• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I started a game as Aragon. Day one: Royal Marriage with Castille. They had no heir and their king died in battle against the Moors.

FLAWLESS VICTORY

Started as Tuscany.... On my way to forming Italy. SWEEDEN!!!!
24nqrrq.jpg

25f1qvo.jpg

Uber Lithuania and Sweden!

I've finished my Miscmods game as the Greater Polish Commonwealth (self-modded) in 1784 with the revoking of the privileges. I could continue to 1821 but that would be pointless as I've finished my final goal and the game moves at a crawl by now.

YXIZa.png

FAIBi.png

Amusing stuff:
-England has been exiled to Jamaica.
-Seville was a superpower for most of the game but imploded in the last few years, probably because of losing Mexico
-Having a dishonourable scum in the Empire is great, as it allows you to get ridiculous amounts of authority from all the wars declared on them.
-A Chinese revolter actually managed to reforge the nation instead of plunging into endless civil war. That's a first in my games.
-Russia is Muslim (a pet project of mine as I was beating back the hordes)
-Riga is Jewish
-Despite being a one-island nation, Mallorca has carved a huge African empire.

Here are the stats. I managed a ton of culture-conversions but since I went full innovative I didn't have enough missionaries to convert everything.

GuSur.jpg

I've finished my Miscmods game as the Greater Polish Commonwealth (self-modded) in 1784 with the revoking of the privileges. I could continue to 1821 but that would be pointless as I've finished my final goal and the game moves at a crawl by now.

Amusing stuff:
-Seville was a superpower for most of the game but imploded in the last few years, probably because of losing Mexico
-Having a dishonourable scum in the Empire is great, as it allows you to get ridiculous amounts of authority from all the wars declared on them.
-A Chinese revolter actually managed to reforge the nation instead of plunging into endless civil war. That's a first in my games.
-Riga is Jewish

Here are the stats. I managed a ton of culture-conversions but since I went full innovative I didn't have enough missionaries to convert everything.

Funny thing about the innovation.. Btw, is that Iceland in Iceland? Who is north of Novgorod? And who "united" Chile? :p

1399-1821 Switzerland. No expansion. No vassals. No alliances. :p

switzerlandni.jpg

switzerlandworld.jpg

switzerlandstats.jpg

Basically played it through as a survival challenge, to turn Switzerland into a relatively neutral armed camp that nobody wanted to mess with. Nobody ended up declaring war on me, though I did participate in several wars - including two against Austria.

It was difficult at times to hold myself to my self-imposed restrictions. No grain provinces mean no Grain Depot, and no port connected to Bern meant my trade was restricted to Europe. Early on, when I could at best eke out 30k-ish troops, France and Austria made me really nervous. I built a CoT after the MRs switched to Administrative.

I started a few trade wars to help build up my Military Tradition so I could keep running a level 5/6 Army Organizer, Commandant, and Sergeant Major General as my advisers. I ended finding a better technique for building up my Tradition - rebel hunting. I became the mercenary rebel hunter of Europe and the Middle East, just give me Military Access and I would sweep them away. :)

It helped finding a large country that was suffering a high revolt risk. I started out doing a lot of hunting in France, before moving on to Georgia and Russia. Helped out my relations quite a bit too.

Austria was quite the bully towards the end of the game. I ended up guaranteeing both Georgia and Russia to discourage Austria from continued expansion in their direction. They tested me once by attacking Georgia, and got their nose bloodied for their trouble. They did get off light, though, since it didn't make me war leader and Georgia settled for a white peace by the time I cut Austria's army in half.

My other war against Austria was one I started, so I could briefly take Tirol in order to enact the Gold Standard decision - then sell the province off the next day. :p

Fun country notes:
The Netherlands was going strong about 20-30 years ago. Then La Plata (which apparently includes Madagascar) revolted, and Austria decided to give the Dutch a beatdown, forcing them to release Brabant and taking some provinces in Scandanavia.

Brazil in West Africa, with a couple provinces in Bolivia thrown in for good measure.

Quebec revolted in Quebec, aside from its capitol which was the Turks Islands. Looks like Finland took most of it back.

Haiti actually in Haiti.

Siena and Genoa migrated to the New World.

"Trebizondian Pattani"

"British Colombia"

Last edited:
Funny thing about the innovation.. Btw, is that Iceland in Iceland? Who is north of Novgorod? And who "united" Chile? :p

It's Iceland, Sameland and Qin respectively.

How could you possibly go through the entire game with only 2-3 wars??? That's epic. Though you should have got a port, Nice is kind of historical as the Swiss Navy is based in a port in that area?

@Ryuujin95 Wow, that's seriously impressive, and good job sticking to your house rules even when they were beginning to bite!

My Cornwall-Britannia empire in miscmods shattered Europe:

Note: No Castille => no christian DOTF => Stable Ottomans, coincedence?

Just me and my vassals:

And my income:

Note how France, Estonia, Denmark and Netherlands are my vassals and in top 10 of income.

I played it relatively peaceful, finding out the colonisation options of miscmods. It was great. Qitzi and Tarrbitz revolted of Seville and Badajoz.
I never released the aztecs, mayas, zapotec and inca's, but when I came to the new world I allied and RMd (im druidic) instead of conquering them. The iberians didn't want to try to attack me over it, although they did try a few times in the last 50 years.

The culture changing of the colonial revolters and culture changing of asian and african colonies is really cool (although the non-accepted culture penalty is a sad side-effect, it is more realistic however i feel). Sadly not all of England and Scotland changed welsh, so I did not see all the Gaelic name changing events.

Last edited:
It ain't coincidence, england and castille are the worst ottoman destroyers that exist. You destroyed England and castille doesn't exist so the ottomans live another day.

My first post on this forum.
Death & Taxes mod, started as Byzantium, then formed the Roman Empire.
Always allied with Novgord until I found they broke the alliance (then I started to send spy and support patriots to divide the empire).
With Holy war conquered Persia, Mamluks and Timurids, and on the west side started to infiltrate the HRE.
I vassallized 7-8 of HRE members (and 3 Electors until I became the emperor, and with these wars I forced half of them to convert to Orthodox).
Used a lot of diplomats to increase relations with them and a lot of magistrate to add new provences to the HRE.
Then started to enact all the HRE reforms.
Here the results, now I have to consolidate a lot of colonies in Africa and America

YXIZa.png

FAIBi.png

Amusing stuff:
-Riga is Jewish

GuSur.jpg

awesome

who is the big blob in the Middle East?

This is my Byzantium > Roman Empire in my most recent game of the Death and Taxes mod, which, incidentally, is a great mod. The decision to change to the Roman Empire gave cores on the Balkans and Italy; the Imperialism CB did the rest. Notice, also, Austria, which is snaking its way around what's left of the HRE. And for the record, it's a really good feeling to fight desperately against Iberia and France in the beginning, and then in the late game just consume their entire European holdings.

EU3_14.jpg

By the way, LOOK AT ALL THAT GREEN! That is, in my untrained opinion, a gorgeous Economic map.

EU3_13.jpg