• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ulm is a funny word.

Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm Ulm

I've said "Ulm" out lout so many times it doesn't seem like a real word anymore! haha

stoner detected =D

and what nation were you playing? lol you forgot the most important info.

Hawaii. Not that it matters since it's hands-off. Hawaii's out of the way so I don't have to worry about getting annexed while letting the game run on its own.

Whenever i see AI form Russia, it almost brings tears to my eyes from sheer shock and awe! Chances of that happening is like chances of life forming on Earth millions years ago XD

First time i saw that Georgia, it took like 5 seconds for my brain-eyes to coordinate whats going on, as the conclusion at first glance was "this must me some distorted world-map mod, there is no way this is Georgia" :D

This one is more funny than impressive, "what happens in Spain, when Castille fails?":

I once saw a one-province Russia form. Didn't last long. o_O

Because the Mameluks, who are a Tribal government, start out strong and owning Syria and generally expand into Iraq(owned by the Jayalarids(sp)) and then the stars aline and they get themselves into a particularly long or hard war, often with the Iberian powers, and their leader kicks it and a succession crisis that happens at every leads death in a tribal government adds to that bad situation and they fall and Syria and Iraq spring to life. Often the Jayalarids weren't totally consumed so they can't revolt, plus they're mongol and their provinces(unless they change them) are Iraqi Arab so arab patriots dont generally go back to them.

Why didn't this happen in real life? It's my understanding that the Ottomans were strong enough at the time to swoop in during the succession crisis and basically seize the whole kit and caboodle. The Ottomans generally don't play that role as they tend to under perform.

And for some reason they seem to often choose to blob into Russia rather than go after Europe or take the Mamaluke territories.

zlt389.jpg

It's currently 1588, and I'm Byzantium, if that wasn't already extremely obvious. I'm currently allied with that large Muscowy, and Austria, who is the Emperor.

I'm also leading a personal Union with Great Britain. So, things are going pretty well.

:eek: ................how........why..........teach me.

I'd even surprise you more if I told you that I finished the game controlling all of France. I could have annexed some regions right before 1821. After all the infamy wouldn't matter at the end of the game but I considered that as cheating. :)

I ended that game with only 29 infamy and I got over the infamy limit only once.

If you have some precise questions. They're all welcome.

im thinking that a tunisia game wouldn't turn out to be all that hard...Tripoli is a weak neighbor, and with OPMs in most of the rich italy, it gives you a good opportunity to invade. But im sure your way was better.

Why Iberia/GH instead of West Africa/India ? :D Borders would be bettar

Good question. :)

The GH conquest was for one reason. They were nomad, so I could grab more land without bothering about infamy. :p

Iberia... It was actually by the end of the game. I had to make a choice about my final victim. :p India was a mess, I couldn't annex it with just one war. I was running out of time and had to attack one faction so it was between Sokoto and Spain... I think I went for glory! :)

Anyway, even though it looked like a great game, I've learned lots of new things and think I'll do very much better in my next campaign. I promise that I'll put more effort on the borders aesthetics. :D

im thinking that a tunisia game wouldn't turn out to be all that hard...Tripoli is a weak neighbor, and with OPMs in most of the rich italy, it gives you a good opportunity to invade. But im sure your way was better.

That would be an interesting start! Some sort of Carthaginian revenge. :p

There are some challenges though:
- Tunisia is a tribe, you can't expand a lot until you reform the government
- Westernize is vital and it's very difficult to achieve
- Being Muslim, you can't form alliances with the Christian powers (Is that possible? I never managed to do so) so it will be most likely a free-for-all game once in Europe. :D

I will see what I can do. Long live Tunisia!! :D

That would be an interesting start! Some sort of Carthaginian revenge. :p

There are some challenges though:
- Tunisia is a tribe, you can't expand a lot until you reform the government
- Westernize is vital and it's very difficult to achieve
- Being Muslim, you can't form alliances with the Christian powers (Is that possible? I never managed to do so) so it will be most likely a free-for-all game once in Europe. :D

I will see what I can do. Long live Tunisia!! :D

*starts worshipping TIENES* I'm not worthy!

I tried Tunisa once, all I got was Tripoli then Castille looked at me hungrily.

You could always ally with other Muslim countries (Ottomans, Mamluks or Morocco/Algiers seem like good choices). If you manage to get an alliance with the Ottomans, you could essentially invade Europe on two fronts at once, you from the south, them from the Balkans.

Of course you can only do this if you don't plan to destroy the Ottomans, which you apparently did. ;)

Good question. :)

The GH conquest was for one reason. They were nomad, so I could grab more land without bothering about infamy. :p

Iberia... It was actually by the end of the game. I had to make a choice about my final victim. :p India was a mess, I couldn't annex it with just one war. I was running out of time and had to attack one faction so it was between Sokoto and Spain... I think I went for glory! :)

Anyway, even though it looked like a great game, I've learned lots of new things and think I'll do very much better in my next campaign. I promise that I'll put more effort on the borders aesthetics. :D

You better do, or you'll get lynched

I'm trying to follow your plan but I had a problem with Sicily.

eu3game2011030222520089.png

Can anyone tell me why I can't negotiate a peace treaty with Sicily? Does it have something to do with them being member of the Genoese trade league? I could negotiate peace treaties with many members of this war (Navarra, France, Savoy) so why not them?! :confused:

I'm trying to follow your plan but I had a problem with Sicily.

*snyppe*

Can anyone tell me why I can't negotiate a peace treaty with Sicily? Does it have something to do with them being member of the Genoese trade league? I could negotiate peace treaties with many members of this war (Navarra, France, Savoy) so why not them?! :confused:

Personal union with Austria. The tooltip says as much.

Personal union with Austria. The tooltip says as much.

And what does that mean? Sorry I'm new to the game and never experienced anything like that.

All I know is royal marriages, vassals, allies. Anyway, is there a way to break this personal union? I mean, what would you do in my situation? I need Sicily!! :p