• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm wondering if you also have problems when you can only play it after playing the vanilla for a bit.

Yeah, its Steppe Wolf, by far my favorite, most stable, (unless you try to play Nazi Germany, then the game crashes at 1945 - im not even kidding)

Steppe Wolf - Master of implausibility.

WRONG.

Paradox - Masters of Implausibillity.

XD, somethin really funny happened tho, with that picture of the Templar Order...

Nicaea (the yellow country to the left of mine) used to be Byzantium, but formed Nicaea and was so instable that several countries broke off of it, greek minors and the Latin Empire...

But were soon reabsorbed.

Really odd things happen when you play for a while =P

EDIT: Oh, and I've tried something new... picked a french minor, shoulda picked Bourbonnaise...

orleans.png

The story:

Rapidly pushing southwest into the Iberian peninsula eradicating the Cordobans (who used to control all of Iberia, but somehow shattered sometime when I wasnt paying attention into the Almoravids) Converting as I go, pretty succesful probably gonna cross the Strait of Gibraltar and continue into Africa... We'll see, I dont much like expanding east further into europe... just feels... wrong =P

Last edited:
Nicaea (the yellow country to the left of mine) used to be Byzantium, but formed Nicaea and was so instable that several countries broke off of it, greek minors and the Latin Empire...

Fourth Crusade?

And how do you remove the 'new land' popup since you play Steppe wolf?

And how do you remove the 'new land' popup since you play Steppe wolf?

do you mean the discovered land?

or...

you just right click on the popup then unclick "show popup" or whatever, its real simple.

My current game (only normal difficulty). I started as Teutonic Order and went take out Poland/Lithuania => form protestant Prussia => take Bill of Rights + Unam Sanctam for CBs on pretty much the whole world => expand north till Neva and south till Crimea to prevent Europe from blobbing into horde lands => PU and inherit Bohemia, Austria & Bavaria => dissolve HRE => grab Prussian Military Reforms => form Germany:

2012-02-18_00001.jpg

Vassals include Hungary, Gotland, Ferrara and all the German minors that are left:

*Snipping the unnecessary pic*

Next step will be getting my government tech to 32 to go constitutional monarchy and slowly diplo-annexing all my vassals except Holland, Hungary, Hamburg and Gotland, but I guess I'll probably start a new game on a higher difficulty level soon.

How peculiar. Yemen appears to uplifted itself and turned itself into pure terra incognita. :p

Damn how can you get steppe wolf work?in my pc it crashes on loading history :(

Heres the update on my (current) Russian game (first part was couple of pages ago):

The Big Game has begun; my glorious imperial armies are pushing to the east through the Steppe lands. To the south of me, Ottomans are strong, powerful, about +80 relations with me and trust level of "they trust us utterly" (keep spamming me with alliance offers lol). Most of the fallout from failed Lithuania is my vassal (Polotsk, Veliki Luki and Vitebsk) everything else is either sphered, warned or guaranteed, Galich grew to about 30 provinces size and then the coalition of western powers + myself and Ottomans put an end to that; Austria is very strong (more powerful than its size, Ottomans dont even dare attack them, im busy in the east); Brandenburg is growing into a local power; Friesland is about to unite the Netherlands, GB, France, Spain, Portugal and Norway(!) are all colonizing powers, most of Caribbean/South America is colonized, North America has colonies here and there, Africa is untouched (apart from islands). Yemen is acting tough, Ormus somehow managed to rise from one province minor merchant republic to a noble republic empire (almost), Khwarezmia revolted from GH at one point and grew into a super power, what you see in the screenshot is the result of last war where i pretty much dismantled them (dont want/need another Golden Horde without tribal government and better tech rate).

Tell me if you want a close up on anything specific.

This is the income ledger and dark green country in same screenshot - its called Ayyubids, revolted from Mamluks.

I couldnt find the "manpower" ledger though.

My mistake, I was talking about the Army ledger page. The one which shows all the countries manpower and total army numbers.

EDIT: Also I meant the page which shows all the countries income, I'm not sure what its called lol, my bad :confused:

Ok i think i got the right ones this time (i dont think i ever used the ledger before, as all this data is too static without context, it doesnt really give me any information i need).

Naturally i have the highest income, since the usual colonizers have only just started taking bits of Americas (i think ill fall 3rd or 4th soon).

As for armies its nothing unexpected at this point, im at ~98% of my landforce limit, maintaining healthy ratio of infantry:cavalry in all stacks, while Ottomans are probably 20-30% over land force limits minting like insane (without any need for it). As for their amount of cavalry i can only say ROFL at the AI, since i can see no intelligent reason why they would keep so much cavalry, combined arms aside, it probably costs A LOT to maintain (read: mint).

Yeah, its Steppe Wolf, by far my favorite, most stable, (unless you try to play Nazi Germany, then the game crashes at 1945 - im not even kidding)

WRONG.

Paradox - Masters of Implausibillity.

XD, somethin really funny happened tho, with that picture of the Templar Order...

But were soon reabsorbed.

Really odd things happen when you play for a while =P

EDIT: Oh, and I've tried something new... picked a french minor, shoulda picked Bourbonnaise...

orleans.png

The story:

Rapidly pushing southwest into the Iberian peninsula eradicating the Cordobans (who used to control all of Iberia, but somehow shattered sometime when I wasnt paying attention into the Almoravids) Converting as I go, pretty succesful probably gonna cross the Strait of Gibraltar and continue into Africa... We'll see, I dont much like expanding east further into europe... just feels... wrong =P
I hate it when scandinavia isnt colonized yet casue it alwasy ends up as a big mess

having seen trollemia so often I now think that It's becoming Borehemia.
Then again, Nice Aachen?
Could you, in the time left, create charlemagne's empire?
No, right? :(

I hate it when scandinavia isnt colonized yet casue it alwasy ends up as a big mess

yeah... :L

It does suck, although in that particular picture Denmark seized a lot of it and became quite powerful... hehe..