• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
EU3_9-3.jpg

My algiers empire. Went through the first step of westernization and am getting raped by the peasants. My manpower is so low because I accidentally left an army in a "Desolate" province =p The rest of the world hates me and all my provinces are Sunni except for Fez because freakin zealots got me there

Here is my first lengthy game of DW. Decided on Byz as I have only played them once previously and thought they would allow me to take advantage of many of the new features. Ability to stay away from hordes until I was strong enough to handle them, and not deal with colonizing as I have heard some issues with the way buildings, and eventually the new world colony works now. (Next game, maybe) My ultimate goal this time is to touch the Pacific to the Atlantic in one brilliant purple strip while staying under BB.

Byz_upload.jpg

Apparently Vigayanagar has the same goal as me. Looks like I will soon be sharing a boarder with them in Basra. They are in Yemen, Oman, and souther Ethiopia as well...

ByzVig.jpg

~Orkid

Well, after my big post I made up here, I started playing again and in the meantime I've conquered the coast of Brazil and whole of Africa........ With an infamy of +100!!! After 30 years of continuous war and trouble I decided to stop the game for now and start smaller tomorrow..

I finished a 1399 start with Ayutthaya, normal settings, except lucky nations off and spread of land/sea discoveries set to 200 years. I was playing a few games seeing how different colonization went with various spread of discoveries rates, and that setting really seemed to give the best results.

I spent most of the game allied with Ming, against a superpower alliance of Manchu and a massive Vijayanagar. Eventually through some sly spy action instigated by Korea, Ming collapsed into all the usual tiny Chinese kingdoms, which allowed Manchu to eat up most of the territory until succumbing to the Korean treatment itself, and I ate a huge swathe of the south. Vijayanagar and Manchu declared war on me in about 1750, and I was more or less slaughtered between them, but I did take Vijayanagar down hard and they never recovered, eventually desintigrating into a series of tiny kingdoms. Manchu did grab a load of my Chinese aquisitions though.

Some cool thigns to see is a Genoa with her capital in Brazil and no Italian land whatsoever, a very nicely bordered Ramazan where the Ottomans are supposed to be, Louisiana who won her independence from Mexico, of all countries, and the most incredible South America I have ever seen in the game. Chile is Lombard, La Plata 25% Portugeuse and 75% lombard, and the rest Spanish. Originally, Milan and Genoa basically owned South America until rebels took over and carved out some decent borders, which are more or less the same shape as the colonies they formed from.

Great Britain was the story of the game though. After colonizing basically all of North America, they totally collapsed, seeing Haiti, Canada, Quebec, USA, Mexico and Louisiana win independence in the new world, and Ireland and wales in the old country. I figured they were toast, and as they were the only real colonial threat to South-east Asia (France and Spain were pretty neutral towards me and Netherlands never formed), I thought I was in the clear from heavy euro aggression. Then I peaked back there at about 1800, and they divided up the independent new world countries between them and the US (now their ally). They were far and away the strongest country in the game, with a ridiculous income and huge military forces.

They declared war on me in 1814. What you can't see in that map is basically all of the Ayutthayan maritime empire is totally occupied by about a hundred thousand British troops. The rest is totally blockaded by the imperial mega-fleet of doom. Another couple years of futile resistance, and Ayutthaya would have been a tiny colonial British dominion. :(

the strangest thing about that byz game is how paradox hasnt seen and realize they need to nerf the hell out of a country which took over the ottomans entire nation before the ottomans took over byzantium a two province minor... thats a huge problem

On the Syria thing, that reminds me of my byz game when they emerged CATHOLIC. what a hell they provided me with. lol.

