• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, the CoTs. Free trade gives exceptional bonuses to trading in foreign CoTs, ie ones without your provinces in their trading zone.

yeah exactly i'm always going free trade but the thing is i havent had that many monopolies, like three at most but on the other hand i haven't played beyond 1550 for a very long time so I guess it's easier if you own most of the world like that later in the game..

29th june beta + DAOLITE
Brandenburg - Prussia,

After Prussian military reforms, I will form Germany.

Pru1.jpg

Pru2.jpg

Pru3.jpg

Pru4.jpg

EU3_MAP_PRU_1637328_1.png

yeah exactly i'm always going free trade but the thing is i havent had that many monopolies, like three at most but on the other hand i haven't played beyond 1550 for a very long time so I guess it's easier if you own most of the world like that later in the game..

It's easy to monopolize your own CoTs with mercantilism because your compete chance bonus is huge when you supply most of the Trade Value. Of course, my compete chance at outside CoT's is non-existent due to my infamy and owning non-core CoT's. The most important parts about my trading there, though, are my, uhhh, hostile takeover of the competition, which leaves a ton of open slots in the CoTs, and my use of the sound tolls and post offices to jack up the trade value of my CoTs. My take home amount exceeds the value of the CoT in many cases.

You can do it too with free trade, but the bonuses are much smaller for owned CoTs, so the placed merchant penalty will cut deeper and you face the same infamy and non-core CoT penalties for outside CoTs. Plus there's the opportunity cost of all those slider clicks, especially if you're huge and your timer is at 20+ years.

Too green to be a pure Ireland. Looks like Leinster, but they just haven't used their Form Ireland decision.
Ah, forgot about Britain. That's York actually. I started with the Grand Campaign, but England fractured with the Reformation. Not sure why it hasn't formed England or GB yet.

Bremen is the City of Bremen, Stade was the site of the Archbishopric of Bremen. It's confusing, I know.
Thanks.

Playing Vijayanagara -> Hindustan. Click for big.

Hey guys,

Posting my third ever campaign in EU3, got crushed the first two but learned quite a bit. This is on normal difficulty, so don't be surprised by how big I got! I'll try the next game on very hard, I'm a bit scared of it though.

EDIT: Forgot to include my pre-suicidal wars where I ignored infamy. The first pic is now pre-banzai! And the second is post. The rest of the world is the same in both, it's only a few month difference.

EDIT2: OH! And the reason there are so many nations in Russia is because the previous ruler collapse. Unbelievably enough, Yaroslavl controlled ALL of Russia all the way to China. Yes, Yaroslavl. I think they took a ton of territory while I was beating up on the poor Mongols. Anyways, it was probably the most epic "nation collapsing" that I've seen (admittedly, I've only played 3 games). Because they start with only 1 province (I think just the one), when they collapsed, they lost about 50 or 60 provinces in one go. Quite the power vacuum!

fcqybb.jpg

qr0n0i.jpg

2dph1s.jpg

sy9ic3.jpg

Last edited: