• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well you should aim for "mare nostum" as well. (I'm guessing it's about controlling the Mediterranean Sea :D)

Mare Nostrum is Latin for 'our sea'. It's what the Romans called the Med after owning all the land around it. It's since come to mean that any sea entirely surrounded by one country is that country's mare nostrum.

did you help that monster Murom? cause its fairly impressive :p

No, that monstrosity formed on its own. I did help Poland split up (what was) monster Bohemia in a series of wars.

Might not be a late-game empire but still behold the Polish Kingdom..
nUyzY.jpg

Muscovy and Ryazan are under PU and GH is slowly being colonized by Polish Kolonists.
I am also sending regular war subsidies to Georgia because i would like to see a strong Orthodox ally(Gonna take russia so).

At least he can not complain about the lack of an end game monster to fight.

Considering he has around another 200 years...I think he might have the chance

Austria? Nah they're small fry...

14FAB.jpg

:sad:

What the hell happened there? Was Bohemia emperor? How is neither Austria or Savoy part of the HRE?

What the hell happened there? Was Bohemia emperor? How is neither Austria or Savoy part of the HRE?
The AI tends to fragment after forming the HRE, but I assume it wasn't that since they are not having rebel issues. It's more likely that Austria and Savoy split off when Bohemia tried to Revoke the Privilegia.

Badajoz and Zaragoza? I'm presume you're playing the MiscMods Shatered Europe campaign.

That's definitely Shattered Europe. And that's the most shattered (Aha, I made it a pun!) Anatolia I've ever seen. Nice to see England beat back the Druids, too.

Here is an update on my Milan/Italy game.

eu38.png

Not sure how to proceed. Should I take on Britian, Spain or finish my conquest in the middle east? I'm also planning on eating up the French Minors but I'm not sure if I'll have the time to complete my empire by games end.

Damn Infamy :(
As they say - mare nostrum. It's always goot to have all mediterranean provinces and control it with navy on Gibraltar. Just as well - controlling the baltic sea. Grab Bursa and check Triggered modifiers icon - you'll get 15% trade income for Bosphorus sound toll.

If you want, you can still do a world conquest. Just start with large enemies. All the small ones (up to 4-5 provinces) you can get in last 5-10 years.

So I decided it was about time to get the 30 threedeckers achievement, which I've been stalling on since I didn't want to be bored out of my mind playing GB in single player. However, I found a solution: to vassalize the world for the sake of enforcing pretty borders, and try to get as many of the blobs compose of rare countries as possible (Catalunya, Greece etc).

So far it's 1433 and I've just finished 30 years of constant war against France + Vassals, Scotland, Burgundy, Brabant, Aragon, Provence, Naples, Brittany, Bohemia, The Hansa, Luneburg, Magdeburg, Oldenburg, Riga, the Teutonic Order, Morocco, Karaman, Sweden, Styria, Switzerland, Avignon, Muscovy, and probably some other nations that I'm forgetting. Everyone DoWed me as soon as their truces were up (except Bohemia, but he couldn't find his way to France anyways so it didn't make a difference) and I nearly collapsed, with rebels occupying almost half my country and all of my mainland territory being occupied by enemies for the better part of it. I'd be dead if my initial high prestige from annexing half of France didn't let me sphere Friesland and then cancel the sphere to gain peace over and over.

Anyhow, I've accomplished something already (and which was why I had to enter thirty years of hell in the first place) which I'm relatively happy with. See if you can spot it (the above paragraphs should give some hints).

WCtLJ.jpg

Last edited: