• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Roger that.

Still just under 100 years to go, I'm gonna try to solidify my hold on South England/North France, the Bosphorous Sound, Sinai, Rome, and the Baltic Sound (maybe). At this stage I'm so far ahead in tech and income that there really isn't going to be an 'end game boss', so unfortunately it looks like I'm just gonna have to coast on through to the end, which is unfortunate because for a while there Portugal (who got owned by Burgundy), Burgundy (who got owned by me), and Bohemia (who got owned by themselves) looked like they would be worthy foes; I even baited the Oirats into taking a nice line of provinces for me to perma-occupy to protect me and my vassals from Blobhemia. Was still a fun game; kicked the Europeans out of America and managed to keep my culture as the overwhelming majority (90%+), kept the Europeans out of East Russia / Oceania completely, and took all of the 'key locations' of Eurasia: An Indian trade port, Thrace, Cape Town, Singapore, Gibraltar, Dover + all the little islands in the Atlantic/Pacific/Indian Oceans (bar 3).

I'd take japan and call it a day

There is also the building owned by the Knights of St. John which still counts as sovereign territory. Of course, most of the micro-states are also monarchies, of which Europe still has twelve.

My Holy Roman Empire in 1820 (formed by Lithuania):

Things of note:
- Great Britain, England, Scotland and Wales all exist.
- Portugal has been booted out of Europe and is now in Africa.
- Naples and Brittany had also been kicked out of Europe but have reappeared in Malta and Norway/Scotland respectively.
- Mega Iraq.

My Holy Roman Empire in 1820 (formed by Lithuania):

Things of note:

- Portugal has been booted out of Europe and is now in Africa.
How historical! When there is a large European power, the King of Portugal moves his court to Brazil!

Update on my Epic Russian game:

As requested, i have cleaned my borders. Everything around me is either guaranteed or warned. I have royal marriage with all European powers, including Habsburgs in Austria and Brandenburg. I have excellent relations with Milan, England and France.

Ottomans have started colonizing eastern Africa.

Milan is about to form Lombardy, just need 1 more province.

N.America is being colonized by Portugal and England. Portugal has reached the great lakes. England is focused on Canada.

Ottomans are POWERFUL, i cant take beat them without getting myself in a BAD position.

dat font...

Awesome Russia! But that annoying Ottoman blimp in Crimea hurts my eyes..

Destroy somehow ottomans and make Jalayarids replace them
Please :(

dat font...

Awesome Russia! But that annoying Ottoman blimp in Crimea hurts my eyes..

I think that font looks much better than vanilla, but that could be just me, i guess.

Unfortunately, there is little i can do about Ottomaniacs right now, since they would pretty much beat me at this point, as they are allied to half of the Muslim world that is only a few land techs behind me. And compared to vanilla tech per tech they have roughly the same quality units as westerners (as i do i for the most part).

Destroy somehow ottomans and make Jalayarids replace them
Please :(

I would but they refuse to fight each other >.< It started with Ottomans joining Jala led gang bang vagon on GH, and from then to right now theyve been best buddies.

Well the fact it is teached, it does not mean people learn this.

Yep, its not that they dont teach us, god knows they try, its just that we dont really care that much about things that dont matter in our lives. For example, someone living in Germany will have a pretty good understanding of countries around Germany, because thats the sphere of influence of their culture. At the same time average person will know locations of couple of cities in Russia (rough at least) and their names, but still most of Russia will be "here be dragons" in their mind, much the same as average Russian will know most cities from Moscow to Vladivostok with names of capitals of most former Soviet republics (all the -stans around them), while their knowledge of Europe (specially west) will probably be restricted to capitals and cities that have good football clubs. Its a normal thing i think.

Finished off that Brandenburg -> Prussia -> Germany game. For the most part, anyway.

Germany.png

World View...
EU3_MAP_GER_178511_3.png

Vassal View...
EU3_MAP_GER_178511_2.png

I also finished up an Ottoman Empire game I had sitting around. Nothing too spectacular, though the new world is... well, you'll see.

EU3_3.png

About the same size as the RL Ottoman Empire at its greatest extent, or in that general area, I think. Thanks to an Alliance from a blobbing HRE Bohemia and Hungary--the latter of which is also my ally(!?)--I wasn't able to make much headway into Europe.

World view...
EU3_MAP_TUR_182418_1.png

Yes, that's Bohemia in Scandinavia. They got that far not by relying on military conquest, but by relying on marital conquest--that is, they inherited almost everything between them and where Finland used to be, except for Finland itself, which they conquered.

And that new world... seriously. Quebec in the midwest, Canada in the Caribbean, Cuba in Florida... it's a freakin' madhouse over there. Anyway... vassal view...

EU3_MAP_TUR_182418_2.png

My vassals include...

Sardinia, the Papal States (they own those territories in Africa and Newfoundland), Florence, Persia, and Moldavia.

That New World in your Germany game is almost historical... if you avoid nitpicking...

I decided to help Minamoto form Japan because they were so close already:

This is them before I intervened:
124046423-4.jpg

And then finally, I after I PU/Inherited Tachi and Annexed Fujiwara they formed Japan:
124046473-4.jpg
Now to PU/Inherit them :cool:

Dear gentleman, I present you Kingom of Poland (on hard difficult, beta 5.2).
Year is 1600, still 200 years to go.
EU3_MAP_POL_160087_3.jpg

I focused on creating trade and some colonization rather than mad expansion into steppes.Im westernized but not modernized, as there is no need for that right now.Here is map of the world :
EU3_MAP_POL_160087_1.jpg

Americas are big mess, there is so much wars there that colonies pass from hand to hand in seconds.Let's take a close look at Europe :
EU3_6-1.jpg

France Keeps fighting with Austria and Castille, Castille fails, Austria fails less.Netherland are strong and even kicked France. Portugal inherited Burgundy like 100 years ago and is doing fine.War between Castille and GB resulted with united Ireland, which then collapsed into minor duchies.Sweden is colonising madly.Ottoman empire with biggest army and big income are superpower.
The reason why muslim nations dont fall is :
EU3_5-3.jpg

Everyone is doing nicely with techs, Ottomans, Morocco, even Tunisia are all better than my Lithuania ...

EQ6e0.png

Formed as Tyrone in Death & Taxes. I don't even know how.
Its Asian ambitions smashed by defeats from a Chinese grand coalition, the HRE awaits the inheritance of Russia and Castille.

Last edited: