• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My very first non-cheat, Divine Wind, Castille game. It is December 2, 1499.
10e3e6w.jpg

35clduq.jpg

I discovered almost all coastal provinces and most ocean provinces (or whatever they're called) by 1490, except the Pacific. Back in around 1450 or so I annexed Mali, giving me a huge infamy of 37 (still at 7.5 in 1499) and causing a huge guerrilla war that only ended in 1495. I have effectively nerfed Portugal to a complete minor (they even lost their COT), and Aragon is my only neighbor capable of putting up a fight. Morocco and Algeria are my beaches, yet they declare war every once in a while, where I steamroll them.

Why didn't you at least vassalize Aragon? Also be sure to get those Caribbean and Central American provinces. :)

When I fought Aragon their army was bigger than expected. An entire army was wiped out and the only other remaining one in the entire Iberian Peninsula was down to 4000 men. Just as I was moving my North African armies (2 stacks, 10,000 each), the Aragonese navy was right next door, about to pounce. Thankfully the war ended right then and there (I was not the starter nor defender of the war.) I might recall a North Africa army in the future to fight the Aragonese, but constantly Morocco and Algiers declare war. I can't make any deals except for annulling of treaties and conceding defeat otherwise my huge infamy skyrockets again. Right now though I am into a Milan game trying to unite the HRE, very challenging. The good part is that I am allied with the HRE since the first 10 years, and both of us have been nerfing Europe lately. I hope for electors to realize how bad they are and vote for me instead. Our best war was nerfing Austria into 3 provinces and freeing Tyrol and Styria. But Bavaria came in and fought Tyrol, my coalition beat them back but they took control of my Tyrol. They vassalized them in a separate deal. The same day I declared war on Tyrol to overthrow the Bavarian regime and put mine back in. Very bad time to by Tyrolian, having two countries fight on your soil for control of it. I managed to free Tyrol, and then vassalize them. Then the Sytyrians came in, but thankfully war did not break out and they withdrew within 4 months. Very interesting last few years in the HRE.

The Greek Orhodox Nation Of Cyprus(Without Cyprus, released as Byzantium).
X3jYw.jpg

Mod = D&T 4.0B alpha

Edit: Herp derp, you can see ma steam pop-up :X

Rainbow Dash? Brohoof to your friend there.

Cyprus would be a bit nicer if you acquired that Spanish enclave.

I'm playing as Thurungia. I'm the HRE emperor, and most of my land expansion has been through PUs. Must admit, it's a lot easier to see a 3/4/3 emperor rise to the throne while you're inheriting 5 countries.

D90D42C6058858C923F1E32E132F055784244832

This is a pic of Asia in my Thurungia game. I've never had Mughals form, seen massive Yemen, or AI come so close to forming Japan.

CCECAB299DEFE8BB0097148A23335DC4C1A19BFB

Btw, can someone explain to me why the AI mints at 75% inflation when it has over 1k gold in treasury?

Last edited:
I'm playing as Thurungia. I'm the HRE emperor, and most of my land expansion has been through PUs. Must admit, it's a lot easier to see a 3/4/3 emperor rise to the throne while you're inheriting 5 countries.

This is a pic of Asia in my Thurungia game. I've never had Mughals form, seen massive Yemen, or AI come so close to forming Japan.

Btw, can someone explain to me why the AI mints at 75% inflation when it has over 1k gold in treasury?

Because its bonkers. Why do you think castille annexes all of North africa and pieces of Turkey? Why do the ottomons take pieces of Sweden? Because the AI has gone completely and utterly mad.

D90D42C6058858C923F1E32E132F055784244832

CCECAB299DEFE8BB0097148A23335DC4C1A19BFB

Are you playing a mod? I have never seen Spain nor Mughals form. Ever.

here is my trebizond empire in miscmods
EU3_17.jpg

in this game france acutlly did pretty well and even got most of northen italy but since they had the bad habbit of embargoing me I freed most of the stuff they took in italy and now they got so weak that everybody attack them and freed alot of minors I bet they won't embargo me again now :laugh:
also england did pretty well till they lost a war and had to free all thier minors

Continue of the Cyprus Brazil
p5aMi.jpg

The Demense of the Cyprus Republic.
2h9Wu.jpg

(11.000 income)
We are clearly the leader in economic terms(average income of my provinces = 100 and trade brings a lot in to)

purple is me, is brittany.

My friend is Danemark.

The game is really fun, austria inherited bohemia, and keeps trying to kill everybody, and france made a quite powerfull blob. The ottomans can almost form russia (^^) which leads to a pretty balanced game.

The Catholic Empire of Iberia in the year of our Lord 1631 under the benevolent rule of his most catholic majesty Luis of house Trastámara, the first of his name.

1631iberia.png

Major powers are Iberia [which controls the lands around the Mediterranean and the Red Sea], Great Britain [which controls the British isles, Western France (conquest), Hungary (inherited) and many colonies including North America, the Caribbean, South America, Africa and Korea], Russia [which controls much of the Russian territories and has colonial possessions in North and South America, which it took from Norway (conquest)], Denmark [which controls Scandinavia, the Baltic coast and has colonial possessions in North and South America, which it took from Norway (annexed vassal) and South Africa], Guyenne [which controls a minor part of Western France and all of Southern South America]. The final colonial power is Brabant.

[ Death & Taxes mod ]