• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My Teutonic Order -> Prussia -> Germany game, the continuation of a previous post

Yeah, I'm a wimp, I keep the BB low etc. But I have one problem, why can't my reforms pass? I click in them, the benefits message appear but nothing, it does not advance (I think it's the first one, Calls for Reichreform). Do they have to be toted by all the members? Even in that case, I think more than a half of the HRE is my vassal, and in the electors only Bohemia is not a vassal and vote for himself.

24140144095597706624.png

62991524169021463104.png

What should I pursuit now? I want to form the HRE, so that means I have to be friendly to the empire (and the infamy for unlawful tyranny hurts, although currently I only get 0.5 from it, (even when I have 5* advisor + embassy + cabinet). I also have Unam Sanctam. I'm thinking in a walk in Russia, France is unfortunately protestant (my religion).

EDIT: Oh it's 1726

Last edited:
I used gimp. Obviously photoshop will do the trick too, but I've always been partial to gimp.

It's the regular map you get from hitting the map screenshot button, just jazzed up a bit.

Did you jazz it up based on any existing map mod? It looks gorgeous.

Orissa 1473, Miscmods 0.72 Dark Continent scenario. I'm aiming to be a relatively small but rich trading nation (I think it was the orange colour influencing me :p). Of course, I've been more focused on constant struggles with Bihar for dominance of eastern India. Meanwhile Rajputana became the strongest nation in the western half only to suffer invasion at the hands of a very scary Timurid Empire and begin to crumble to rebels.

Winds of change are starting to spread through India and China as explorers return from the dead continent with knowledge thought lost. Things should be getting interesting very soon.

123pil4.png

Edit:

1500, I've finally gotten an explorer and checked out the state of Europe so I've allowed myself to look at the whole map. Morocco and the Ottomans are busy fighting over the ruins around the Med. Unfortunately I've got nowhere near enough range to get in on the action. Luckily, there's still plenty of room in the East Indies.

2cgy3i9.jpg

Last edited:
Did you jazz it up based on any existing map mod? It looks gorgeous.

Nope, no map mod for inspiration. I just did what I thought might look nice. I make so many atlassy type maps at work, it's nice to make some that are a little more artistic once in a while.

Holy hell! Norman Siberia??

Yeah, wild eh? Not sure why Normandy would want a chunk of Siberia... but whatever. The Brits were pretty excitable over their little chunk in kamchatka too. England or Spain seem to really love colonizing that area for some reason.

Papal States, 1815 AD, Vanilla DW. Hopped into the Empire and conquered Naples/Sicily. Worked my way north DoW-Vasilizing/Annexing until I had most of Italy. Fended off France and England with navy while i pushed north into alps and east into balkans. Pushed Ottomans into turkey and vassilized their shattered empire as a bulwark against arabs. Turned west and broke up France, Spain and GB as much as possible (France has already started to rebuild). Bohemia was once a threat with their massive fielded army, but several protracted wars with my vassals acting as occupying armies while mine chased the big enemies around I broke their hold on the Emperorship and forced them to release many of their holdings.

10qdtt1.jpg

34j1xco.jpg

See my 80+ infamy from expansion into southern france and taking holdings in holy land. The -3 stability and BB revolt bumps would be a problem if i didn't have and army twice the size of anyone else.

My Irish Empire(From Connacht):
EU3_MAP_IRE_182111_1.jpg

Switched to Imperial Govt. as soon as I could to make Brian Boru envious. It was tough going at the start, got annexed and had to restart more then once(even once after I formed Ireland, damn English). But two things finally went my way, 1. Castille destroyed the English Navy. and 2. France finally ate enough of its vassals for myself to sneak into its alliance. Those two things allowed me to break the English back. After that it was a matter of eating the Irish Isles:)D) and building an appropriately large navy. Spent most of the game butting heads with Castille for some reason, so I neutralized them via a friendly Navarra(and not so friendly Portugal). When I stripped France of Brittany it launched a cascade that undid them, main beneficiary was my long time ally Navarra. Most of the latter game was colonial wars, kicking France, Castille, and Holland out of N American for the most part(Pacific coast N of Washinton being the exception) and finishing up my over arching project for the game, The IRISH Isles:
irish.jpg

whos the bright yellow in Africa and the Balkans?

Is that for me? Because I don't see any yellow in the Balkans...
The yellow in Africa in my map is Katsina (non-vanilla)