• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Scotland is eating up England for the second time. Strangely enough after the first time they somehow got back to the original borders. Then the second conquering started. It's a contant slugfest on the British Isles.

My weird vassals are released vassals. With the title of emperor came a lot of imperial lands that I immediately released as vassals. Saved me alot of BB. That's why Austria and Burgundy went over their limits while emperor and were subsequently trashed. I am now firmly in control of the title.

My best empire in DW is Aragon, its around 1410 and i have most of south america, the carib. islands, and the east coast of N. America, and i also i have a good foothold in northern africa, i have had the best luck beyond belief! i have Sicily and the Papal States as vassals, and im currently stomping through the cherokee. can some one tell me how to take and upload screenshots so i can put it up?

no 1410, my merchants are seemingly getting no competition in CoT's (idk how, i have them full at most CoT), and all my settings are normal exept i have the colonists at 400 and free, and i focused all my cash on government (until i got level 4) and trade so i could get QftnW quick, plus N. Africa might as well be the native tribes in DW, so its easy to steamroll them. and i got the key diplomat event a couple times (idk how) and that kept my infamy in check, and my missions have went along with my plans.
and where would i go to find the screenshots i have taken? if i can find them, ill put them up, haha

Last edited:
i have no screenshot folder for some reason, so i created one, so would they now appear in it?

EDIT: i found it, now how do i go about uploading the screenshots onto here?

Last edited:
So Aragon still doesn't have its CoT in Barcelona? That's too bad and inaccurate. I'm sick of seeing a totally unreasonable CoT in Andalusia in 1399. At that time, Barcelona was fighting against Genoa for the control of Western Mediterranean trade...

Also, in 1399, the king of Sicily was the King of Aragon's son. How can this game represent this? I can only think of personal union, if not vassalage.

Here's why Aragon sucks in this game, while it did it quite well in real life, given the circumstances.

Anyway, I'm gonna mod it myself, as I did in HttT. Since I did it, Aragon behaved quite historically, that is, becoming an interesting trade power even when I was busy playing Poland, Byzantium, Hungary or the Teutonic Order, picking up fights with Genoa, conquering Sardinia, fighting with Naples and trying to conquer Northern Africa. Most of the times, good friends with Castille. I even saw two times Spain forming because one of the two Spanish countries inherited the other (once, Aragon inherited Portugal and Castille inherited Aragon. In 1560, Spain formed.

Also, in 1399, the king of Sicily was the King of Aragon's son. How can this game represent this? I can only think of personal union, if not vassalage.
Same dynasty, which already gives several advantages (relations bonus + more likely to get PU)

Could King Richard XI or a mod please add this to the first post?
Otherwise this question will come up twice per page again.
Done. But no-one reads the first post anyways, mark my words! ;)

We could make the undying screenshot question into an achievement: "Knows how to take a screenshot". So anytime a newbie asks, we could simply reply "hey, it's an achievement, you have to find out yourself! Try search the boards."

Well, this was a first for me. I never finished a Grand Campaign in EU3 before and I've played it since vanilla. It always got unbearably slow after 1600s and the latest I ever got was just beyond 1700 with a year taking SO LONG it just made me want to quit. But now with DW and zoomed out enough the time just FLIES! Best feature of the whole thing in my opinion.

I started as the Teutonic Order with the simple goals of forming Prussia and then forming Germany and only taking this specific part of Europe that I have. I iddled for more than a hundred years in the end, just watching it go and chasing around rebels. I was supporting Russia and England, hoping for them to make the map look pretty. Russia did form in the 1700s, but it never got big. The British Isles on the other hand.. At best, I counted 14 different nations over there. It's just messed up, they can't get anything done. Whenever someone got bigger than 5 provinces, they just collapsed to rebels and another new nation popped up.

Oh well, it was fun nonetheless. Except the whole "HRE Demands Your Provinces" event.. I wanted to take it slow, but this event forced me to remain in a state of constant war, as that seemed to be the only way to stop it. If I was in peace, I would get bombarded by that damned event and hit -100 prestige/-3 stab in 2 seconds flat. Horrible, horrible event.

You did that via forming Germany? I applaud you sir, most people would be hard pressed to conquer so much of Europe even with the form HRE decision.

edit: also, is that Scandinavia in Iceland? And Iroquois still alive?

You did that via forming Germany? I applaud you sir, most people would be hard pressed to conquer so much of Europe even with the form HRE decision.

edit: also, is that Scandinavia in Iceland? And Iroquois still alive?

I've had plenty of practice with forming Germany(and other countries), I just usually quit before finishing the game due to the speed hehe.

And it's Munster in Iceland. Iroquois is still alive, though I think had the game continued any longer, the USA would've taken them out. But USA was hanging at Extremely Bad reputation and sometimes even passed over to Dishonorable Scum, so they didn't go for it due to that I guess. Portugal might have taken them out if I hadn't messed them up so bad, needed to take their European holdings.

No blobbing happened anywhere pretty much, any "Empires" that formed, collapsed to rebellions. Always. Ming, Byzantine, Mameluks, France, Poland, Muscowy etc. They all had, at one point, large holdings, but they just collapsed into themselves. Mostly not even my fault. Mostly.