• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Finnish Empire in D&T.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4428/megafin.jpg
megafin.jpg

Started game in 1358 and released Finland via event. Started making a merchant superpower of it and for a few years I dominated world trade and besides obvious ones like Chinaware and Tobacco I was the leading trader in all goods. Since lost most of them though and I've had a hard time trading.
Got really lucky on both west and east. Golden Horde whacked Russia and they kept accepting my concession of defeat every time they came to my border. When they eventually fell I colonized former Novgorod and got their CoT (also had my own). Sweden I just got through PU - their low legitimacy monarch died and my 90-something old monarch rose to their throne. I quickly whacked Teutonic Order in a war to boost up my prestige and wham. I have the world's largest income though Mamluks and Portugal are catching up.

EDIT: Thanks to spy mission now Holstein is also under me in PU, inheritance upon monarch death.

Last edited:
I didn't expect it as his first time playing one though, especially since his name has "Danubian" in it.

I pretty much only play as Moscovy, France, Brandenburg and Castille/England for colonization. For example, never played as Portugal (shocking i know), Granada, Aragon or Burgundy XD

But yeah, despite being native to Balkan region, i never played as any country over here (apart from Byz and Ottomans). Watching vanilla's mutilated and misshaped Serbia hurts my eyes, Bulgaria does not exist and Bosnia is pretty much the same as Serbia. Even after i created MPM, playing as Serbia never felt "right", i always feared that i wont be able to resist from adding something that would make them OP XD

Who is the other red in britain?

It's England, revolted from GB, which was formed by Scottland :)

Persia's Government is also a little bit strange: They became a khaganate - dont ask me how - and then conquered the Arabian peninsula back from Castille. Korea also do very well. I've never seen a Korea like that. It's actually one of the most strangest game I've ever played...

That is incredible, Lord Finnish :) . Great work.

I have since ran into two big problems - Delhi and Lithuania. Yes that's right Delhi is sharing border with Finland. They conquered areas all the way to Archangelsk, which I retook in a crusade but Lithuania stabbed me in the back and attacked me. After tens of thousands dead and 19 WE I finally managed to white peace them after their allies bailed out even they were occupying my Russian possessions. Need to prepare for further wars with those fools...

So far I have whatever in that picture, plus Archangelsk and that one east of it (looks nice on map), a few islands in America and what once was Holstein. Income 5,000 ducats which is the largest, second one being GB with about 3,000 who I am allied with (both being protestant). Had Lithuania not attacked me I could have forced Norway into PU with me but now that I need to spend the next 5 years stomping down rebels and WE it will have to wait.

Update on Finland game.
My series of awesome luck continues. I was almost taken over in American colonization by Britain, but they in a massive stroke of stupid:
1) First converted to Protestant, and converted all their empire accordingly.
2) Re-converted to Catholicism, did NOT re-convert.
3) Let their empire fall to revolts, five of their American colonies defected to me.
4) They kept DoWing the Incas luring Aragon to excommunciate them and maul them to death. The British Empire has effectively been destroyed.

Europe. Note that I am leading PU with Norway and Northumbria.
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4428/megafin.jpg
megafin.jpg

American possessions.

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/6426/megafinamerika.jpg
megafinamerika.jpg

Note that since I am leading PU with Norway I will be getting Canada soon. I don't want it though, probably just going to sell it or something. Looks very ugly on map.

Posted in Strange Screenshots thread :)

Note that since I am leading PU with Norway I will be getting Canada soon. I don't want it though, probably just going to sell it or something. Looks very ugly on map.

Feels bad man

No offence, but I don't think your empire has very pretty borders as it is :p
I suppose my European map will always be ugly (aiming to control Baltic coast) but I like that American colony at the moment. Actually, I even sold one of the provinces to Britain (who had lost it to me in the first place due to revolt) to make it look better.

EDIt: Yay, Norway inherited!

Last edited:
Nice empires but i don't like the absence of eu 3 in your registered games...