• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
One-upmanship time!!!

Here's my colonial Korea, 1605:

EU3_MAP_KOR_160596_2.jpg

Westernised and modernised a fair while ago, currently working on securing the American coastline from the European colonisers. Here are a few in-game screens:

Religious mapmode of Eurasia (notable features, massive protestant Bohemia, massive Confucian Vijayanagar [my doing]):
123383938-4.jpg

The many formless blobs of Europe:
123383886-4.jpg

Tech map mode of me vs my European enemies:
123383950-4.jpg
I haven't touched this game in a while, but I might continue it and finish it off. If I was to keep playing, I'd like to move my capital to the Americas and finish colonising them, inherit Vijayanagar (probably release for moar vassalz) and then go and stomp the Europeans or something.

Wooooooo, the capital of Aachen is now in the Sinai Peninsula! :)

yh8Wg.jpg

The main portion of Aachen (still says "Aachener Asia", but I imagine that will change come next month):

GPGIp.jpg

The ancestral homeland is looking lonely :(

a3u1p.jpg

Full size images here, here, and here.

I practically begged my neighbors (in Europe) to go to war with me so that I could get rid of the one province (Koln) that was attached to the old capital, but they just wouldn't take the bait. And nobody wanted to buy it, I couldn't release it, etc. Finally I got a trade dispute against Burgundy, and so went to war with them and then intentionally lost. I've got a core on Koln, though, and I intend to take it back :)

make the jerusalem kingdom and take good care of it.

Or you can lose a war on purpose , say to Algiers , and offer to release Cologne in the deal , if they still got their core on it :D

Here's my Colonialist Korea, 1660:

245fpn5.jpg

I started out by colonizing Taiwan and Hokkaido, then the wastes North of Manchuria, which I proceeded to annex with Japanese help. I continued the colonization efforts in the North, and am now securing the most that I can get from the overextending Barbarian hordes. Then, I went into colonizing the Pacific Islands and South-East Asia. Soon, I'll be able to get Alaska before the Castillians work their way up from California.

I am very eager to get Westernization done though, before the Europeans start picking on me.

It would have been great if you had one of these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtle_ship

The Turtle ship, also known as Geobukseon or Kobukson (거북선), was a type of large warship belonging to the Panokseon class in Korea that was used intermittently by the Royal Korean Navy during the Joseon Dynasty from the early 15th century up until the 19th century.

The First Ironclad ship...

Last edited:
33l1sbb.png

The Principality of Austria, 1404. Started in 1393. (with a lot of vassals in the HRE)
Screenshot of Europe:
2wn68lu.png

Phase one of my empire is complete.

I turned the Ottoman Empire into a pure Gazi state - conquering and converting into Europe, then releasing converted vassals behind me to keep infamy down, owning just the frontline provinces, plus Constantinople. The Castillans must have been mighty surprised to find a new Muslim reconquista starting from the north just as they were taking over Granada.

EU3_3.jpg

All of Europe has been converted and is my vassal, with Brunswick being my northern border and Poland my eastern. Then, I moved my capital to Granada and formed Al-Andalus.

EU3_MAP_ALA_1545411_3.jpg

Continue of our DAO Lite v1.0 multiplayer:

Today we were 7 people. All strong countries were human. Also todaya I was under heavy press. GB keeps me blockading that gives all coastal provinces -75% tax. Nearly all countries became hostile to me. Even Spain, my natural ally against France and GB, declerad war on me. I invaded Russia and took some lands.
7306b2729083acda974fa00728246.jpg

fb298d09356916885ca381a1bcf7f.png

4b2dd462545a629b7871b542762af.png

Or you can lose a war on purpose , say to Algiers , and offer to release Cologne in the deal , if they still got their core on it :D

Cologne's core on Koln is long gone - I removed it long before this insane dream of moving to the Middle East was hatched. I couldn't release it, I couldn't convince anyone to buy it. I potentially could have given it away to the Emperor as unlawful imperial territory, since I didn't have a core on it, but you're not allowed to do that if the Emperor is at war. Which he was. For, seemingly, ever. I got a core on it before the Emperor was at peace.

So then I thought my only option was war. I didn't have any casus belli on any of my neighbors, so I insulted them all (including the Emperor) down to -200, but they wouldn't bite. I even left the Empire and then put Koln (but not my nation) back into it, so that the Emperor would definitely have a CB on me. Still nobody bit. For years. It was like they were all scared of me and my armies that were all thousands of miles away from them.

Finally Burgundy issued a trade ban on me, which gave me a CB on them, which I happily took.

Even then, they've got like 18000 men sieging Koln, get it up to like 87%... and then they just leave! Ugh.

Thankfully some vassal of Burgundy's - Utrecht, I think? - marched a thousand guys in and finished the job.

How? Is there some way to start earlier than 1399?
I play with a mod which stretches game play out all the way from 1399-1821 to 11-2010 (albeit with a lot of bugs.)

Phase one of my empire is complete.

I turned the Ottoman Empire into a pure Gazi state - conquering and converting into Europe, then releasing converted vassals behind me to keep infamy down, owning just the frontline provinces, plus Constantinople. The Castillans must have been mighty surprised to find a new Muslim reconquista starting from the north just as they were taking over Granada.

EU3_3.jpg

All of Europe has been converted and is my vassal, with Brunswick being my northern border and Poland my eastern. Then, I moved my capital to Granada and formed Al-Andalus.

EU3_MAP_ALA_1545411_3.jpg

Epic! but could you have done this vanilla 5.1/5.2 also?

Cologne's core on Koln is long gone - I removed it long before this insane dream of moving to the Middle East was hatched. I couldn't release it, I couldn't convince anyone to buy it. I potentially could have given it away to the Emperor as unlawful imperial territory, since I didn't have a core on it, but you're not allowed to do that if the Emperor is at war. Which he was. For, seemingly, ever. I got a core on it before the Emperor was at peace.

So then I thought my only option was war. I didn't have any casus belli on any of my neighbors, so I insulted them all (including the Emperor) down to -200, but they wouldn't bite. I even left the Empire and then put Koln (but not my nation) back into it, so that the Emperor would definitely have a CB on me. Still nobody bit. For years. It was like they were all scared of me and my armies that were all thousands of miles away from them.

Finally Burgundy issued a trade ban on me, which gave me a CB on them, which I happily took.

Even then, they've got like 18000 men sieging Koln, get it up to like 87%... and then they just leave! Ugh.

Thankfully some vassal of Burgundy's - Utrecht, I think? - marched a thousand guys in and finished the job.

Surely you could have left the empire - thus taking Koln out of the empire - and then sold the province? The reason no-one will buy it is because it would be unlawful territory.

Surely you could have left the empire - thus taking Koln out of the empire - and then sold the province? The reason no-one will buy it is because it would be unlawful territory.

Possibly, I don't know. I definitely checked for buyers before I left, but I'm not sure if I checked if I could sell it after I left the empire.