• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
BTW: You should connect your "Spanish Asia" (which is not even in Asia at all) to the sea.

Well, if you have a lok at that one world conquest China AAR fom Vicky II, you'll see that Ottoman Asia is called Africa there. I guess they just swiched all the continets. :D

Had a bit of fun continuing a Morocco game I had started about two weeks ago.

morocco1650.jpg

moroccoworld1650.jpg

moroccoempire1650.jpg

Austria put up a tough fight as the HRE. At the height of our wars, we each had armies of around a quarter million, and with allies and vassals included we were bringing 400-500k troops each to the fight. I got the best of the Austrians, however, and they never quite recovered from this -

dismantle.jpg

They had actually managed to make the HRE hereditary early on, but then stalled from there. I had to fight a first epic war to force them to revert the last reform. that one I barely managed, as I was completely drained of manpower by the end of the war.

After undertaking a massive barracks building program, I then declared war on almost the entire HRE. Fortunately, among the few excluded from the fighting was the Bohemia blob and it's 100k+ man army. Bad relations with the emperor got them removed from the elector list just before the war, in favor of Parma.

What's funny was the aftermath. Having been deprived of being able to attack each other for so long, they now went at it with gusto. The few who had been out of the fighting, or let off the hook early, took advantage of the situation. Tirol turned into a mega-Tirol for a brief time.

I didn't westernize or modernize until the early 1600s. My sliders were fine, and I had plenty of 6+ ADM leaders in the mix, but I was perpetually only about 15-16 techs off the lead, and my subtle efforts to fall behind weren't really having any effect. Eventually I just cranked up my minting to full, with no tech budget and full inflation, and just stayed that way for a number of years until someone finally manged to get a 20 tech lead, and fortunately I had a province on their border at the time. I was really starting to get worried about being stuck with Muslim tech units the rest of the game.

Just as I reached this point in the game, Ming the immovable decided suddenly to become Manchu. and shortly after the country was blanketed by rebels and was in the process of collapsing. Good move, AI!

Last edited:
A TO>PRU>GER game unpatched after download from Steam. The only reason it has the other mapmodes is because I patched the game and then took the screenshots.

EU3_5.jpg

EU3_6.jpg

EU3_MAP_GER_1797122_1.jpg

I started out expanding into Russia with the lovely Unam Sanctam national idea, then turned back towards Germany after becoming Prussia. Through a couple forced PU's and wars to get more cores for those PU's, I was able to form Germany and gobble up the majority of the HRE, badboy free. I joined the HRE at the beginning for the extra bit of protection allotted to members, which worked out well.

For a while, Bohemia was a bit of a pain until I force-PU'd them, then Austria took their place. They were only removed from power once I became Germany and took their Austrian cores. They had, in the meantime, gobbled up all of Asia Minor and North Africa, turning both into Protestant islands in the midst of my Catholic sea. Eventually they moved their capitol to Tangiers, one of their few Austrian-culture provinces left.

A couple other things of note: Japan formed, and collapsed. Ming collapsed and formed those lovely borders you see today. Portugal and Aragon moved their capitols to North America and Peru, respectively, as Castille munched on their European lands; Milan followed suit as I munched on their lands.

Beyond that, the only thing to mention is that as the German Cultural Union, and with both Russian and Tartar being accepted from my earlier conquests, practically 95% of my population is content with my rule, save for those West Slavic misfits stuck between the Russian and German lands.

Greater Austria - 1837

The Old and New Worlds in the beginning of the year of our Lord 1837, during the reign of Karl VIII von Habsburg, Imperator Augustus Romanorum ac Teutonicorum, by the grace of God, Kaiser of Großösterreich, King of Germany, France and Jerusalem, Archduke of Austria and Bohemia, Duke of Burgundy and Südafrika, Count-Palatine of Sundau and Habsburg, Scourge of the Heretics, Defender of the Faith, and of Rome and the Imperial dominions across the seas, Emperor.

Europe: Kingdom of Great Britain, Scandinavian Imperium, Russian Empire, Holy Roman Empire, Imperial Duchies of Spain and Georgia, Habsburg Duchy of Italy, Imperial Grand Duchy of Poland, Imperial Kingdom of Byzantium.

The Americas: Imperial Nordamerika, Imperial Republic of Mexico, Habsburg Duchies of New Austria, Peru, Brazil and La Plata, Imperial Duchy of Canada.

