• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, I went from a humble Baltic empire...
EU3_5.jpg

Just curiosity, who is that in north-west Spain?

How did you survive the Ming blob? Or did you play with a mod that gave them a chance?

It helps to have powerful vassals though. In my HRE game, I've got several power-house vassals. I'm also slowly achieving vassalized colonies (USA and Brazil so far, in historical place! :D)

2. Vassals as large as Scandinavia and allies are useless when you actually need them. In my minor wars against North Africa, early Sweden/Denmark, Portugal, and Aragon where I did not need much help, my allies were more than willing to show up. In my one major war where it was virtually the “end all”, I fought for 7 years against an opponent that outnumbered me 3 to 1. My biggest ally, Prussia ditched me and then Pommerania and Scandinavia never showed up. My discovery? Never get involved in a war you can’t win yourself. Which I still came out tied with the Ottomans, but I couldn’t spare resources to fight the rebels because of it. This resulted in my downfall.

I'm on my first game, too, and I have to agree with this. I spent years cultivating Hungary as an ally. Just had Scandinavia declare war on me (again), and Hungary promptly ditched me, leaving me to fend for myself.

North Africa is easy to control because it has no value and very small population. When there are rebellions, they will never be big. Rebellion size is dependent upon the population and/or base tax value. Can't remember which, but Africa had little of either. If you gave up Spain for north Africa you would be quite the fool indeed. You may have just been very lucky if there were no rebels at all.

To lower infamy very quickly, release vassals. Especially those in big regions with lots of low value provinces, such as Scandinavia and North Africa. In retrospect, that really would have saved you there. -2 BB per province released.

You never mentioned your cassus belli in any of those wars. You know, you can take provinces for much less than 4 BB, and you won't take a stability hit, if you have a proper CB. The best one is Holy War. Of course the regions you will expand into will usually be dirt poor, but it is a good, low infamy way to expand nonetheless.

Thanks for all the advice. ^.^ In retrospect, it seems I made quite a few mistakes. Time to choose someone new and try again!

I've been gone for a long time, with college and work sapping my time coupled with other internet websites. For the past few weeks I've been playing a mostly hands off game for the MPM mod after finding some free time. Like last time I was an island nation waiting for the time to pass as I saw the world play out.

I did meddle a few times, the only substantial one was ripping apart the Ming after the Yan State broke away on its own. The Ming gradually annexed all its former pieces so the overall effect was not what I thought it would be. Apart from that I saved Ireland after I saw it form naturally twice. The other times were just selling provinces that should never exist under the ownership of that faction, but after around 1680 or so I didn't touch a thing.

So... shame on me.

[video=youtube;hPgJGzooaoM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPgJGzooaoM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Prussia I never touched, even though I did pray that Austria would beat them nothing could match that particular Lucky Nation, though the Osman Empire was in fact stronger and larger, it wasn't as powerful nor as influential as it should have been.

The Mughals formed and became an economic and military powerhouse, which I found was awesome. France, Great Britain, Portugal, Two Sicilies/Naples, and Spain couldn't crack that country, even though it was dozens of techs behind.

Russia didn't expand the way it could have, it had an openning into Siberia to colonize, but never did. It conquered the states to its east, but never annexed them. It was annoying when they ended up selling their rights to Siberia to the Italians because they wouldn't move.

Khwazermia is not Kazakhstan, and came out abnormally strong quickly reaching the Pacific, before wrestling with the Yan State and Korea, even conquering bits of the Golden Horde.

Which reminds me, the Timurids resurrected themselves more times than any other state on the map, sometimes from Khwazermia sometimes from the Mughals, but the true oddity comes from the Golden Horde, which collapsed, regrouped, collapsed, regrouped, and then maintained themselves as a Mid-Level power fighting off the Poles and Russians throughout the game, though nearing the end the tech gap was too great and started to fall.

The Russo-Austrian Alliance was the strongest powerblock for a few centuries before the Franco-Prussian-Swede alliance overtook them. The Empire of Sweden was briefly the strongest country in the world, before Prussia betrayed them and later France abandoned them. Nearing the end they began to rebuild themselves from being fundamentally crushed.

Great Britain formed and then suffered a most unfortunate existence. The Sicilians, Irish, French, Swedes, Prussians, Brittanians, and the Iberians (all three) constantly maintained a presence on the islands. The French, Prusisans, and Sicilians were the alliance leaders of multiple conflicts, while the others contented themselves to merely capturing all the mainland territories and asking for all the cash they had.

All in all this was a pretty fun game to watch.

Prussia, an army with a country.

Land53, 163 discipline (with commendant), 250ish regiments raised up to the force limits

Time to drive Burgundy to the sea? Or should I wait 5ish years so I can form Germany first before attacking the Burgundian emperor? Coz I was thinking about just forming Germany, building stuff and troops, then I'm finally gonna re-conquest DoW the entire HRE. Unless I'm terribly mistaken, at that point I get immediate cores on all German provs, so when I re-conquest, the emperor can't request that territory.

Do I still get the unlawful infamy hit though? I guess I should disband the HRE while I'm at it, then there shouldn't be any legal babble to bother me?

EU3_13.jpgEU3_MAP_PRU_177111_1.jpg