eu31f.png

Well if it wasn't for the achievement I'd probably never have tried out the cherokee. That being said parts of this made me want to pull my hair out. All in all, I had to cancel my vassals with creek/shawnee 3 times, gave up a few provinces, no idea how many times I conceded defeat lol. Great Britian was my first neighbor....don't see them anymore do you? That's right! Revenge is sweet. I westernized 3 times in between their kicking my behind. Then westernized government, then finally military. After that it was a cake walk. Mopped up Castille's provinces, britians, scanadavia's. Brabanat Dowed on me allied with naples which was rough, eventually just from their WE I was able to white peace with both. Relaxed and colonized at that point, then made a vassal out of huron, diplo annexed shawnee/creek and was just getting ready to go to war with aquileia when milan DoW's. Pointless since they can't keep with my rather sad navy, and only have one settlement on the same continent on me which I have already sieged. Oh well....was fun and my CoT is pretty successful seeing as how no one trades in it =P

the strangest thing about that byz game is how paradox hasnt seen and realize they need to nerf the hell out of a country which took over the ottomans entire nation before the ottomans took over byzantium a two province minor... thats a huge problem

On the Syria thing, that reminds me of my byz game when they emerged CATHOLIC. what a hell they provided me with. lol.
I started with 5 provinces, 1405 start, it is a bit easier and hardly impossible. What you do not see on that picture is a high war exhaustion with a spent veto decision, I waged almost constant war for two decades just to survive! I've been pretty lucky along the way though.

Also have seen the Catholic Syria before, think it is when they emerge from Damascus who is Catholic at the start of the game. And more importantly notice the broken down Golden Horde (even with massive Steppe Horde bonuses I modded in)... And MEGA Fez, IIRC they have taken Tunis by the time I closed down the game.

I finished a 1399 start with Ayutthaya, normal settings, except lucky nations off and spread of land/sea discoveries set to 200 years. I was playing a few games seeing how different colonization went with various spread of discoveries rates, and that setting really seemed to give the best results.

I spent most of the game allied with Ming, against a superpower alliance of Manchu and a massive Vijayanagar. Eventually through some sly spy action instigated by Korea, Ming collapsed into all the usual tiny Chinese kingdoms, which allowed Manchu to eat up most of the territory until succumbing to the Korean treatment itself, and I ate a huge swathe of the south. Vijayanagar and Manchu declared war on me in about 1750, and I was more or less slaughtered between them, but I did take Vijayanagar down hard and they never recovered, eventually desintigrating into a series of tiny kingdoms. Manchu did grab a load of my Chinese aquisitions though.

Some cool thigns to see is a Genoa with her capital in Brazil and no Italian land whatsoever, a very nicely bordered Ramazan where the Ottomans are supposed to be, Louisiana who won her independence from Mexico, of all countries, and the most incredible South America I have ever seen in the game. Chile is Lombard, La Plata 25% Portugeuse and 75% lombard, and the rest Spanish. Originally, Milan and Genoa basically owned South America until rebels took over and carved out some decent borders, which are more or less the same shape as the colonies they formed from.

Great Britain was the story of the game though. After colonizing basically all of North America, they totally collapsed, seeing Haiti, Canada, Quebec, USA, Mexico and Louisiana win independence in the new world, and Ireland and wales in the old country. I figured they were toast, and as they were the only real colonial threat to South-east Asia (France and Spain were pretty neutral towards me and Netherlands never formed), I thought I was in the clear from heavy euro aggression. Then I peaked back there at about 1800, and they divided up the independent new world countries between them and the US (now their ally). They were far and away the strongest country in the game, with a ridiculous income and huge military forces.

They declared war on me in 1814. What you can't see in that map is basically all of the Ayutthayan maritime empire is totally occupied by about a hundred thousand British troops. The rest is totally blockaded by the imperial mega-fleet of doom. Another couple years of futile resistance, and Ayutthaya would have been a tiny colonial British dominion. :(

What map is this?

I'm not a pro at this game.. but i don't think I'm a newbie either ..maybe a step up from newbie ..alot of things i don't know how they work.but any way pics.my first almost finished game..Just got out of a war and regency right before the war.. on the third thumbnail my inflation was almost 80 then i taught myself how to control it so really i think its pretty good considering..im not one to read manuals..
EU3_1.jpg

Attachments

• EU3_MAP_HAB_1817.11.7_1.jpg
    EU3_MAP_HAB_1817.11.7_1.jpg
    39,6 KB · Views: 94
  • EU3_MAP_HAB_1817.11.7_2.jpg
    EU3_MAP_HAB_1817.11.7_2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 82
Last edited: