebels...
Then still as a three province minor I got the chance to force-PU Hungary who lost all their forces in various wars :) That secured me all the provinces needed for Romania for later. I had to inherit Hungary and wait 50 years... so what? I could have been easily gangraped by Ottos by 1400...
When I actually did inherit them along with Croatia, powerfull! Georgia and France! - (France out of sheer luck) at the same time I managed to become invincible and free to blob as I like. I immediately released France as a vassal only to annex them few decades later - they just couldn't control their own rebels and i had to have two of my stacks defending France anyway. Omnomnom then...
Next plan is to unify Europe or finish the game trying. But as always I kinda lose interest in playing on once I become virtually unbeatable and there's no threat in the world for me anymore. Everything is cored minus few recently gained horde provinces. Never westernised. Actually never was able to as I lead the world in tech. Four or five European nations are still catholic. I force-converted just for the lulz quite a lot :)
Nov&#253; rastrov&#253; obr&#225;zek.jpg