• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Next person who posts a Byzantine game, I will warp through their computer and punch them in the face. Byzantines, Byzantines, Byzantines. Does nobody play Balkan countries? HRE states? Indians, Vietnamese, Arabs, anything?

Finally someone who understands me!! ... we should be ... blood brothers :D . We are now on the 3rd page of people trolling me with Byz empires...

to all those who deem it necessary to post another BYZ empire, please note the following:
-It's not cool
-Not impressive
-Boring

Please refrain or else (look at the quote)

*eyetwitch* Byzantium still exists.

Kidding aside, you don't see an Algiers game everyday. A nicely coming along Hedjaz is cool to see. I must say, my time lurking in this thread has immunized me to seeing any of the other somewhat odd happenings in that shot . . . oh, and why does Serbia still exist? You've surrounded them . . .
It's part of my own house rules: If I have over 20 infamy and I'm fighting a defensive war I will only take one province from an enemy country. I happened to be at war against Ragusa, Bosnia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Wallachia and Transylvania (Ragusa and Bosnia being OPMs) so Serbia was left as an OPM in the middle after the war ended.

hey guise check out my byzantine game lol !

eu32.png

in all seriousness heres my brabant 1687

eu3mapbrb16871163.png

Next person who posts a Byzantine game, I will warp through their computer and punch them in the face. Byzantines, Byzantines, Byzantines. Does nobody play Balkan countries? HRE states? Indians, Vietnamese, Arabs, anything?

Does Rome count(not the east roman empire also called "Byzantium" a name I hate! but the real roman empire SPQR)?

Only true men play BYZ

Byzantium is so ridiculously overpowered in this game and is one of the easiest nations to play. Just abuse the straits and win against the first war with the Ottomans and you can now take a bunch of unrealistic cores, one of the worst games I ever played was as the Byzies. Overpowered from day 1.

A non-Byzantine empire:

My next goal is to take Messina from Naples and clean up the Balkans a bit by conquering Serbia and kicking some Byzantine ass.

As someone who has played tunisia I can tell you that you got extremely lucky with those borders in spain. I owned all northern africa and half of the mumluks and then castille came down and my day was over...

Byzantium is so ridiculously overpowered in this game and is one of the easiest nations to play. Just abuse the straits and win against the first war with the Ottomans and you can now take a bunch of unrealistic cores, one of the worst games I ever played was as the Byzies. Overpowered from day 1.
Byzantium is not overpowerd.
Ottomans is underpowerd.
That a nation does well does not mean it is op.
And the cores are realistic becuase it was lost not long ago.

Try playing as them in a mod that remove the straits, on very hard and against a Ottoman Empire that has a army 4x bigger than yours, even if you break the forcelimits.
I shouldn't have deleted the DAO folder together with my saves last week...:rolleyes:

At least it is over , it's such a bother to play a continent-spanning empire!
i've done pretty much nothing since 1750 , annexed back colonial revolters who think they can snap my provinces without ever rebelling there!
Uruguay flipped two times (Paraguay and la Plata )
I grabbed a province in Africa to get the achievement , then sold it to Ireland as it was pretty much worthless
I wanted to well my japanese province , but I can't do it to the saymos , and Japan itself is landlocked and won't accept it for free

Pah, all that BYZ hate. Byzantium is pretty overpowered compared to real-life but that doesn't mean it still isn't a challenging game.

Anyway.
eu3mapnub1623751.png

funj1623.png

Death&Taxes 2.1. This started out as an observer game, with Japan. It was kinda boring though (and Yamana was close to forming Japan), so at around 1500 I switched to newly-released Funj, thinking that I'd westernise Funj, give it a fighting chance, then move on to some other nation. Shouldn't be hard, I thought, since in my previous experiences with westernisation the main problem was always finding the neighbour, and in this game the Mamluks were right above me.

It turned out to take much, much longer than I thought. Moving the sliders alone took almost a century, and then a few more decades waiting for the right ruler. In the meantime I've had to dodge a predatory Oman (later Najd), since I am completely unable to compete militarily. The Arabians have huge doomstacks, which take crazy attrition especially when I've scorched the land, but that's meaningless since there's such a huge disparity in combat ability. I've had to reload twice after being annexed by the Mamluks and Najd. Needless to say this is probably the last time I play a sub-Saharan nation.

Some interesting powers have formed though. The coolest was seeing both the Mughals (Timurids) and Hindustan form. Persia has been doing much better since it took Fars from the Mughals. France is also a nice solid colour this time. Muscowy has replaced Novgorod as the steppe predator, hopefully it forms Russia soon. Great Britain is Scottish. Bohemia has a Jagiellon king, and is so close to forming Jagiellon, it just needs Pecs I think. It hasn't made a move on Hungary for more than a century though. There also was a Greater Serbia stretching from Trieste to Edirne, but then they got trolled by Spain since Serbia is Orthodox. Further east Japan formed (with a little help from me - cancelling vassals and such). That red in Bengal is not GB but Japan.

Religion-wise this game is nothing spectacular - the Reformation fizzled out, only Austria and a handful of German OPMs are Protestant. Korea is Shinto, and between Hindustan and Bihar India is all Hindu.

I had some funj, but I'm quite tired of sub-Saharans by now honestly. I might continue this game as Bohemia, see if I can get Jagiellon to form.

Last edited: