• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So here is my Prussia game. Now most start as Brandenburg or the Teutonic Order. I started as Pommerania. One of the most significant acheivements I've had in this EUIII, period, is that in this game I held the emperorship from about the 1430s to the early 1500s. I lost it when all that crap with the Reformation started. All in all I had eight emperors. Another interesting thing is that for the past 185+ years only Bohemia and I, as Pommerania, have shared the emperorship, with the exception of a brief bout under the rule of the Austrians, who are now a crushed shadow of their former selves.

So here is the world map. Yeah shoot me for it's chaos. Novgorod is a goddamned monster. They've effectively halted Polish expansion. Soon Poland will be crushed by the Bohemian-Prussian Alliance (and affiliated company). Also Bihar has expanded quite well and I believe Vijayanagar formed Hindustan, but I am unsure. Another interesting thing is that the Polish-Lithuanian PU is strong and intact. Yet no annexation has taken place.

eu3mappru15801131.png

Here is a look at my European possessions. I recently conquered Southern Sweden. And yes, I do own that little bit of grey in the British Isles. Some interesting facts. Dauphine is doing well. The Pope conquered lands from Norway way up north. Burgundy is alive. Bavaria has expanded quite well. Austria has been destroyed and its former lands have changed hands between different nations numerous times. Oh, and the Balkans are a mess.

eu3105.png

Here are my possessions in West Africa. My CoT in Cayor is quite wealthy and stretches across the Atlantic to Mexico. :)

eu3106.png

Here are my possessions in Southern Africa. Sweden, one of my many enemies, is next door to the North (Kongo) and the east.

eu3107.png

Here is Prussian Mexico. I vassalized the Aztecs early on, not wanting to divide my colonies between those in central Mexico and those in the Yucatan. I also vassalized the Huastec, but canceled it. I wanted to invade and conquer them. Then a regency came (which is now over). I've lost interest in conquering them, though. My energy has been focused on Sweden. Along the East Coast of the RL United States, the Danes have gained significant possessions both there and in Southern Quebec. The British own East Quebec and Newfoundland. They also conquered the New England provinces from Aragon. I know, weird. Oh, and South America is a mess. And the Pope has colonized a few islands in the Caribbean in the name of Catholicism.

eu3108.png

^ Nice game. So what are your future goals? Do you intend to form Germany, like every single other person who plays a Prussian game? :p

So I just united Japan as the Emperor. As in the OPM that has no diplomatic options with anyone.

TLFNB.jpg

(this province was the last stronghold of the Shoguns)

I was half-expecting the Shogunate to not dissolve, which would've put me in a quite interesting spot, utterly unable to conduct war.

Thank god for the "Trading in Spices" bonus, would've been so much harder without. Also would've been impossible had Korea not randomly decided to invade and then white peace out; that distracted Minamoto long enough for me to collapse their country.

Extremely awesome, good sir.

On a different note, has anyone ever had the HRE function disappear when your female heir took over? As in I was HRE for quite a while, but had not yet passed the reform to make the title hereditary. Then Jean became my queen, and the HRE button on the side disappeared and the HRE is now lead by rebels. Apparently. Is there any way to reverse this, or just load an earlier save?

Extremely awesome, good sir.

On a different note, has anyone ever had the HRE function disappear when your female heir took over? As in I was HRE for quite a while, but had not yet passed the reform to make the title hereditary. Then Jean became my queen, and the HRE button on the side disappeared and the HRE is now lead by rebels. Apparently. Is there any way to reverse this, or just load an earlier save?

That happens often. No way to reverse it.

^ Nice game. So what are your future goals? Do you intend to form Germany, like every single other person who plays a Prussian game? :p
Nope. The sanctity of the Pommeranian and Prussian identity will not be soiled in name by the likes of those beer drinking Bavarians or barbarianistic Saxons. They will suppressed and oppressed. But first my Polish enemies must feel the wrath of my mighty empire.

:D

2ywwpp0.jpg

I think I will indulge myself in a typical Prussia--->Germany game, instead. One game as the Kingdom of (P)Russia satiated my needs for Teutonic weirdness.

For now, at least.

Update on my Leinster > Ireland game:
EU3_MAP_IRE_182111_2.jpg

EU3_MAP_IRE_182111_1.jpg

This was my first game and I pretty much just wanted to see how powerful I could get. Made loads of mistakes, but pretty satisfied with the result. In addition to a horde of vassals I was also in a PU with Bohemia, Savoy and Ukraine (in addition to being the Holy Roman Emperor).

Once I get my first colony on the west coast of North America and settle my wars with the UK I think I'll post my Novgorod -> Russia game. One question is how people are getting the world map views.

eu311p.png

eu310.png

I colonised almost all of today's USA which was my goal. Another goal was to keep Ottomans alive but they didn't need much help though they didnt expand much. The game now became boring so I though I post the final screenshots.
I am in peace for about 100 years now, I own half of France but the French don't have the cohones to attack me again as I gained every French province from defensive wars which France always started.
My only offensive war was against Hafsid because I needed Tunis to form the Almohad Caliphate. Now I spend the last years with colonizing North America and there was not a single war which I got dragged into. I could steamroll Europe and meet with the Ottmans at the gates of Vienna but I lost interest. Speaking of interest - another interesting thing is Bengal surviving against the Chinese dynasties and managing to stay Sunni Islam.

Since my last screenshot at about mid 1500s England is occupied by Cornwall but they don't make a peace deal, nor do English provinces defect to Cornwall...

kinda off-topic, but what the hell is Banu Abd-al-Mumin? That's not even a real Arabic name, abd-al-mumin means slave of the believer, and obviously Muslims don't call Allah "The Believer".

Wikipedia tells me Abd al-Mu'min was the first Caliph of the Alamohads. :p

kinda off-topic, but what the hell is Banu Abd-al-Mumin? That's not even a real Arabic name, abd-al-mumin means slave of the believer, and obviously Muslims don't call Allah "The Believer".

Wikipedia tells me Abd al-Mu'min was the first Caliph of the Alamohads. :p

Banu = House or Home.

Those of Abd al-Mu'mins house. Or Abd al-Mu'min's house.

And if you haven't tried MEIOU yet I strongly suggest you do. The graphics and interface overhaul alone are worth playing it.. Not to mention a ton of extra decisions/provinces/countries.

Btw Abd does not neccessarily mean "slave", it is also "servant". Mumin means also believer... so it could also be translated as "house of the believer's servants"