• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks! :) It went pretty well for a first try!

Yeah, my economy isn't that great. I never really appreciated the effect buildings could have until late in the game, by which time I was too far behind.

Well, remember, build buildings, even if it would cost you minting - ofc. IF you got any magistrates.

Of course, if you take all of Africa, have 19 inflation and little income you will lag behind in tech. Not a great accomplishment.

Well, taking whole africe is kinda accomplishment... but if any european would attack him, he propably would die...

My first "serious" game:

f23seu.png

Well, nice work, but :
You should try to PU Hungary and Bohemia instead of conquering them.
You should not allow ukraine to be spawned.
Did you used missions to get cores on danzig and warmia? If you are at war with TO, and you cancel mission/manage to end current one, you may get mission to conquer danzig, from which you get cores... it is good, as it allows you to build a COT on danzig.

Well, I know that diplomacy (PU etc.) is a great way to expand empire in EU3, but I tend to use my soldiers to do it. Besides Bohemia and Hungary attacked me soon after game started, so I just took their provinces in revenge. I already have cores there.
Missions to get cores in Gdansk and Warmia? They had problems (war with someone) so I invaded them and took it. I'll have cores there in few years. And I already have a CoT there without having core.

With more diplomatic approach I could have better empire, but I like my way. Create an army, get CB, invade, take what you want. Wait for infamy to drop, find another victim, continue.

No, after I got provinces I wanted I completely lost interest in TO. I let them live as they want (I have a mission to vassalize them, but I don't care about it). When I decide it's the time - I'll invade them, but it's not the time yet. Ukraine is my top priority right now. Then Polotsk and Smolensk. After that - probably Ottomans and Golden Horde. I'd love to invade westward, but this "A formal request" or something like that from HRE is pathetic and completely ruins gameplay. Huge empire loosing stability for denying HRE request? WHY?

Well you get mission to vassalize them. And having them vassalized, give you half their tax income, and their army at your command. Also if you use subjugation CB from the mission, you get them vassalized for 0 infamy. It does not worth to conquer them, as only 1 of their provinces(osterprussen) give decent tax, and all got low value trade goods.

No, after I got provinces I wanted I completely lost interest in TO. I let them live as they want (I have a mission to vassalize them, but I don't care about it). When I decide it's the time - I'll invade them, but it's not the time yet. Ukraine is my top priority right now. Then Polotsk and Smolensk. After that - probably Ottomans and Golden Horde. I'd love to invade westward, but this "A formal request" or something like that from HRE is pathetic and completely ruins gameplay. Huge empire loosing stability for denying HRE request? WHY?

Whenever you take a province from the Empire make sure you remove it from the Empire (under provincial decisions) right away. You won't get that event again.

Well, nice work, but :
You should try to PU Hungary and Bohemia instead of conquering them.
Did you used missions to get cores on danzig and warmia? If you are at war with TO, and you cancel mission/manage to end current one, you may get mission to conquer danzig, from which you get cores... it is good, as it allows you to build a COT on danzig.

You do realize that not everyone enjoys playing exactly the same way as you? Because you keep offering serious advice that caters to a small minority of players' playstyles.

PUing is a mostly MP tactic. In MP you need to expand fast and if you can do that without infamy and with cores it's much better.
On the other hand in MP blobbing is kinda limited.

I can understand the appeal of forming Great Britain as Ireland, turning poles into germs or converting china to islam :rofl:

But when I play, I tend to try to form a vassal united bavaria, saxony, hannover, elsass, prussia, brandenburg, austria, netherlands, milan, papal states, switzerland, provence, guyane, britany, silesia and serbia while partitioning poland between hungary, prussia, silesia and brandenburg and bohemia between saxony, silesia, bavaria and austria, denmark between hanover and hanover( :rofl: ) so they can turn their provinces to their cultures :rofl:

What do you mean it's the same ? :rofl:

Okay, I gotta ask this but what does it matter if Ukraine spawns or not? Isn't it actually better if they do spawn, so Poland can take advantage of their likely tribal government with the Tribal Conquest CB? Heck, you should actually butter them up! Help them build up, then backstab them later on and take Ukrainian lands for cheap infamy!

Okay, I gotta ask this but what does it matter if Ukraine spawns or not? Isn't it actually better if they do spawn, so Poland can take advantage of their likely tribal government with the Tribal Conquest CB? Heck, you should actually butter them up! Help them build up, then backstab them later on and take Ukrainian lands for cheap infamy!

*Look at your comment. Look at your flag.*

I see ! :rofl:

Ukraine spawns when Lithuania is torn apart. Andat the beginning of the game Poland is in PU with Lithuania. So if you allow Ukraine to spawn, you loose land that you would be able to gain peacefully by just annexing Lithuania.

In my game Lithuania broke into three countries - Lithuania "proper", Polotsk and Ukraine. I annexed Lithuania (two wars) and half of Polotsk (other half went to Ukraine and Polotsk have only one province left). Now only Poland and Ukraine matters there. Ukraine is too big (9 provinces) to be taken in one war (I have high infamy), so I'll have to spend some time and at least two wars to conquer them.

So it's much harder and time consuming than holding Lithuania in PU and annexing them peacefully. At least harder for a new player.

@Voltigeurs: I'm not exactly sure what just happened I'm supposed to be seeing . . . real-life conquest of Native Americans? If so, my evil, cunning gameplay ways do not reflect my real-world opinions. :D

@Aquila: Oooh, Ukraine's a splinter of Lithuania? You know, for some reason, I've never actually noticed that. Alright, now I understand where Iwanow was coming from. I should really play a nation in that part of the world. >.>.

Well, there's that too, but I'm mostly refering to the dictators america created in foreign countries before invading them like sadam in irak(poor lad got invaded twice by its former employer) :rofl:

Then again, I guess that's a british trait, fund your enemy enemy and when he's no longer any use, rape him...or sparkle a cold war if you funded him too much :rofl:

Shining Exemple : British funding of french enemies during the napoleonic era :rofl:

Bad Exemple : American aid to Soviet Union during World War II :rofl: