• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My first DW game as Cyprus, in 1696.

EU3_MAP_CYP_16961124_1.png

The light green in Mexico and Chile is Liege, and Normandy and Riga have colonies in Africa...

EU3_MAP_CYP_16961124_2.png

Whats that off yellow in Arabia?

Quite early yet, but can't move on bc my save game bugged after forming Russia, so I'll waste some time posting:

EU3_1.jpg

This is a year I think after getting lucky with mission "save our brethren in Smolensk!" just before Smolensk breaking away from Lit :p

I haven't touched anything west of my borders, besides grabbing Ingria area + Kexholm from Teuts quite early (they got it while helping me against novgorod) and I've been allied with Poland ever since they and Lit finally split up.
Funny, Lit was at war with breakaways Polotsk and Ukraine for like a decade, probably because PU juniors can't make peace :p
Other fun stuff, Friesland has a bit of england, and englad just got half of wales. Also Cyprus = Byz atm. Genoa lost Azow to rebellion, and Kaffa to Milan.
I'm considering taking Lombardy from Milan so they move capitol to Kaffa, force them to change religion and Make them my westernizer puppet.

Had us fooled there Boyo'

Also here's my Italian Colonial empire.

I control the Yugoslavia area, the Carribean and some Indian islands.
I am also Number one in everything except prestige because of high BB and low legit.
But I am extremely far ahead in Tech :D
It's only 1508 so I have a long way to go.
EU3_MAP_ITA_150869_1.jpg

Quite early yet, but can't move on bc my save game bugged after forming Russia, so I'll waste some time posting:

My save game got buggy after forming Malaya as Makassar. It let me continue, but the final autosave is 200mb (205,456kb to be exact). It just kept growing everytime it saved, so I lowered to autosave to only once per year (I usually do it bi-yearly).

And here is that Makassar --> Malaya game, the final empire at 1821.

EU3_MAP_MSA_182111_1.jpg

probably the biggest mess of a game I've ever witnessed. The only stable region in the entire world is Malaya. Probably 50 nations have over sea's colonies, or at least did before the revolts, its just hideous.

EU3_MAP_MSA_182111_2.jpg

I could have gotten much, much more, but I wanted to have low infamy and I wanted to finish constructing custom houses in every province, so at some point I stopped expanding to try and reach that goal, but in the end, I did not achieve. Also built temples and level 2 forts in at least 80% of the empire, most other buildings were vastly neglected. No province is owned in the east indies by a foreign sovereign nation.

EU3_10-2.jpg

As you can see, Malaya is the greatest economic power by far. They are also the greatest land and naval power on earth as well. The navy is entirely modernized and although Malaya does not have the largest army, its 6, 20k stacks can instantly annihilate almost any other doomstacks on earth. Nations like Castille and England tremble at Malaya's might.

Malaya is also the most technologically advanced nation on earth. Only Lorraine is even remotely close. And thats mostly because of the ahead of time penalties I'm paying.

EU3_11-1.jpg

EU3_13-1.jpg

Finally, the pride of the Malayan nation. Mostly of Sulawesi culture, the devout Sunni faithful are a highly productive group. Malaya leads the world in Fish, Spice, and Naval Supplies production.

It was a 1399 start, all settings on normal, no cheating except some restarts early in the campaign. Its not easy to survive as Makassar, but once you get a few provinces its just like any other potential maritime power.

Last edited:
Nice Malayas there. You should get beta patch to get rid of the huge savegames problem.