• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, as england got no cores, their empire will crumble out of revolts, and i suppose england will emerge, along with portugal, scotland, ireland, and maybe even colonial revolters...

Also i understand conquering danzig warmia ect. but why even bother conquering livonia? It's dirt poor.

Livonia? Gonna assume you mean some combination of Samogitia and Wenden (which I think is Livonia, if memory serves correct). My final war with the Teutons started right as they went bankrupt, and Lithuania and Novgorod both tried to rush em' too. The only way to get the snazziness of Ostpruessen without some painful infamy was to force-vassalize the Teutons, so I also jumped in on what I could and enforced my demands... so Samogitia and Osel came along as a pair of crappy freebies with Ostpruessen whenever I annexed em'.

Wenden is a whole other story. Polotsk broke free from Lithuania, eventually got overrun by first Mongols, then peasants, and it collapsed into Steppe Nomad status. They'd taken Wenden at some point, so I started getting jumped by them on a regular basis. So rather than put up with that bullcrap, I beat them down and threw a single colonist at Wenden. The colony grew large enough to defect eventually, Novgorod took Polotsk (the county), and now they're a minor annoyance I don't have to deal with every five years anymore.

@ the Maldives game: Are you staying as Maldive or forming Hindustan? IMO staying Maldives would be way cooler. :D

How did you survive the initial years?
I can take ceylon but the hindus always attack right after
Dont conquer anything from hindu or they will attack you. First 80 years in my game was moving free trade, collecting money and exploring with QFTNW. I colonised Andamana Island, conquered 1 province from Ethiopia, which then I sold to Adal for awesome amout of 1800 gold. Then I colonised rich land next to Majaphit.
Arent maldives, wool and base tax 1?
base tax 2 and fish, as I said, trade is overpower >: D
@ the Maldives game: Are you staying as Maldive or forming Hindustan? IMO staying Maldives would be way cooler. :D
Of course I wont form Hindustan, staying Maldives is much cooler :D

Ugh, I wish there was an S on that "Maldive"

Unless you only control one Maldive island lol.

Someone has some name editing to do :L

Speaking of name editing, I was looking at African nations files in the Versemina Vlast mod and found that there were two egypts. Based on their flags, I could tell one was clearly the modern version. So naturally, I renamed the other Egypt, created it as an OPM completely surrounded by Ayyubids in the late 1100's... and had a field day.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t148/Hogdriver155/EgyptPolitical.png

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t148/Hogdriver155/EgyptReligious.png

Finally, I can actually contribute!

Here's my WIP Ragusan Republic, 1458 (DW 5.1):

X3lgr.jpg

Speaking of name editing, I was looking at African nations files in the Versemina Vlast mod and found that there were two egypts. Based on their flags, I could tell one was clearly the modern version. So naturally, I renamed the other Egypt, created it as an OPM completely surrounded by Ayyubids in the late 1100's... and had a field day.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t148/Hogdriver155/EgyptPolitical.png

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t148/Hogdriver155/EgyptReligious.png
?

Is this not the story from all of EU3, All mods?

The AI is reckless in every mod and game, lol.

Steppe Wolf maps are a helluva lot better than the ugly vanilla ones I dont know how people can stand those Q_Q

I think this empire is once again a prime example of what I said. Although I understand you named it Ancient Egypt, how is an 'ancient' empire conquering the Sahara desert in 1240? How does Volga Bulgaria exist next to Bulgaria? How is Parthia colonizing North America in, I believe, the 13th century (screenshot placed a couple of pages earlier)? Also believe there was a picture of Andorra with a fully colonized Canada before 1200. I'm not saying Vanilla maps look like actual history maps, but at least you don't have a Proto-Finnish (how's that a country anyway) popping up next to Finland or Sweden, at least nations aren't expanding in the Sahara and and the Canadian polar regions before the year 1800. Sure, Vanilla maps are a mess most of times, but Steppe Wolf redefines what a mess can be.

Also I just don't like how the map looks, color wise and everything, looks too... washed out I guess.

The 5.2 update is a beta, the latest version of which can be found in the Beta forums. There are several other nerfs and changes.

Where is this forum to patch? Always beta patches to EU3 was in tech support section, and all beta had they own entry to checksum topic there. This 5.2 is REAL patch from Paradox or its just patch made by modders and out of "official" sources?

Finally, I can actually contribute!

Here's my WIP Ragusan Republic, 1458 (DW 5.1):

Very nice!
I see you went with the quick expansion route, not the trading one. That must have taken some luck (or some restarting :p), how much of that is cored?
I tried that once and also was lucky that the Ottomans collapsed (which they often do), but Austria and GH ended my atempts in the mid 1500s because I lagged in tech and had no money to bribe the Austrians.

OPM ZAZ @ 1551 start, Low Aggressiveness/Very Hard Difficulty in v5.2

Tribal Democracy Zaporozhie in year 1551 is surrounded by three most powerful empire of that time: Ottomans, Poland, Russia.

Version 5.2 manpower changes plus Low Aggressiveness/Very Hard Difficulty game settings require ZAZ to be very low in order not to anger these monsters.

Starting position:
ZAZ1.jpg

After 30 years of intensive trading I was able to get enough funds to raise an army 10x over the limit of OPM.

After that I cancelled vassalization from Poland and started colonization of Crimea and Kazan hordes by myself.

Once horde provinces run out, more provinces were gained thanks to Tartar culture of ZAZ, rebel defections and spies, whist keeping friendly relations with monsters.

After 200+ years Zaporozhie was finally in shape to wage a revenge:
ZAZ2.jpg

The result of Zaporozhie Imperialistic/Revolution raids:
ZAZ3.jpg

p.s.
DAOLite graphics.

What does WIP stand for?

Tribal Democracy Zaporozhie in year 1551 is surrounded by three most powerful empire of that time: Ottomans, Poland, Russia.

Version 5.2 manpower changes plus Low Aggressiveness/Very Hard Difficulty game settings require ZAZ to be very low in order not to anger these monsters.

Starting position:
ZAZ1.jpg

After 30 years of intensive trading I was able to get enough funds to raise an army 10x over the limit of OPM.

After that I cancelled vassalization from Poland and started colonization of Crimea and Kazan hordes by myself.

Once horde provinces run out, more provinces were gained thanks to Tartar culture of ZAZ, rebel defections and spies, whist keeping friendly relations with monsters.

After 200+ years Zaporozhie was finally in shape to wage a revenge:
ZAZ2.jpg

The result of Zaporozhie Imperialistic/Revolution raids:
ZAZ3.jpg

p.s.
DAOLite graphics.

Very nice Zaporozhie ! Never seen something like this before .. Impressive

Although I understand you named it Ancient Egypt, how is an 'ancient' empire conquering the Sahara desert in 1240? How does Volga Bulgaria exist next to Bulgaria? How is Parthia colonizing North America in, I believe, the 13th century (screenshot placed a couple of pages earlier)? Also believe there was a picture of Andorra with a fully colonized Canada before 1200. I'm not saying Vanilla maps look like actual history maps, but at least you don't have a Proto-Finnish (how's that a country anyway) popping up next to Finland or Sweden, at least nations aren't expanding in the Sahara and and the Canadian polar regions before the year 1800. Sure, Vanilla maps are a mess most of times, but Steppe Wolf redefines what a mess can be.

I dont know, the modders did not create Ancient Egypt in 1240. I did, because I ran out of regular OPM's so I went on a spree creating my own.

There are a lot of unrealistic or silly things in EU3. For example, what the hell is Hindustan? That sounds like a country someone made up on the spot.

I dont understand how it is that certain countries on steppe wolf create a bigger problem for you than vanilla ones lol...

They do, however, have a descision to form the ancient egyptian kingdom.

There really is no wasteland, you know, only Antarctica is true wasteland as every other wasteland in the game has been populated by nomadic tribes or in the case of Canada and northern Siberia, Inuit tribes. This is why I refuse to play Death and Taxes even though it looks very fun.

Wasteland is unrealistic.

One of the results of wasteland being colonizable is ugly borders... if they're any uglier than the normal ugly borders caused by random AI expansion... that's subjective.

I dont know, the modders did not create Ancient Egypt in 1240. I did, because I ran out of regular OPM's so I went on a spree creating my own.

There are a lot of unrealistic or silly things in EU3. For example, what the hell is Hindustan? That sounds like a country someone made up on the spot.

I dont understand how it is that certain countries on steppe wolf create a bigger problem for you than vanilla ones lol...

They do, however, have a descision to form the ancient egyptian kingdom.

There really is no wasteland, you know, only Antarctica is true wasteland as every other wasteland in the game has been populated by nomadic tribes or in the case of Canada and northern Siberia, Inuit tribes. This is why I refuse to play Death and Taxes even though it looks very fun.

Wasteland is unrealistic.

One of the results of wasteland being colonizable is ugly borders... if they're any uglier than the normal ugly borders caused by random AI expansion... that's subjective.
You know, you can just delete the wastelands if you hate them so much... also, the unrealism of Steppe Wolf is part of the fun.

Hello! First poster here; lurked without a name for quite some time. After playing for some time, I downloaded Steppe Wolf and got an idea to start playing as a country from the very beginning of its existence. The country I picked was the Ottoman "Empire", all the way back in 1301. I have, however, grown somewhat bored of it and plan on starting a 1570 Anhalt game, so, here you are, the Ottoman Empire one century later:

MWduG.png

Fun bits about this game:
- England, although starting with most of France, suffered numerous crushing defeats to an HRE Provence, and was slowly being pushed out of France by the time of the game's end.
- Milan, at one point, owned nearly all of Italy, and, if it were not for East Frisia(which, for some unknown reason, ate Rome), likely could have done so. Then it got excommunicated.
- Fighting for survival, then eventually succeeding over and crushing the Byzantium Empire was one of the most fun experiences I've had in this game. I had to fend off a navy of over 100 ships with small rotations of 3 ships at a time. I believe my max, when the Byzantines were still a threat, was not but 18 ships.
- The Ilkhanate lives because I allowed it to; I was, in fact, planning on annihilating the place during a Crisis, but, in the end, I got an Osmanli on their throne. Being a roleplayer, I proceeded to save it from collapse when it, for some inexplicable reason, had no armies. Its borders, however, are stagnant.
- Two years before this, I inherited the Mamluks, who I had PU'd for 70 years... before I even had most of Anatolia. It was very difficult to hold them.
- I don't know how to take those pics with only your empire, so I had to fill in my vassals myself.

- And those two empires in the pic are just *great*.

My current game with Aragon (5.1, just normal difficulty, no mods)

The Colonies:
2012-06-27_00004.jpg

The Mainland:
2012-06-27_00006.jpg

The Vassals:
2012-06-27_00005.jpg

I just recently colonized the final province in South America, which could have happened a lot earlier if I hadn't dropped QftNW too soon. The next step will be to annex Savoy for Dauphine and Milan for Parma and then... I don't really know. Maybe I'll carve additional vassals out of the HRE and trim Bohemia some more... or maybe I'll just start a new game.

Very nice!
I see you went with the quick expansion route, not the trading one. That must have taken some luck (or some restarting :p), how much of that is cored?
I tried that once and also was lucky that the Ottomans collapsed (which they often do), but Austria and GH ended my atempts in the mid 1500s because I lagged in tech and had no money to bribe the Austrians.

Cores are Ragusa (obviously), Zeta, Bosnia (Boundary Dispute with Hungary IIRC), Serbia, Kosovo (Boundary Dispute with Serbia), Albania (Boundary Dispute with Venice, then got it off Albania when they declared independence), Macedonia and the province above it (both boundary disputes with the Ottomans) and Larissa (conquest mission).

I also have untaken cores from Claims on our Rivals on Corfu, Edirne, Croatia and Bulgaria.

I like how neat the borders are in France. What nation is the blue near the Pyrenees? I don't recognize it by the color.

I inherited a pretty much fully formed France out of pure luck and since I prefer mid-sized vassals to blobby ones I released a couple of French minors and split the rest of the French territory amongst them. The prestige loss for all the gifted provinces (during a regency council...) was rather harsh but I'm a sucker for nice borders. The blue nation near the Pyrenees is Guyenne.