• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How do I post my picture from my game? I have it saved but I'm unfamiliar with these forums.

The easiest way is to use an image hosting site like photobucket. You upload it there and then you can paste the link here between the image tags, resulting in the image showing up in your post.

Hi look I know this isnt a troubleshooting thread, but since all the images here are of the same thing i hope you can help me real quick. I want to uplaod the full map image with me and my vassals (first game without cheats, quite proud!) but the file size on the screenys from shift+f12 or f12 is 37mb in size!!! Is this right???

Obviously i cant upload to imageshack with that size - do i need to do anything to the file??? Any help would be great - sorry for the off topic, just seemed a wise place to post, given that you are all posting the same screenys.

So this is my first real game that i have played (did a few mess arounds with cheats to get a basic understanding of what does what etc). Its 1503. My aims were to unite GB and become a major Colinial power in N America and South Africa.

First thing I did was take out Ireland and intergrate them into my mighty empire. Then my greedy eyes turned to Scotland......Now I didnt notice that they were Gurenteed by France, but it worked in my favour. I was Allied with Aragon and they kept the french armies busy for the most part, whilst I dealt with those pesky Scots.

I curb stomped Scotland quick and then sent my armies swiftly down onto europe to retake lost territories and then take French and there Vassels Lands - I demanded that the french release certain states, vassals etc and made them my own.....I did this for most of my wars with france (And Burgandy for the most recent part of the game). France now has two provinces left.

Burgandy attacked me......so they have followed much the same fate. Austria and Switerland are long time allies of Burgandy, but luckily they are land locked away from me.

Anyway I have my initial stopping colonies postioned in Africa and greenland so that i can continue my colonisation of those areas once they become cores (or my naval tech is sufficient, which ever is sooner).....I already have a foothold in N america since I wiped out some North American Country. I am raking in the cash and have over 100K Manpower.........should use that some how i suppose.... :rolleyes:

eu3gbrmyvassals.jpg

gbr1503world.jpg

Iroquois, 1649, using DW 3/30 beta, and I'm pretty sure I'm doomed by now, despite having long completed westernization. Full disclosure: The native games have become much easier now. Although they can auto-annex captured provinces, the AI doesn't exploit that feature, except against colonies.

Starting in 1488, I was able to begin my colonization south, in order to reach the Cherokee/Shawnee/Creek tribes for their conquest. At the time, I thought it best to leave a buffer zone between them and the ocean until I westernized so an AI wouldn't sneak up on me too easily. Big mistake. Although I avoided the early game wars, for the rest of the game, I've been subject to constant blockading of pretty much every port. Without any sea cores until 1669, I can't field a navy at all to fight the Europeans, much less a navy equivalent to their forces. Add to that the perpetual warfare occurring, and my war exhaustion is at 10+ WE, plus manpower is depleted. Long story short, the game had a good run, but I'm pretty sure I'm done here. I'm keeping the save file to try again in the future, but it was fun while it lasted.

On the bright side, though, I have a save version starting from 1488 (the year I got colonial ventures), so I don't have to spend 80 years staring at a game that's not actually doing anything. :) Last night, I tried similarly to play a Huron game, but even with a massive emphasis on government development, I could only reach colonial ventures by 1515, by which time the Europeans have already kicked down the Creek's front door.

But actually, if it weren't for the war exhaustion buildup, I actually think I could last quite a while this game. I haven't had to give any concessions (aside from conceding defeat once in a while just to get an annoying war out of my hair), as the Europeans haven't really been able to gain a strong foothold in my country. Although they've had a more than stable blockade over the years, I've been able to handle the land wars up until now, and it's not even interfering with my economy buildup/colonial expansion. Against Spain, I was able to bring them to -3 stability before finally grabbing cash and a border province, and after a 35 WS win against France, took 2650 ducats and Muskogee, pushing them off the continent.

Anyway, this has been a good learning experience for me. Specifically, at about 1440, a lightbulb clicked in my brain, as I realized I can take on those stupid colonies that keep popping up by sending spies against them. In addition, I'll be trying a couple new strategies for the pre-Westernization development process. Just one gameplay question, though: Is there any way the Iroquois can get more colonists per year, aside from Colonial Ventures and building a coastal CoT? I generally have 10-12 colonies growing at any time with both Colonial Ventures and Land of Opportunity. Going narrowminded really just isn't an option, both due to the 3 tech jumps and the fact that I'm obviously lagging in tech from being 100 years backward, with no access to most foreign CoT.

