• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My Urbino game. Started 1399

97BF96358DA05A9A223D479C5819F561615BB0E3

(Way, way) better than my attempt. I ran into Venice troubles.

EU3_MAP_MIN_1551.1.3_1.jpg

EU3_MAP_MIN_1551.1.3_2.jpg

My Minamoto game in 1550. I'm going to inherit Taira and form Japan soon. I'm surprised the Timurids have lasted so long without collapsing. They actually owned a a stretch of land connecting them to the Aegean until recently.

Scotland still exists by the way, that's just Castille below them.

Y U NO take this Austrian yugoslavia?

Ah, you admitted to reloading. Now prepare yourself for a landslide of people declaring your game invalid for this thread despite the fact that almost everyone reloads on occasion.

Really good job with Urbino, though. Makes me want to try a game as them.

Personally, I just restart all together when things go bad. However, I consider anyone who has achieved something in EU3 equal to me with reloads. Reloads, sometimes are just the nature of the beast. Also, with cascading alliances it can get pretty tricky to judge just how BIG a conflict is and in early game it's simply difficult. Also if your set on playing, say Urbino or Morocco in my case... the occasional reload might be necessary.. but also.. if you're REALLY set on trying a game with a certain nation... then reloads can give you a quick "undo" as it can be touch and go. Now, if someone was reloading every time a nasty event came along.. yeah I think that might viewed as an "exploit".. but two-three times? Hell I would except much more than that personally.. but that's me. I'm usually more interested in the "story" of major challenges.. especially in the cases of small nations rising up in the world.

My Norway->Scandinavia game in Miscmods, Dark Continent scenario, ended by corrupt save.

6186328598_fcc51519e7_z.jpg

6186329000_d65f07d35e_z.jpg

6185805259_746da239a2_z.jpg

Had to play with the no inflation setting. That's the only way I could make playing Norway in this scenario work without ruining myself with extreme amounts of inflation.

Some things of note:
There was remarkably little colonialism. The only colonies held by European powers in the New World are all held by Ruma, I believe, and those are in the Caribbean and that small speck in Patagonia.

The Mamlukes formed Egypt.

Iberia was a complete mess of tangled colonial borders before I felt compelled to push the Muslims out of it. After that, I peacefully vassalized Corsica and Catalunya

Ruma still has it's capitol in Rome, much to my chagrin.

Muscowy was -huuuuge- until the Golden Horde forced it to collapse and Tver took its place. Tver formed Russia without the Golden Horde bein' all horde-y. I claimed the throne of Russia and force-PU'd it in the 1700s, and inherited it nearly a year afterwards.

Last edited:
It was a brutal struggle but I achieved it. Morocco colonial power. With provinces on every continent (including Europe)... Extremely fun and at times close... Everywhere I had colonies I had the British near by... anyways here it is! Morocco! The colonial power!
EU3_MAP_MOR_1808128_1.gif

It was a brutal struggle but I achieved it. Morocco colonial power. With provinces on every continent (including Europe)... Extremely fun and at times close... Everywhere I had colonies I had the British near by... anyways here it is! Morocco! The colonial power!
EU3_MAP_MOR_1808128_1.gif

Nicely done! Is that the game's end date or the far more usual 'i-grew-bored-of-my-dominance' end date (1600-1750)?

Nezze, how war-torn was your North America? In my own game of Dark Continent from a short while back, they were at each others' throats constantly.

2pos28h.jpg

Over 9000 reloads. Achaia, Morea, Wallachia, Transylvania, Dobrogea and the Byzzies are my vassals.

Fun fact: The (uncored) province of Maritsa alone is richer than whole Albania + Epirus.