• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
hopefully they wont form the HRE and break alliance like they did on my successful Knight campaign! :p
Yeah, let us hope. Luckily they seem to be pretty unstable, Moldavia revolted successfully from them.

No you don't, I see there a flag of Karaman Beyligi. They are Turks too :p Still a nice empire for the Knights :cool:
Better like this? :p And thanks.

EU3_88.jpg

Mecca is mine, but the real prize is in the hands of Castille :( I think I need to build up a navy if I want to force it out of their hands. Also, the pope left Rome and moved his capital to Africa for some reason :S

EU3_MAP_MCH_1468.7.27_1.jpg

Look at Manchuria. I achieved that only through colonisation :cool: (okay, I did add colonists through cheats, but pshhht)
It got even bigger later, but unfortunately I don't have a screen :sad:

IMHO georgia should just have :
Muslim tech group(To stand any chances against hordes)
Have +100% to forcelimit as long as it have 5 or less provinces.

That really doesn't make sense historically, though. Balancing changes should be made to the hordes instead.

EU3_119-1.jpg

Rome, Constantinople, Jerusalem and Mecca are in our hands... The crusade is finally complete. Deus vult!

Just after I had built a huge fleet and planned to attack Castille, a giant revolt occurred in the holy land and it all defected to the Mamluks, and handling them was easy, so I got very lucky :p I might keep playing to endgame just to see how the world develops. Moldavia is my vassal and ally, Bohemia is also my ally (I have never called them for help though, I just keep the alliance to make sure they don't do anything against me). Yemen, Haasa and Najd are also my allies as I just forced Oman to release them. Also, I couldn't move my capital to Judea, it being an Asian province... Maybe I should just keep my capital at Rhodes at this point :p

Wow. I could never accomplish that much as the Knights. Well done!
Thanks! It's all about getting lucky/acting quickly in the beginning.
Well actualy knights are in quite good position - wealthy land, good resources... And Western tech if i recall correctly. Try doing something simmiliar with riga.
Yeah, they are western. Their big problem is the Ottomans. If they act against you early, you're doomed. But if you get lucky in the beginning, it's pretty easy to turn the tide. And as Riga I guess you need to get lucky with the Teutons collapsing.
The simple fact that Georgia lives at all in Vanilla is kinda beautiful.

Look at this AI Georgia then :rolleyes: I converted them to catholicism back when they were still a small country :happy:

My Byzantium game, one of the funniest so far. Year 1438
eu3byzantium.jpg

Defeated the Ottomans by supporting revolts and locking them in Anatolia, then i basicaly drove their WE up for a couple of years while attacking over the strait over and over again while supporting revolts in their back. Eventually annexed them.

All of the territory I have gained in the Balkans/Greece is defected provinces :D As is some of those in Asia.

Timurids collapsed some 10 years ago and are at war with, like the whole Middle east and Asia. They want to peace out of the war with me, I will do that very soon as you can see that my cash is very low, bankruptcy soon :/. Golden horde is the biggest problem, so far I have given them tribute but they comes back every other year :/

Fun facs: Denmark's union with Sweden is still going strong, but Norway is Independent and actually have conquered one or two Swedish provinces :)

Also Aragon looks kinda strong but they just got excommunicated.

I just finished a campaign as Austria. I wanted to try out the HRE mechanic from a position of relative strength, and I wanted to see how much of the world I could get without going over the infamy limit. I enjoyed the HRE mechanic, managed to unite it fairly quickly. I had enough HRE membersas part of Austria from start and through inheritance that I could gin up the necessary authority for a decision by releasing vassals, so I could take my time building up relations with members and subduing the larger ones, so I actually only had one member refuse unification.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/benjmn/screenshot/559815365053096455/?

I mostly conquered Europe. I never got around to subduing Russia, Connaught, Lithuania, or the Tuetonic Order. I think Hannover survived on an Island somewhere as well. Everyone else was vassalized or in a personal union with me. I hoped I'd inherit France, England, Sicily, Venice, or Sweden, my biggest personal unions, like I did Spain, but despite killing off multiple kings it never happened.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/benjmn/screenshot/559815365053117597/?

In Asia I never quite got through to China or Southeast Asia. I made an abortive attempt at conquering Japan, but started too late in the campaign and so gave up on it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/benjmn/screenshot/559815365053144995/?

In the Pacific I just colonized. Didn't conquer any island nations.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/benjmn/screenshot/559815365053160695/?

Africa is mine, except for those Danish refugees. They moved their capital there before I noticed, taking away the low-infamy colonial war option to take the colonies.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/benjmn/screenshot/559815365053170760/?

This is why I was hoping to inherit Venice. They colonized South America like crazy and then moved their capital there.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/benjmn/screenshot/559815365053185496/?

North America is mine except for the Prussian refugees. I kept hoping I could fabricate claims or something and get control of them that way, as I was reluctant to spend infamy on conquest of relatively poor Christian provinces that weren't contiguous with my land empire. The opportunity never arose though, so they stayed independent.

I don't know who I'll play as next. Maybe I'll do a Chinese or Japanese faction to try out their unique game mechanics.

Did Venice switch government type to a monarchy then? How did that happen :eek:

They did. I don't know how, just that at some point they were a monarchy. If I had to guess, I'd say they lost to rebels, but I didn't see it happen. Then they had succession troubles I took advantage of to force them into a personal union.

Last edited:
They did. I don't know how, just that at some point they were a monarchy. If I had to guess, I'd say they lost to rebel nobles. Then they had succession troubles I took advantage of to force them into a personal union.

Yeah, I've seen rebels do it to Genoa. Cool to know the AI Venice can become a colonizing power, wonder how it did it? The problem with Venice is that its starting position isn't ideal for the colonization of America.

\
EU3_119-1.jpg
[spoiler/]

Rome, Constantinople, Jerusalem and Mecca are in our hands... The crusade is finally complete. Deus vult!

Just after I had built a huge fleet and planned to attack Castille, a giant revolt occurred in the holy land and it all defected to the Mamluks, and handling them was easy, so I got very lucky :p I might keep playing to endgame just to see how the world develops. Moldavia is my vassal and ally, Bohemia is also my ally (I have never called them for help though, I just keep the alliance to make sure they don't do anything against me). Yemen, Haasa and Najd are also my allies as I just forced Oman to release them. Also, I couldn't move my capital to Judea, it being an Asian province... Maybe I should just keep my capital at Rhodes at this point :p

Thanks! It's all about getting lucky/acting quickly in the beginning.

Yeah, they are western. Their big problem is the Ottomans. If they act against you early, you're doomed. But if you get lucky in the beginning, it's pretty easy to turn the tide. And as Riga I guess you need to get lucky with the Teutons collapsing.

Look at this AI Georgia then :rolleyes: I converted them to catholicism back when they were still a small country :happy:
wow, i didnt know france could be so divided

edit: well. ive tried O:

Nice Georgia :cool:. Plus, is that the Papal State in north-west africa?:eek: If so, how on earth did they end up there? I've never seen the AI-Papal colonise.

It's wierd - in all the games I've played, I've never seen bohemia colonise it's way into central asia like that. It's all they do in this forum though.:confused:

It's wierd - in all the games I've played, I've never seen bohemia colonise it's way into central asia like that. It's all they do in this forum though.:confused:

Exactly my expiriance too. People whine here all the time about blobing Bohemians and Austrians, but it never happened in any of my games. And I play a lot, DW 5.1. BJLT.