Long story short, this has been by far in my top 5 favorite games ever... look forward to trying it again, and seeing if I can get a real win here. :)

Other than that, some interesting notes with the map:
1: Look at that Papal State! I actually fought a good war against them earlier... gave me a chuckle when they DOWed me.
2: Haha, Russia won't be forming this time! Awww, who's got your Novogorod? :)
3: That white blob in Eastern Europe isn't the Papal States. Transylvania's blobbing!

EDIT: Okay, seriously, how do I get this thing working? I had to resize my picture before putting it on imageshack... any ideas as to how to upload the pictures without resizing?

I started as Naples in 1399 and the current year is 1651. My dynasty just changed from "de Valois" to "de Medici" much to my dismay. The de Valois dynasty has France, England, Scandinavia, Pomerania, and Spain. I got Portugal in a PU and it kept changing from inheriting to staying as a PU with my de Valois king. As soon as he died it went to de Medici and so did my inheritance. I had Corsica in a PU and integrated them. I was able to get to the America's before most everyone besides Portugal and I was(still) far behind in tech by around 3-4 per tech. I took out most of the native nations. Also I'm in a never ending war with the Japanese factions. Any way to end this? Portugal's war exhaustion has been far past the limits for around 50 years, along with the Japanese factions obviously.
EU3_MAP_ITA_167811_2.jpg

Just one gameplay question, though: Is there any way the Iroquois can get more colonists per year, aside from Colonial Ventures and building a coastal CoT? I generally have 10-12 colonies growing at any time with both Colonial Ventures and Land of Opportunity.

Get a border with the Timurids!

I had a similar blockade problem in my Huron game. But when I finally had ports core, it only took five or so years to build up a large enough navy to break the blockades. A navy large enough to, oh, sail down the Thames and sack London will take quite a bit longer, but the fleets blocking you shouldn't be more than five or ten ships. Are you focusing on trading? Since you start full plutocratic, a few moves Free Trade and the right NIs can make you the richest country in the world.

Last edited:
Get a border with the Timurids!

I had a similar blockade problem in my Huron game. But when I finally had ports core, it only took five or so years to build up a large enough navy to break the blockades. A navy large enough to, oh, sail down the Thames and sack London will take quite a bit longer, but the fleets blocking you shouldn't be more than five or ten ships. Are you focusing on trading? Since you start full plutocratic, a few moves Free Trade and the right NIs can make you the richest country in the world.

Way ahead of you, actually (surprisingly, since I pretty much never play trade nation games, as I generally play Byzantines, Russians, or other guys with sharp objects). Almost at full free trade. I've got monopolies on every CoT I'm in right now. There's just one problem, though: The world hates me, so I'm locked out of most global CoT.

Joke's on them, though. My little Mohawk is the biggest CoT in the world... and there's only one country that can trade in it, because everyone else is whiny little Catholics who won't negotiate with the Iroquois! Love locking the world out from there, haha!

Hang on, why is the nation in Burma shaped like itself?

I am a kind and generous master, who helps his vassals grow in ways they never thought possible. ;) I even let Pegu remain the last existing Buddhist state, while I converted the rest of east Asia to Sunni.

Here's some bonus epic fail for the morning. 180 or so years of mostly boredom, followed by France and Spain coming to say hi with 80+ regiments. Sweden just dogpiled on a year later. Kind of overkill I think. At least my battered remnants managed to westernize before they came back for seconds!

aztecfail.jpg

Sorry ignore my noobyness - I got it. jpg huh.........god damn techy stuff. lol.

Open your image with paint or something like that and save it as a .JPG. Good luck

Actually, you want to save this type of image (low number of colors) as a .gif. Better quality (no jpg compression) and smaller file sizes.

Actually, you want to save this type of image (low number of colors) as a .gif. Better quality (no jpg compression) and smaller file sizes.
For anything more than 256 colors (EU3 world maps will usually give 100-200 colors) you'll want to use .png, though as .gif reduces the numbers of colors to 256.
So for screenshots, use .png, while for maps both .png and .gif works fine.