• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The game has definetly hardened up. In Httt I already owned central Italy and parts of Scotland and Iceland at that time, playing Tyrone > Ireland... (everything on normal, monthly autosave due to frequent cpu-crashes because of shaky SLI)

Ireland 1474.
I followed Castille against Granada and managed to control the sieges of Almeira and Gibraltar. So I was able to annex the entire nation.
Then I continued with Castille against Morocco getting Cetua and Tangiers. I sold Granada to Castille over 10 years for roughly 1,100 gold.
When England was at war with France I funded spies in Meath which defected to me.
I formed Ireland when I intervened in a war with the other Irish nations. (took Connaught and Munster, vassalized Leinster, diploannexed it 10 years later).
The other gains in Africa and Europe were vulturing when nations were at war with others.
Morocco was partially taken by Castille, but when it was excommunicated and at war with many other nations I took Morocco and castillian Morocco.
After my first NI I focused on Trade for QFTNW. Got it in 1447. But before colonizing I followed Scotland, Burgundy and Portugal into war against England (well I used the Alliance CB, so I could decide when the war ended). BB never crossed the limit.
The rest ist obvious.
Problem is my leader right now. A 3/3/3 (We have been cursed!!! God have merci on us all! *ggg*)
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/6646/85013829.jpg
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/5967/98422653.jpg

Last edited:
Finally united the HRE with Austria in 1510!

zfuzelrs.jpg

Imperial Asia. o_O

So, here's my second full game: Japan in 1821.
jap1.jpg

jap2.jpg

I formed Japan in the early to mid 1500's and westernized in the early 1600's thanks to a Portuguese province on the Malay Peninsula. I converted to Catholicism after one of my province converted and I got the Christians event. I was originally going to westernize and then colonize the West Coast of America, but the Qin were ravaging everything and I had to take them down. They owned large parts of East Africa, Southeast Asia, and even Mexico. So, I conquered them and gave up on a colonial empire, with Guam being the only remnant of that strategy. It was a pretty rewarding game. I spent the last century or so just catching up in tech and converting all those Chinese provinces.

My first DW empire, Holland/Netherlands, currently in 1597.

EU3_MAP_NED_159711_1.jpg

I intend to continue colonising, and 'lose' the colonial uprisings in the Americas when they begin. South America is Off limits for me (personal rule: SA is AI playing field). In Africa I will not expand northward from where I am now (inland is fair game, though). Future expansion will be India, China coasts and Brunei/Indonesia/Australia.

The world:
EU3_MAP_NED_159711_2.jpg

That one blob is Milan. You know the one I'm talking about.

I have several future ambitions, dismantling the HRE (have left the hre, have 3 electors as vassals. Waiting for a casus belii against the last 4+emperor), allowing Italy and Germany to form, Let Sweden form Scandinavia. But Milan has to be shut down before all else. And I'm not certain I can. UK is useless-they have collapsed 12 times during the last 50 years. France has proven a valuable ally but gets me into wars I don't want. Castille is obsessed with Turkey and I have to save it constantly from WE rebellions (I forceconverted her to Reformed back in the 1530s. Castille mainland is still 30% catholic....). Austria, Bohemia, Lithouania and Bavaria hate my guts, and are all allied with milan, or defenders of teh faith, or the emperor,... Oh, yeah, this will be tricky.

Last edited:
EU3_MAP_BYZ_1809.8.28_1.jpg

year is 1809, all that is purple is also orthodox! furthest i've ever taken a game, first time i've ever maxxed tech. My biggest empire by miles. Don't know if I could ever do a WC, the only thing slowing me down was infamy.

Here's My Neapolitan Empire after 40 years of playing. I currently am claiming the throne of Brittany, so they will be among my ranks soon. Also I am about to take the rest of Morocco's lands. I think it's pretty impressive after 40 years. My infamy is only 26 I believe.

Here is the world map:

@Jayavarman: I would also prefer that Granada could not form Spain. However, they could recreate the Caliphate of Cordoba which should give similar boni but no cores on the Pyrenee provinces if my memory does not fail me.

Here's My Neapolitan Empire after 40 years of playing. I currently am claiming the throne of Brittany, so they will be among my ranks soon. Also I am about to take the rest of Morocco's lands. I think it's pretty impressive after 40 years. My infamy is only 26 I believe.
Your borders rank among the worst I've ever seen.

Prussia 1596, started as Teutonic Order in 1399
EU3_MAP_PRU_1596107_1.jpg

You can just cross out the first letter and most of it will be just fine)

The thing that annoys me is that every freaking hellhole of a duchy feels obligated to claim some colonies in Africa and America. That's stupid.

@Jayavarman: I would also prefer that Granada could not form Spain. However, they could recreate the Caliphate of Cordoba which should give similar boni but no cores on the Pyrenee provinces if my memory does not fail me.
Indeed. Shouldn't be too hard to mod though.

Teutonic order 1450ish.
eu32.jpg

Yaroslav was much bigger ~20 years ago oddly enough; I wanted a screenshot for the strange screens thread, but f-lock wasn't on and I didn't realize it : ( I just got 9 infamy taking a bite out of austria in a defensive war. I took Venice quite a while back because their trade empire was getting all up in my grill and they were just a twopm. Granted, I could have released them afterwards, but once you get Venice it's hard to give it up : (