• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As you can guess, this is a HTTT screen because my computer can't run DW

I9d4F.png

I was Naples untill 1455, then I swiched to Holland. I took most of Italy as Naples, but when the AI took over he got attacked by Bohemia (who has blobbed alot) and the Pope (more about that later). After that war rebels took most of Naples's land, and now it slapfights with the Pope. As Holland I got a CoT in my cap, and then got boundary disputes on the 2 provinces needed to make Netherlands, plus got Brabant as a vassal, and the rest of the Netherlands broke off as Flanders, who I Annexed.

France, Bohemia, Sweden, and the Ottomans have all blobbed nicely, Russia has formed aswell. England has formed into GB, and I inherited southern Ireland. THe Hansa and Genoa were both really at one point (Hansa had all of Denmark and alot of the minors nearby, Genoa had Savoy, Urkrine, Venice and the Balearic islands) somehow, but lost it all to rebels.

HWDsj.jpg

My Byzantine empire, i tried to make the borders nice, but things never turn out the way you plan them.

Fixed for you

Nice-looking, almost exactly historical borders in EU3? It can't be true. :eek:

Well, I may just have, ah, fiddled with the AI on occasion to prevent or undo truly messy borders. What's surprising is that despite that, not all those nice borders are my doing. But the borders aren't as historical as you'd think. Look at independent Poland, Lithuania, Northern Italy, Greece and Georgia, to start with. Some things that the AI did by itself: the Habsburgs held the Spanish throne, the Avis are still in Portugal, and the Hohenzollerns in Brandenburg/Prussia.

And of course the 350-year strong British Royal House of Tudor. :cool:

attachment.php

Not a really surprising empire, but still...

"Why go outside? Minister, let those barbarians left their tributes, oh and who gave the most will have a honor to bow to me..."
attachment.php

Ming Empire with its vassels, some of vassels are forces, some are persuaded, some are released. They are : Nepal, Bhutan, Assam, Tangu, Shan, Ayuhatta, Laos, Khmer, Malacca, Aech, Brunei, Ryukyu, Japan, Korean and an OPM I cant remember their name:eek:o
The Islands of Philippine are all taken from westerners(Spain/Portugal/Aquellia) and then given to Ryukyu king. Hokkaido, Guam is colonized by me and given to Japan (I diplo-annexed Japan when Daimyos still existed and then waged a long long "nterference war", and I tagged once to unite it faster). The borders of most of my vassels were re-arranged. And the Manchu was inherited (they've extended into exterior-mongolia, that still saved alot of work )
Never touched africa, america or europe to westernize, all done in asia (I waited until 1700s and finally Nizil Novgrod and Aquellia reached some place around me...)
I lead the politic/land tech at the end period of game.

DW 5.1
Next time I'd try making more barbarians to obey the celestial empire (Hey!it's Ming:p)

Something interesting outside the "Chinese world":
Vij, Rajputs and Bihar had all once controlled almost of India, but finally all fell. Vij was the nearest to Hindustan (they only need Ceylon, due to bureaucrates was the 50%leading faction at that time I can't help:(), Bihar was the first dominating power there, ruined by me I took Nepla and Bhutan to protect my south-western borded.
MOST of American post-colony era countries were formed, well, not all in correct positions...:rofl:
As the successor of the all-migthy-early-game-empire Jalayrids, Khorasan is very successful as AI, but too big, too ugly to vasselize and too difficult to re-arrange, but their poor technology will ruin them when whoever decide to attack.

Oh, and, I have to say the description text of temple faction is stupid (this is the most polite word I can find, I'm a Buddhist myself:mad:).

Last edited:
Whoa Japan formed?

attachment.php

This is my first game, as Burgundy, on very easy. Just trying to figure out how to play so far. Any advice on where I should keep my badboy? Is it really bad that it approached 35 at some points? Also, I've been puppetting (sp?) a lot of German OPMs/2PMs that made the stupid mistake of going to war with me and demanding money from me. Is that a bad idea? At this point, any advice on what to do next? I'm waiting for more border friction with France or some other good casus belli. Once I do that, it's time to maul France again. And yes, that's Karaman in Italy. I'm Defender of the Faith so I may declare war on them to help purge Italy of the Muslims.

Edit: Vassalizing, not puppetting. I've been playing too much HoI3 and vassalizing and puppetting seem kind of similar to me. What are the major differences?

Attachments

• eu3game 2011-08-08 20-49-44-66.png
    eu3game 2011-08-08 20-49-44-66.png
    2,8 MB · Views: 1.442
Last edited: