• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
2tOy7.jpg

I more than likely should have stopped at 48.00 magistrates. Oh well. I hope my monthly income starts picking up before I run out of provinces, because I've still got tasty Japan to eat and no CB to do it with quite yet.

The same old qoou :) Always extravagant.
That is a new record for the magistrates / year :) You should post it to the hall of fame.

And very good job mate :) Utterly impressive.

Yeah, looks like stopping at 54.00 magistrates would've made me end up with ~25 more at game end. Overkill is never a bad thing though.

My capital is in Asia indeed. Japan+Indonesia is worth more than the British Isles, so having a capital in Asia will net more income at game end. But I couldn't just move my capital there in 1820 because you're not allowed to move your capital overseas. I could've moved my capital to an island in 1770, and subsequently to Asia in 1820, but that would've made most of the world become overseas, and overseas provinces get nasty events from 1750 on. So I went Holland -> Corsica when I got a stability event around 1640, and Corsica -> Asia when 1700 rolled around and I finally was able to pass House of Trade and Navigation Act.

Well my friend, welcome to the FORUMS ! Don't forget to register your games to have access to the Tech Support and other full of advantages regions of the site.

oh, look now, who is speaking :p

btw I am also interested in how you changed the name of the country - modified the game files? or is it a mod?

EDIT: forget it - found it amongst the posts :)

2tOy7.jpg

I more than likely should have stopped at 48.00 magistrates. Oh well. I hope my monthly income starts picking up before I run out of provinces, because I've still got tasty Japan to eat and no CB to do it with quite yet.

Could we have a world map? :D

Well, as far as i know, the Byzantine Empire had nothing to do with Romania :)

The modern country Romania was obviously created long after the fall of Byzantium. It took its name from the fact that, like the Byzantines, the Romanians were Orthodox Christians, and the Turks referred to all Orthodox Christians as the Rum. Also, quite a few Byzantines ended up fleeing to Romania. If you don't believe me, here's proof that the Byzantines called their empire Romania:

"Ταῦτα μὲν περὶ τῶν πόλεων καὶ τῶν χωρῶν ὅσαι ὑπὸ τὸ σκῆπτρον τῆς Ῥωμαίων Τύχης ἐτύγχανον οὖσαι· περὶ δὲ τῶν μηδέπω δεδουλευκότων τῇ Ῥωμανίᾳ..."
Anna Comnena, Alexiad 13.12.11

"Οὕτω δ’, ὡς ἐδόκει, εὖ διαθεὶς τὰ οἰκεῖα, ἠπείγετο καὶ κατὰ τῶν ἀντιτασσομένων τῇ Ῥωμανίᾳ ἐκστρατεῦσαι."
John Scylitzes, Synopsis Historiarum 18

"Ἄλλως γὰρ οὐ πεισθήσομαι τὴν ἀδελφὴν παρέξαι, εἰ καὶ τὸν πλοῦτον δώσητε πάσης τῆς Ῥωμανίας."
Digenes Acritas 1.126

There are many more examples where these came from. They're all Byzantine writers referring to the Byzantine Empire as 'Romania' (Ῥωμανία).

the french empire in 1653 or 1654 (cant remember lol)
king of france, scotland, denmark and emperor of the holy roman empire

guess napoleon would be proud, made his dream come true, invading the british!

eu3mapfra16531021.jpg

some interesting things:
-incas westernized and now are pretty strong (4 stacks of 30+ regiments each, thats why i dont own all of south america)
-succesful byzantium altho u guys cant see them lol
-wanted to make the most of holy war cb so i declare war on hindustan in 1649 and take as many provinces as i could, i forgot a couple of years ago i had vassalized some of the hre members so my infamy was a bit high, long story short, i pass the infamy limit by 1 lol, all the european minors declare war, some minors in asia too and the incas, been trying to be at peace so i can just release some vassals but each time im down to just 2 or 3 wars someone else declares war so im just vassalizing everyone haha, interestingly none of the big countries attacked, only england and they actually answered a call to arms, not worried about WE cuz its been over 16 atleast for 10 year (non stop wars) and still the majority of my provinces have no revolt risk

who controls south africa ill laugh if its scotland
yea they do lol, but thats becuz around the 1500s, i was releasing the french minors every now and then to reduce my infamy cuz im tryin to conquer as much as possible, and apparently guyenne starting colonizing south africa (i wasnt even aware) so when i declared war to annex them again so i could release them, they had those colonies, and scotland occupied those and i guess they siezed them lol