Africa: Imperial Duchies of Algiers and Kanem Bornu, Imperial Südafrika, British Colonial Africa, Sultanate of Oman

Asia & Oceania: Shaybanid Khaganate, Theocracy of Persia, Kingdoms of Assam and Khmer, Ming Celestial Empire, Empires of Manchu and Japan, Imperial Principality of Hindustan, Habsburg Duchy of Malaya, British Oceania, Habsburg (and other) colonies

Alles Erdreich ist Österreich untertan - "All the world is subject to Austria"
Austriae est imperare orbi universo - "It is Austria's destiny to rule the whole world"

(Habsburg duchies are vassals ruled by members of the extended royal family, whereas Imperial nations are non-dynastic vassals. The eleven remaining independent nations are outnumbered by the fifteen vassals!)

DWAustria-HRE1837knownworld.png

DWAustria-HRE1837political.png

58076349b.jpg

- HRE ruler & Empire goverment.
- 19 allies (game is to easy with release states ally).
- 21 vassals (in HRE 17), game is to easy than every OPM is Maybe/Likely want be vassal.
- every big empire who threat me I participate to smaller states: Austria, France, Hungary, Spain (who eat almoust all Balkans).
- pass 4/8 Imperial Decisions.
- infamy from integration of Lithuania (before that I never pass 5-6 points).
- 36 units of cavalary part in 3 armies for 12 + good general = eat every army, even bigger ones.
- Normal in every options, game without "save&loading cheating".
- Game start in 1399 with 29 June Beta.

Note for later: Play only OPM because already in 1500 you have nothing to do. :(

The Old and New Worlds in the beginning of the year of our Lord 1837, during the reign of Karl VIII von Habsburg, Imperator Augustus Romanorum ac Teutonicorum, by the grace of God, Kaiser of Großösterreich, King of Germany, France and Jerusalem, Archduke of Austria and Bohemia, Duke of Burgundy and Südafrika, Count-Palatine of Sundau and Habsburg, Scourge of the Heretics, Defender of the Faith, and of Rome and the Imperial dominions across the seas, Emperor.

Never have I seen a more beautiful map. I dare the gods themselves to bring forth a greater work of art than this Austriae est imperare orbi universo.

Became emperor. Only need 3 more reforms and then im the HRE. I hope the amount of cores i get from that
is enough to end my overextention. I placed myself between 3 hordes in order to scoop up a 30% imperial score each 5 years
(when you force a attacker to tribute/concede you get a 10% imperial score.) I hope to become HRE somewhere in the next 10 years.
Its the year 1533
EU3_MAP_SPA_1533623_1.jpg

EU3_MAP_SPA_1533623_2.jpg

Last edited:

Europe: Kingdom of Great Britain, Scandinavian Imperium, Russian Empire, Holy Roman Empire, Imperial Duchies of Spain and Georgia, Habsburg Duchy of Italy, Imperial Grand Duchy of Poland, Imperial Kingdom of Byzantium.

The Americas: Imperial Nordamerika, Imperial Republic of Mexico, Habsburg Duchies of New Austria, Peru, Brazil and La Plata, Imperial Duchy of Canada.

Africa: Imperial Duchies of Algiers and Kanem Bornu, Imperial Südafrika, British Colonial Africa, Sultanate of Oman

Asia & Oceania: Shaybanid Khaganate, Theocracy of Persia, Kingdoms of Assam and Khmer, Ming Celestial Empire, Empires of Manchu and Japan, Imperial Principality of Hindustan, Habsburg Duchy of Malaya, British Oceania, Habsburg (and other) colonies

Austriae est imperare orbi universo - "It is Austria's destiny to rule the whole world"

(Habsburg duchies are vassals ruled by members of the extended royal family, whereas Imperial nations are non-dynastic vassals. The eleven remaining independent nations are outnumbered by the fifteen vassals!)

You sir, have the most beautiful borders ever seen!

MY EYES! They are blessed with the sight of such beautiful borders!

That was an achievement-legal 5.0 game until 1780, when I decided to take up world-painting to amuse myself over the remaining half-century. I absorbed vassals, sold provinces, warred on small countries and so on to achieve those borders. My only regret is that the game time (set to 1837.1.1 in my version) rather curtailed my efforts in Africa and Asia. :)

My Ethiopian Empire 1728

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Trying to get the African power achievement, but when i get over the infamy limit...
rebels everywhere and stab hits every month, etc... any suggestions? :D

PD: look at than nice french argentina